[Pacific Nations Cup] United States vs. Japan. 14/06/14

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
United States.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Japan.png

United States vs. Japan. 14/06/14, 7:30 p.m. PDT. StubHub Center, Carson, California, United States.

Referee: Greg Garner (England)

Japan will look to build on their amazing comeback win over Canada with a good performance on an Eagles side that couldn't find it's attacking groove vs. Scotland. Japan looked impressive at scrum time and this could once again come into play as the American scrum is known to have deficiencies. I like the Blossoms in this one as long as they play even close to how they did in the 2nd half vs. Canada.

Lineups: TBA

Darn, once again I find myself cheering for the yanks, hopefully they can do us a favour as far as table points go.

No interest in this one? Only jonny and I have even looked at the thread LOL.

Japan by 10 I would say.

Not sure how many South Sea Islanders are playing for Japan now. Loved them the first time I saw them play in a WC, where there was a winger who literally flew through the air in tackles. Unsure how much interest is there now (we had an influx of Japanese posters a while back, but not heard from them since). Hopefully, they will form the majority of the team though (not the posters, the players)

Not sure how many South Sea Islanders are playing for Japan now. Loved them the first time I saw them play in a WC, where there was a winger who literally flew through the air in tackles. Unsure how much interest is there now (we had an influx of Japanese posters a while back, but not heard from them since). Hopefully, they will form the majority of the team though (not the posters, the players)

We've been hearing from him.

Japan are really conceding a lot of points and scoring a pile as well, incredibly wide open stuff under Jones. They almost never kick even in their own 22.

Size of venue looks terrible for crowd numbers, stadium looks empty even though there are pockets of fans.