• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Overrated/Underrated Players

What do you guys think of J Robinsons speed? I know hez fast but do you think that the game shows a fair representation of his actual speed in real life?

It's just about fair for JR in terms of attacking, although he'svastly overpowered for tackling. He's still the most fun player to use in the game though.

It's just about fair for JR in terms of attacking, although he'svastly overpowered for tackling. He's still the most fun player to use in the game though.
[/b]

Yeah i know what you mean. I always score tries with the quick little bugger.

Most players with high kicking power are overated in that department, or the game mechanics are wrong. 80+m kicks don't happen too often. Sp Henson, Wilko and Carter are overated in that department.

Dempsey - Underrsted
D'Arcy - Underrated
S Horgan - Underrated
Anthny Horgan - overrated!!!!! He has an 85 rating and he's a speedster. He shud b around 50 and a fat slow idiot.

O'Connell - should be 95
O'Callaghan - Way underrated
Flannery - Way underrated
Leamy - Way underrated

Very English player - WAY overrated. Is EA sports English?? It must b. I've never seen such a biased game. England werent even good last year.

Henson - overrated
Thomas - Underrated

I can't understand why EA sports chose to make England so good in Rugby 06. What was it based on? Both 05 and 06 six nations were pretty bad forEngland. The fact that they made Dallaglio and Robinson impact players was ridiculous. That was entirely based on the RWC in 03. Dallaglio hasn't been playing in years!!
I don't think any England players should be impact players in the next game. I fail to think of any. Lewsey and Robinson certainly don't deserve it. Wilko has an outside chance but I'd put Carter, Contepomi and O'Gara ahead of him for outhalf impace players.

victor matfield- best lineout jumper in the world 84ovrl? lol! [/b]

Overall is the average over all the attributes...84 is pretty damn good considering his running and passing and kicking is lower than that. Whatever he lacks in the athleticism attributes, he make up for the lineout jumping and scrummaging and stuff like that, and it levels out at 84.

well then ea's rating system is ghey!

it should be different for each position.. eg - the scrumaging ability of a fullback should not be a factor of their overall rating...
whereas for a prop it should have a very high influence of overall rating

They only use about 5 attributes overall. If you dont believe me experiment with the player creator.

Lol. Well according to an email I got sent people wont listen to me till I'm 25. No one takes me seriously

Actually, how often do people here score tries with their No.10 by slipping through the line? Never? That's what it's like for me. The only line breaks I ever make are through that big gaping hole which sometimes crops up in the centre.
[/b]
Surely you are kiddin around :)

Anyway Lewsey seems to strong in the game than in real life.....he is almost Lomu like with his tackle breaks stats.

Most players with high kicking power are overated in that department, or the game mechanics are wrong. 80+m kicks don't happen too often. Sp Henson, Wilko and Carter are overated in that department.
[/b]
There is another as well :)

i think kyran bracken is slightly underated, matt dawson and peter stringer could have had a high rating overall, possibly even star players!
alix popham-underated
gavin henson - OVERATED!
brent cockbain - OVERATED!
mike tindal- underated
oriol ripol- very underated
there is loads of underated players in the game, like anthony allen, but im guessing that is beause the game came out before they were reconised..

Latest posts