• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Patch requirements

Be specific, this isn't helpful at all.

sorry for being so vague, was upset at a game i just played
the biggest one for me is that i have no idea how the game determines the result of a ball going dead in goal
i've had teams knock on into goal and i've soccer kicked it out, it should have been a 5m scrum for me but the game gave the other team a 5m scrum
other team kicks it into goal and i soccer kicked it out or ran it dead and instead of a 22 dropout the other team got a 5m scrum

all that matters is who put the ball into touch, not who made it dead

First case, correct, it's a bug, it should be advantage over back to the knock on. The second case doesn't seem to be wrong, if you pick up a ball in your ingoal area and run or kick it dead, then it's a 5m scrum to the other team, your option in this case is to ground the ball.

I noticed that, when playing career mode, players bought into your squad after 1st season do not have their stats being added.

E.G.: I adquired Werner Kok on my 2nd season with the Newcastle Falcons, he has scored around 7 tries, and none of them have been added into his stats.

First case, correct, it's a bug, it should be advantage over back to the knock on. The second case doesn't seem to be wrong, if you pick up a ball in your ingoal area and run or kick it dead, then it's a 5m scrum to the other team, your option in this case is to ground the ball.

when the ball goes dead in goal it doesn't matter who made it dead, or whether or not you grounded it
all that matters is who put the ball into in-goal
22.11 Ball dead in in-goal
(a)
When the ball touches the touch-in-goal line or the dead ball line, or touches anything or anyone beyond those lines, the ball becomes dead. If the ball was played into in-goal by the attacking team, a drop-out shall be awarded to the defending team. If the ball was played into in-goal by the defending team, a 5-metre scrum shall be awarded and the attacking team throws in the ball.12
(b)
When a player carrying the ball touches the touch-in-goal line, the dead ball line, or touches the ground beyond those lines, the ball becomes dead. If the ball was carried into in-goal by the attacking team, a drop-out shall be awarded to the defending team. If the ball was carried into in-goal by the defending team, a 5-metre scrum shall be awarded and the attacking team throws in the ball.12
(c)
When a player scores a try or makes a touch down, the ball becomes dead.

here's a link to a rugbyrefs forum discussion on the same topic
http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?18194-Ball-in-goal-kicked-over-dead-ball-line-by-defender

i know from reffing that this is a law often misunderstood by coaches but shouldn't be screwed up in a video game

The law is vague on what happens once it's in-goal, nether the less, you seem to have a point. But not on being screwed up in a video game, not everything can be accomplished and sometimes doing one thing breaks another, the RC series has suffered all along with the different cases on who and how the ball made it's way into touch and obviously hasn't perfected it yet.

Would love to have a discussion about the ran it dead, that seems to conflict with my idea of a deliberate knock the ball but this is not the place.

Last edited:
When you call for a mark in your 22, the ball automatically goes to your kicker!! Should be the guy that caught the ball even if its a forward!!

What i would like to see is some backline moves. Something like EA Sports did with Rugby 08. Would be so much better. If you captain in Be a pro you can call the moves and run your own channel.
The drop goal still puts me off, Would actually like if they could make it a slow movement where the camera angle zoom in on the player and show how he actually drop the ball on the grass before he kicks it and then follow the ball.

Then i only have one question. When you save a team on the fanhub is there any way possible where a person can replace the unlicense team with the one someone created? (on the PS4)

Would appreciate any feedback on this

I noticed that, when playing career mode, players bought into your squad after 1st season do not have their stats being added.

E.G.: I adquired Werner Kok on my 2nd season with the Newcastle Falcons, he has scored around 7 tries, and none of them have been added into his stats.

They had the same issue in the previous RC games, it's unfortunate and one would think it's a pretty simple fix.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea of the fanhub but it's poorly executed to say the least. I wanted to do a career mode with my beloved Western Force using updated rosters, so I went through and got all the rosters downloaded and linked to the correct team to find that any progress I make in career mode (despite saving) doesn't count... It just returns me back to the first trial game... Maybe an official 2016 roster should be released like in RLL3 (should have had this from the start though), hopefully sooner rather then later. I feel like this game is a lil neglected!

On another note, how many times have you seen a cpu kick chaser who is offside by a mile, make the tackle on you and not get penalised... And trying to get kicks going is woeful, you 'prepare your kicker' and press L1 and R1 to pass to your flyhallf and it goes to the wrong player almost every time and then when you do get it right you don't have much time to get out a decent kick.

I think I could list some more things but I won't!

Latest posts