• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Overrated/Underrated Players

Williams has had a cracking past couple of seasons and it's debatable just how many players outh there are faster then him in all world rugby... I doubt I would need more then 1 hand to do so.

His only real problem, which stems from him being so small and nimble, is he can't tackle or defend for nuts.

I would say that the French squad deserves more impact players than just Yannick Nyanga...

Olivier Magne is a little bit over-rated...
Sebastien Chabal deserves a bit more i think
Rafael Ibanez should be an 88/89 rated hooker
Heymans should be rated higher
Thomas Castaignède is at least as good as Julien Laharrague, maybe not at kicking skills, but deserves a higher rating anyway
The France front-row is a little bit under-rated i think, the scrummaging rate should be increased for Milloud, De Villiers and Marconnet
Yannick Jauzion should be an impact player, i don't say that he's a marvellous center (still thinks he's great) but he deserves it, it think...
Frédéric Michalak should be rated higher... now i know what you guys are gonna say, he's not a great FH, bla bla bla, he's not consistent, bla bla bla... but since when being consistent is taking in account for Rugby 06 player rating??? I'm personally a big Michalak's fan ( or should i say a Mallack's fan :p ) think he has quick hands, quick feets, good vision...

That's for France squad

I think conrad smith is a bit overrated (see im not that biased lol) Toeva's rating is too low. I think Rocokoko's acceleration should be higher. Ben Atiga is overrated. Thats all i can think of for now.

toeava hasnt really proven himself on the intl scene as much as he has proved himself on the auckland scene, hope he does well for the blues this season

I think conrad smith is a bit overrated (see im not that biased lol) Toeva's rating is too low. I think Rocokoko's acceleration should be higher. Ben Atiga is overrated. Thats all i can think of for now.
[/b]

yep, he might be the best NZ no.13 but still, 96 is too much... :p

For Myself

Gethin Jenkins - Underated
Ryan Jones - Underated
Alun Wyn-Jones - Underated
Michael Owen - Overated

For Myself

Ryan Jones - Underated
Michael Owen - Overated
[/b]

Yep,d

And Gareth Thomas is also underated i think, no ?

<div class='quotemain'>
For Myself

Ryan Jones - Underated
Michael Owen - Overated
[/b]

Yep,d

And Gareth Thomas is also underated i think, no ?
[/b][/quote]

A little bit late eighties for myself!

Shane WIlliams a tricky winger??? POOR POOR NORTHERN HEMISPHERE SUPPORTSER!! thats just sad. Anyone remember the moves Rokocoko has pulled in the pass. The step against Italy in '03 the Hop skip/ Dummy chip against Wales. EveryIslander and Aboriginal in NZ and Aus can show you guys some tricks you have never seen. Guys like Gear just dont wanna loose meteres sometimes so they dont pull ne of the hop steps.

I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I just think shane williams is a crap player and don't see how anyone could rate him. Defence wins you games, same as in any team sport. If you can't tackle your not a good player, shane williams can't tackle

the thing about gear is tat he runs diagonally across the field which creates a hell lot of holes for the defence

even after 10 years of training, Traille could not do this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v74D85fYG00
[/b]

Yeah but it was against Canada so you shouldn't get too excited.

And also about Conrad Smith - even though he is rated really high in the game I don't find him that effective. He is a bit slow and he hardly ever breaks tackles and it seems that he always gets turned over. I very rarely have him in my All Black squad.

It is one thing that EA Sports have some very interesting interpretations when it comes to asigning the stats to players but the worse thing is that they didn't include a decent editor so we could change the players that we felt needed it.

toeava hasnt really proven himself on the intl scene as much as he has proved himself on the auckland scene, hope he does well for the blues this season[/b]

Yeah true, but hes still young he just needs more time. I hope hurricanes give him a good hammering for leaving lol

And also about Conrad Smith - even though he is rated really high in the game I don't find him that effective. He is a bit slow and he hardly ever breaks tackles and it seems that he always gets turned over. I very rarely have him in my All Black squad.

It is one thing that EA Sports have some very interesting interpretations when it comes to asigning the stats to players but the worse thing is that they didn't include a decent editor so we could change the players that we felt needed it.[/b]

Yeah its weird how conrad smith is rated high but isnt that great. I dont think they should downgrade him just make him more useful while not givin a really high rating. I think the 'handling' skill has a lot to do with his rating. Whenver i create centres with high handling rating their overal rating goes high. Conrad should be quicker though i think.

I definantly agree with you on the editor. Rugby should of had a similar menu to madden where you could easily acess players by theri ratings,postions etc.. Its better than these slow menus

<div class='quotemain'>
even after 10 years of training, Traille could not do this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v74D85fYG00
[/b]

Yeah but it was against Canada so you shouldn't get too excited.

It is one thing that EA Sports have some very interesting interpretations when it comes to asigning the stats to players but the worse thing is that they didn't include a decent editor so we could change the players that we felt needed it.
[/b][/quote]

Two things - Gavin Henson is over-rated (I've actually seen him run properly through players before)

Secondly, that video clip of Michalak highlights exactly where Rugby 06 falls down - has anyone here EVER scored a try REMOTELY like that one? One where you slip between 2 defenders (and don't slow down to a crawl) and then are able to step the full-back without being easily chased down by the other people chasing you? No, because the game is not precise enough in any department. You cannot control your runners properly, and you also cannot control the defense properly.

There should be some times where you slip a tackle and no animation is triggered, so you basically just run past the player without slowing down, which happens in real rugby but not in Rugby 06.

Actually, how often do people here score tries with their No.10 by slipping through the line? Never? That's what it's like for me. The only line breaks I ever make are through that big gaping hole which sometimes crops up in the centre.

Oh, and Shane Williams is in no way, shape or form, a good player.

I score loads of tries with my number tens - I get the ball deep and just pick the right angle - I maybe fire off a dummy and the defence just sits there waiting in a line as I go over in the corner. It doesn't always work but it does work sometimes.

I score loads of tries with my number tens - I get the ball deep and just pick the right angle - I maybe fire off a dummy and the defence just sits there waiting in a line as I go over in the corner. It doesn't always work but it does work sometimes. [/b]

So you score loads of tries with your number 10s..yet it only works sometimes? :carrot:

I think theres quite a few overrated NH players. NZ has alot of underrated players. Especially players like C Hayman (83) and T Woodcock (80) Ali Williams (82). Sivivatu should be in 90s imo. I can score alot of tries with the number ten even with average players like Lavea.

I think theres quite a few overrated NH players. NZ has alot of underrated players. Especially players like C Hayman (83) and T Woodcock (80) Ali Williams (82). Sivivatu should be in 90s imo. I can score alot of tries with the number ten even with average players like Lavea.
[/b]

But surely not by running through the defense. I can do it by running diagonally, but never cutting back through the defense.

Latest posts