• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PC Version Information

can anyone PLZ tell me if tonderai chavanga is in the game??? if so, just quick stats please!
<

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+Mar 7 2005, 09:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ Mar 7 2005, 09:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 7 2005, 09:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-lazy_chesnut
@Mar 7 2005, 08:00 PM
I have learned a few things from playing this game which people may want to know.

The following only applies to the PC version as far as I know.

If I can think of any more at a later date, I will post them here.

* Dummies are in - hold pass in one direction, then press the other
* PC game controls are really tough to get, especially in defence.  It cannot be changed in the games menus, but I'm sure with a bit of modding.......
* The graphics are great.  The animations look very very smooth.  When I was playing as Leicester, and the players got all muddy, it looked VERY, VERY impressive.
* There does appear to be a slight problem as Lox mentioned with the tackle animations beginning and therefore stopping you from passing.  However, on the flip-side, sometimes you appear to *almost* offload the ball, and this works very well to put players through gaps.
* The way which you control the player who is about to receive the ball when passing works well, as you can cut back on angles.
* Passing inside works really well, and looks great and realistic also
* There are only 4 body shapes in the player editor - added as an afterthought surely.
* You cannot choose the player's kicking foot in the Player Editor.
* The ball moves through the air differently in the PC version to the PS2 version.  There is no "torpedo" goal kicking, the ball rotates backwards like it should.
* Mauls work well - as the maul begins to slow, add another player to get it moving quicker again.
* Maximum screen resolution - 1024x768
* There are adjustable sliders in the in-game options for "knock-ons", "injuries", and "fatigue".
* Olivier Magne got a yellow card in the third match I played for collapsing a maul.
* Ball physics are dodgy.
* If you get tackled as you are just about to pass, you run the risk of knocking the ball on.
* Players with good passing stats lead their runners into gaps well.
* The scrummie does not throw the ball away that often - it's no real problem
* The game runs nice and smoothly on my computer, even though I have not a very good setup - laptop, 2.something GHz, with i think either a 64 Mb gfx card, or 2 32 MB chips.  But the game runs fine.

EDIT: Looking at apost asking about loading times.  I don't even remember waiting for it to load, it's that quick.

Hell that's quite a lot.

Any questions, if asked politely and written in English will be answered if I know the answer.

Cheers.

Tom

Thanks for the overview, good stuff!

In what way is the passing different in the PC version?

Cheers
Did I say that? [/b]
Sorry just when you said the ball moves through the air differently I thought you were talking about the passing - but I can see now it was the kicks you were referring to
<

Lazy can you tell me how you got hold of a copy of this game, as I can't seem to get one until the 18th?

Thanks

Does the pc version have a jump button and is it effective at all for high balls. Is kicking as bad as first thought, does it travel a reasonable distance and can you recover up and unders and grubbers, can you kick a ball on the ground from a grubber like you could in rugby 2001???
Thanks

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 7 2005, 08:00 PM
I have learned a few things from playing this game which people may want to know.

The following only applies to the PC version as far as I know.

If I can think of any more at a later date, I will post them here.

* Dummies are in - hold pass in one direction, then press the other
* PC game controls are really tough to get, especially in defence. It cannot be changed in the games menus, but I'm sure with a bit of modding.......
* The graphics are great. The animations look very very smooth. When I was playing as Leicester, and the players got all muddy, it looked VERY, VERY impressive.
* There does appear to be a slight problem as Lox mentioned with the tackle animations beginning and therefore stopping you from passing. However, on the flip-side, sometimes you appear to *almost* offload the ball, and this works very well to put players through gaps.
* The way which you control the player who is about to receive the ball when passing works well, as you can cut back on angles.
* Passing inside works really well, and looks great and realistic also
* There are only 4 body shapes in the player editor - added as an afterthought surely.
* You cannot choose the player's kicking foot in the Player Editor.
* The ball moves through the air differently in the PC version to the PS2 version. There is no "torpedo" goal kicking, the ball rotates backwards like it should.
* Mauls work well - as the maul begins to slow, add another player to get it moving quicker again.
* Maximum screen resolution - 1024x768
* There are adjustable sliders in the in-game options for "knock-ons", "injuries", and "fatigue".
* Olivier Magne got a yellow card in the third match I played for collapsing a maul.
* If you get tackled as you are just about to pass, you run the risk of knocking the ball on.
* Players with good passing stats lead their runners into gaps well.
* The scrummie does not throw the ball away that often - it's no real problem
* The game runs nice and smoothly on my computer, even though I have not a very good setup - laptop, 2.something GHz, with i think either a 64 Mb gfx card, or 2 32 MB chips. But the game runs fine.

EDIT: Looking at apost asking about loading times. I don't even remember waiting for it to load, it's that quick.

Hell that's quite a lot.

Any questions, if asked politely and written in English will be answered if I know the answer.

Cheers.

Tom
Thanks Lazy...sorry doesn't seem right calling you Lazy, you've done loads of work!

What are your thoughts about the AI's defence? Do you have to mix up your attack to make gaps, or is there an easy route you can exploit every time?

Cheers
<

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 7 2005, 08:00 PM
Ain't they just?

That's the one annoying thing I've seen about the game so far. I know the rugby ball can often bounce off at different angles due to its shape, which often makes a game of rugby more interesting, however the way it bounces in some of those clips is just ridiculous!

BOKean, how are you so good at madden2005 considering without the keyboard you can't use the hitstick or playermaker features???? That's some achievement!

Latest posts