• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Over rated Players

Ali Williams. The least physical lock in world rugby and a big reason NZ didnt do better in the WC> [/b]

Once again - What on earth are you talking about?

I would love to see your reasoning on blaming the lock who destroyed the French Line Out by himself while his locking partner limped off after 55 minutes in the Quarter Final, and was probably the foward who did the most damage with the ball in hand for the All Blacks on the failure.

^^^ Agreed lol

Graham Henry made a big deal over Andrew Ellis. He's 'aiight' but not All Black worthy from my point of view, which is why i tag him as overrated. Jimmy Cowan is more suitable than he is. I hate to say it but i feel that BOD is overrated. Lol bring on the criticisms

no i have to agree. ever since the bod vs tana thing went about, everyone bagged tana, and talked up bod. however, yes, ive seen why people rate him, but maybe thats because hes made look like a f***ing legend by the other 14 men who are dribble around him lol. definatly overrated by the way hes talked about.

I dont understand the whole Gavin Henson being overrated. Cos since he has been injured/banned at the end of 2005 and he has struggled to find form (until this season) people have been barracking him with abuse and saying how he is nothing more than ordinary. So surely on that he is no longer overrated, I would go as far to say he is under-rated now.

But Peel is definately overrated, Mike Phillips should be the starting scrumhalf for Wales. Even if he isnt playing consistantly for the Ospreys, he is still learning from one of the best scrumhalves of the modern era in Justin Marshall.

<div class='quotemain'>
I agree with all them. I hate to say it but i agree with O'driscoll being over rated at the moment. I wish he could find his best form and be the best center in the world again.

There is only one more i can think of to add:
Dwayne Peel
[/b]

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

At last someone who thinks dwayne peel is as average as i do!!

I'll add Chabal to the list as well, all the hype over nothing bugs me. Gavin Henson deserves a mention as well as O'Gara. [/b][/quote]

+1

<div class='quotemain'> Ali Williams. The least physical lock in world rugby and a big reason NZ didnt do better in the WC> [/b]

Once again - What on earth are you talking about?

I would love to see your reasoning on blaming the lock who destroyed the French Line Out by himself while his locking partner limped off after 55 minutes in the Quarter Final, and was probably the foward who did the most damage with the ball in hand for the All Blacks on the failure.
[/b][/quote]

The French line out was weak throughout the Wc and im not denying that Williams is a fine line out foward.I just think to be a top 2nd row you need to be seriously physical. Williams is typical of a lot of the forwards who have developed through Super 12 and 14 rugby. Athletic yes but an international 2nd row of course not. The guy is a soft touch and lacks confidence due to this. he really needs a bit of the devil in him and that is something you cant teach.

Don't. Talk. ****.

Lacks Confidence? Jesus Christ, your just making stuff up now. Ali Williams is probably the most confident (some would say cocky) player in the All Blacks team, both on and off the field, most locks wouldn't have the balls to do some of the stuff he does.

A Soft Touch? Lacks the Devil? Now I know you've never watched a game he's played. Find me a lock who is as physical with the ball in hand he is in the country - did you not see the World Cup? For such a "soft" guy he seems to just run at, and over multiple players left right and centre quite a lot.

Maybe your just stuck in 1967 where locks just spent all day in lineouts cheap shotting each other, you can stick with those sorts if you like. I think i'd prefer the lock who will steal your lineout ball, than break through 4 tackles and score ala the first Lions Test in 2005 (You know, when he caned those big, physical Northern Hemisphere locks)

Don't. Talk. ****.

Lacks Confidence? Jesus Christ, your just making stuff up now. Ali Williams is probably the most confident (some would say cocky) player in the All Blacks team, both on and off the field, most locks wouldn't have the balls to do some of the stuff he does.

A Soft Touch? Lacks the Devil? Now I know you've never watched a game he's played. Find me a lock who is as physical with the ball in hand he is in the country - did you not see the World Cup? For such a "soft" guy he seems to just run at, and over multiple players left right and centre quite a lot.

Maybe your just stuck in 1967 where locks just spent all day in lineouts cheap shotting each other, you can stick with those sorts if you like. I think i'd prefer the lock who will steal your lineout ball, than break through 4 tackles and score ala the first Lions Test in 2005 (You know, when he caned those big, physical Northern Hemisphere locks)
[/b]

I think ive hit a raw nerve with you Ripper. Whats with the I love Ali "lacks any ********" Williams, hang on a second, I think I know what it is...................I know he sems like a nice boy but............................................so thats why they call you RIPPER.

I dont understand the whole Gavin Henson being overrated. Cos since he has been injured/banned at the end of 2005 and he has struggled to find form (until this season) people have been barracking him with abuse and saying how he is nothing more than ordinary. So surely on that he is no longer overrated, I would go as far to say he is under-rated now.

