• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Perpignan v Leicester

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Perpignan.png
Leicester.png

Perpignan v Leicester</div>

So never mind that there was quite the battle up front between these 2 sides and even more of a battle with the scrums as Leicester first made mincemeat of Perpignan's offerings only to have a slight bit of revenge as they secured the penalty try at the death. Never mind all that, never mind the cracking tries we saw as this week we finally have the arrival of the mighty Dan Carter.

In fairness it's all a bit late for Perpignan as their chances of qualifying are all but gone, but now he's done faffing about in Milan with Kaka et al he's in Perpignan and ready to finally play some rugby.

Not that it should matter a tin of beans, Leicester still have plenty of nouse and savvy about them and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take control of this group and come away with the win.

Carter's starting against Leicester then?
Like An_Tarbh said it's all too little too late for perpignan, but let's see how well he performs for a team that doesn't constantly have a pack on the go-forward.

What a great game to round the weekend off with B)

I'm expecting (hoping for) a brutal encounter with Carter finding the going a lot harder when you don't play for the best team around.

Or tomorrow... :p
I pray Leicester lose without the BP, so it helps us out and I can ring the missus to wind her up bigtime :D *Crosses fingers*

Tomorrow I'll be there :D
My club has a deal with USAP for collaborating...
Some of our boys will be ball-boy there.
Of course I'll try to take a Dan Carter's autograph ;)

I'm not really sure that Carter will be awesome, it's his first game with USAP, don't speak any word of french, don't know one of his teammates. :/

I'm honestly not convinced by this experiment. It would have only worked if he was given the chance to go to Perpignan from September onwards. Currently, from how he has arrived to his comments in the match build up, I'm not convinced that he's really taking this all seriously.

Perpignan, heck, Catalan society period is intensely passionate and they take their rugby incredibly seriously, and easily as seriously as anywhere in the SH. While I could be wrong and he could rescue this abortive campaign, he does look like he's just taking all of this for granted and I suspect that he isn't really taking this seriously.

I think 80 minutes of being run over by the Leicester pack as well as being beaten black and blue in the Top 14 week in week out may well buck up his ideas...

Just imagine how painful the meeja will be if Flood gets the better of Carter though... doesn't bare thinking of...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Dec 14 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm honestly not convinced by this experiment. It would have only worked if he was given the chance to go to Perpignan from September onwards. Currently, from how he has arrived to his comments in the match build up, I'm not convinced that he's really taking this all seriously.

Perpignan, heck, Catalan society period is intensely passionate and they take their rugby incredibly seriously, and easily as seriously as anywhere in the SH. While I could be wrong and he could rescue this abortive campaign, he does look like he's just taking all of this for granted and I suspect that he isn't really taking this seriously.

I think 80 minutes of being run over by the Leicester pack as well as being beaten black and blue in the Top 14 week in week out may well buck up his ideas...[/b]

I didn't know how to say what was wrong with Carter, that's exactly what you say!
But I think it still gonna be great to see him here with top level players and teams :)

Well perpignan are playing really well without half of their backs so he may just be the player that makes them click...

There's a part of me that wants to see Leicester getting pumpled (and why wouldn't you want that?!) but it would make my day if Carter is thumped about all over the field.
There's something so appealing about seeing someone get knocked off their pedastal.

Hope Leicester win... Just so Carter gets little to no taste of H-Cup experience. Farting about in Milan last week rather than training with his team may have cost them the match.
In other news, 0 - 3 Leicester.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 14 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hope Leicester win... Just so Carter gets little to no taste of H-Cup experience. Farting about in Milan last week rather than training with his team may have cost them the match.
In other news, 0 - 3 Leicester.[/b]

so it doesn't matter then either way if they win cause they won't qualify

Meh, then I hope they win so the Ospreys can't qualify. :D
Carter the epitomy of composure to take his first points for Perpignan. 3 - 3
Gerrie Britz on hand to score that try after some feeble Pussycat defending...
Nice offloading play though. Carter with the extras 10 - 3.

I don't know about any other member on here, but i support all clubs from my country when in europe.
I always want the welsh region to win. There's more chance of the welsh regions being more successful in the cup then.
We've only got 4 teams with a bad history as it is, we need all the help we can get.

Charge down try for Britz - his second. If Flood didn't pussy out of attempting to regather the ball there.... Ah well. Carter makes it 23 - 10

It's gonna be hard for Perpignan to bring the "so much important" bonus point tonight.

Bonus points is a big issue for us, frenchies. :(

edit: it's gonna be really hard actually..

Latest posts