• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Overrated/Underrated Players

D

Dmx#1

Who do you think are the overrated/underrated players on rugby 06? I wouldnt consider myself an expert but these are the people who i think are:

K Mealamu - To low needs to be higher
T Woodcock -The best tight head in NZ gets a 80?
C Hayman - The best prop in the world shouldnt get a 83
R So'oialo - Hes might not be the greatest No.8 and he has his critics but he should be in the 80s
M Muliana - The best full back imho gets a 78?
N Tialata - 68 is way to low
J Eaton - a bit too low
R McGaw - Should be rated than G Smith
D Carter - Should be rated higher than Johnny Wilkonson

Ill add more later id like to see what you guys think...

S. Lauaki rated too high particularly in rucking ability.
L. Messam underrated in the speed department.
S. Sivivatu badly underrated probably the best All Black wing currently.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

Who do you think are the overrated/underrated players on rugby 06? I wouldnt consider myself an expert but these are the people who i think are:

K Mealamu - To low needs to be higher
T Woodcock -The best tight head in NZ gets a 80?
C Hayman - The best prop in the world shouldnt get a 83
R So'oialo - Hes might not be the greatest No.8 and he has his critics but he should be in the 80s
M Muliana - The best full back imho gets a 78?
N Tialata - 68 is way to low
J Eaton - a bit too low
R McGaw - Should be rated than G Smith
D Carter - Should be rated higher than Johnny Wilkonson

Ill add more later id like to see what you guys think...
[/b]

tialata is definitely an untested prop atm, as for jason eaton, hes definitely not a top range player....woodcock is a loosehead

[/quote]

tialata is definitely an untested prop atm, as for jason eaton, hes definitely not a top range player....woodcock is a loosehead
[/quote].
lmao my bad.... yeah i guess i am a bit biased I am right about R McGaw and Carter though cmon :D :p lol....Jason Eaton got newcomer of the year award so i think he should get a bit of a better rating and 68 still seems low for tialata but yeah your probbably right...Im no expert lol...keep posting people plz it would be interesting to see what you all think

Well I gotta say the entire default english forward pack are vastly overrated as the only way to say whether a player is under or overpowered in terms of stats is by looking at them relative to other players.
If we look at a guy like andy sheridan who basically got his ass handed to him by hayman and couldn't make any headway against tialata then right there is a prime example of how overated he is or vice versa how underated hayman and tialata are.

As no one has found fault with my comments on the 3 players i mentioned previously I'll take it most are in agreement :D

luke mcalistair i thought was given proper ratings! he's way better than he is in the game.

muliani is not the best fullback in the world though!

i would definately rate macdonald higher than him.

Shane Horgan-Completely underrated, a great player
Paul O'Connell-Best 2nd row in the world should be rated far higher
Jerry Flannery-very low rating, best hooker in NH

Shane Williams-an impact player?? now thats a joke!! terrible player cant tackle!
Carlos Spencer-a great player and all that but impact players are supposed to be the very best, hes not
Matthew Tait-hes like a 90, what the hell hes not even a regular international!!

Shane Williams-an impact player?? now thats a joke!! terrible player cant tackle!
Carlos Spencer-a great player and all that but impact players are supposed to be the very best, hes not
Matthew Tait-hes like a 90, what the hell hes not even a regular international!!
[/b]
Just cos he's not a great tackler doesn't mean he's a terrible player. For a start, a terrible player wouldn't be first-choice winger for his national team. He's great at counter-attacking and one of the trickiest wingers in the business. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the view that every player on the pitch should be a huge f***off player, and not all wingers can be like Jonah Lomu. Shane's found his niche and he is the best in the world at what he does IMO.

I'd have to agree there. Plus, there's no way he should be downgraded; He's too much damn fun to use in the game... Especially when you make a back 3 of Williams, Habana and Robinson (Lewsey and BOD and feeding centres)! :D

It has always confounded me with all of EA's rugby series, how come the best players come from teams that are obviously not the best. I don't think anyone could argue that the All Blacks are without a doubt the most consistent winning rugby team in the world. Their records outstrip every other team in the world and yet the ratings on the players are so downright average in comparison to other countries.
If you ask me the All Blacks should be the unlockable team in any future EA game and should be as difficult to beat as they are in reality. World cup wins not withstanding. :D

It has always confounded me with all of EA's rugby series, how come the best players come from teams that are obviously not the best. I don't think anyone could argue that the All Blacks are without a doubt the most consistent winning rugby team in the world. Their records outstrip every other team in the world and yet the ratings on the players are so downright average in comparison to other countries.
If you ask me the All Blacks should be the unlockable team in any future EA game and should be as difficult to beat as they are in reality. World cup wins not withstanding. :D
[/b]

you ought to be shot for even suggesting that! i wont have any bloody fun not being able to punch someones guts out using collins or smoking someone's ass off with rockokoko

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Just cos he's not a great tackler doesn't mean he's a terrible player. For a start, a terrible player wouldn't be first-choice winger for his national team. He's great at counter-attacking and one of the trickiest wingers in the business. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the view that every player on the pitch should be a huge f***off player, and not all wingers can be like Jonah Lomu. Shane's found his niche and he is the best in the world at what he does IMO.
[/b][/quote]

Well there are many that wouldn't pick him if they were Welsh coach. Anyway hes an impact player over Sivivatu, Rockokoko, howlett, shane horgan, tuquiri, cueto, rougerie, clerc, dominci, caucau and bobo. thats all i can think of without really tryin and if i really tried that list would be a lot longer!!

lol its debatable everyone has there opinion

in my opinion id pick shane in a world xv every single time

BUT IT SEEMS TO BE ONLY THE WELSH WHO LIKE THE SMALL TRICKY WINGERS

YOIU CAN KLEEPP YOUR f***ING SHANE HORGAN

yea he's scored more important trys than williams against the english, and he'd rip the welsh apart if he played them this weekend.

Yeah it would be hilarious to see Shaggy destroy williams in Cardiff but unfortunately its not going to happen and what's worse Hickie may play!!

lol

i dont like big wingers, they do nothing for me, horgan is a good technical player but nothing more.

how many tries has horgan scored for ireland in how many games, percisely

shanes scored much more per ratio

and hahaha shane hasnt scored important tries against england wtf are you on about, 2005 anyone, forget hensons kick, without shane we wouldnt have won!!

its all about what you want in a winger, to me shane offers something more, that x factor, where he can just spark a game into life with one moment of brilliance, to me al the people who criticise shane are the ones who watch him maybe once or twice a year, i see this guy every week pretty much, and to say hes dynamite is the understatement of the year, he straight from the gerald davies mould, although unfortunately most people on here probably dont even know who gerald is, which is f***ing nuts!!

Latest posts