But Peel is definately overrated, Mike Phillips should be the starting scrumhalf for Wales. Even if he isnt playing consistantly for the Ospreys, he is still learning from one of the best scrumhalves of the modern era in Justin Marshall.
[/b]
Underperforming is completely different to being overrated. You can't honestly say that you'd prefer Mike "wanna fight?" Phillips as the future Welsh scrum-half to Peel? He's off his game at the moment but under Gatland, he'll hopefully play to his best again. You've totally contradicted yourself there, Peel was also injured towards the end of the 05/06 season and while he hasn't regained his form yet, who's to say he won't? Henson failed to get back to his best for 2 years, so it's hard to see why we're all calling Peel overrated after only a year. While I agree he shouldn't be first choice at the moment, at his best, Phillips isn't a shadow of him.
On Topic (HALLELUJAH!):

Bryan Habana (Oh yes I did!)
Ronan O'Gara
Dan Carter (At the moment at least.)
Gavin Henson (When he kicks the winning penalty against England in this years Six Nations, I'll start rating him again ;D)

<div class='quotemain'>
Don't. Talk. ****.

[/b]

I think ive hit a raw nerve with you Ripper. Whats with the I love Ali "lacks any ********" Williams, hang on a second, I think I know what it is...................I know he sems like a nice boy but............................................so thats why they call you RIPPER. [/b][/quote]

Ali Williams not a physical lock?

I don't even like Ali Williams</span>

<div class='quotemain'>
Don't. Talk. ****.

[/b]

I think ive hit a raw nerve with you Ripper. Whats with the I love Ali "lacks any ********" Williams, hang on a second, I think I know what it is...................I know he sems like a nice boy but............................................so thats why they call you RIPPER. [/b][/quote]

forum tips 101:

#72: when it is obvious you have lost an argument with another member, gain dignity by changing topics from the argument, to personal attacks on the member in question.

<div class='quotemain'>
Don't. Talk. ****.

[/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmU2yVNSZeo

Ali Williams > Any 'Solid' Northern Hemisphere lock. <--- Notice the fullstop

Ali Williams. The least physical lock in world rugby and a big reason NZ didnt do better in the WC> [/b]
are you kidding? ali williams was one of the better locks in the competition i thought and he is a huge talent.

lol agreed, Ali Williams is the mantis and not the pathetic, sissy like guy that Danny points him out to be haha

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Don't. Talk. ****.

[/b]

forum tips 101:

#72: when it is obvious you have lost an argument with another member, gain dignity by changing topics from the argument, to personal attacks on the member in question.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed, pretty much everyone can see that Ali Williams is one of the best locks in the world. Why would he be in the All Black starting lineup otherwise?

Marcus Di Rollo, f*** knows why Tolhouse were interested in him.
He has **** poor handling, too slow to be a winger and doesn't have the size or strength to play in the center. I wouldn't be upset if he never played for Scotland again. Thank god for Rob Dewey,

lol agreed, Ali Williams is the mantis and not the pathetic, sissy like guy that Danny points him out to be haha
[/b]

Good to see all you Kiwi boys sticking together but you should take a more constructive view and look at the problem with NZ rugby and not be so defensive. Its not all about running around at 100 miles an hour with the ball never reaching touch. Like i have previously said Williams is a good 2nd row and a fine line out foward but dont kid yourselves that he is world class. The really top locks are a nightmare to play against, can you honestly say Williams is anything but an athletic lock who is out of his depth in physical aggression at the very highest level.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Good to see all you Kiwi boys sticking together but you should take a more constructive view and look at the problem with NZ rugby and not be so defensive. Its not all about running around at 100 miles an hour with the ball never reaching touch. Like i have previously said Williams is a good 2nd row and a fine line out foward but dont kid yourselves that he is world class. The really top locks are a nightmare to play against, can you honestly say Williams is anything but an athletic lock who is out of his depth in physical aggression at the very highest level. [/b][/quote]

For a lock who is out of his depth at the highest level he does seem to dominate alot against those big, bad Northern Hemisphere teams. Go ask the Lions what they think of him - that's assuming you actually watched the Lions. And it's interesting that you consider a guy with the Stormers as his favourite club, with the English Flag and the nickname "Incredible Schalk" a Kiwi.

Like I said, you can keep your "old school" locks, but I think the All Blacks will do just fine with the "soft" lock who will steal your ball. Because nothing screams "soft" more than jumping up and stealing your line out, before dragging 4 fowards 10m over the try line... I mean, thre All Blacks would obviously be better with that big, tough Keith Robinson who could only manage 12 tests in 5 years before breaking down for the 17th time. But hey, keep making your wrong little generalisations to your blue in your chubby little face, it just makes you look like an even bigger moron.

Another thing - The All Blacks line out is supposedly a joke, but as soon as Ali Williams is fit they dominate... and If I didn't know better I would swear the Second Rowers main focus is still the line out. Take a constructive view of what's wrong with NZ Rugby? lolz - England is still in deeper **** then we are.

Latest posts