• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Piri Weepu to join Blues

Oh boy, if Auckland keeps on pulling those Canes and possibly SBW ( please let him come to the Chiefs) I reckon it will be an interesting battle between the Crusaders and the Blues next year as it will be AB's 1 vs AB's 2

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Doesn't make much sense for the Blues to sign Weepu when they have Mathewson. I'd be gutted for Mathewson if he moves to the Blues, considering he left Wellington and the Hurricanes so he would not be second fiddle to Weepu. If this is true, I predict a pretty terrible season for the Hurricanes.

Well the New Zealand commentary team mentioned it this morning during the game, so I'm guessing even it isn't 100% confirmed, it's pretty much sewn up.

Sonny bill should go blues, pretty good combo with himself nd nonu, and ranger out n da wing with toeva at 15, mattewson at half back nd weepu at first five ..

Well its move over Stephen Brett, isnt it. Im wrapped we got Weepu, I hope he stays at 10 throughout for us.

Is it not a problem for Auckland rugby that they have to gt players like Weepu and Nonu? I mean, they are obviously going to do far better than us next year but surely with their population they should not need to take Wellington's players?

Is it not a problem for Auckland rugby that they have to gt players like Weepu and Nonu? I mean, they are obviously going to do far better than us next year but surely with their population they should not need to take Wellington's players?

Yeah you're right, we got heaps of people out there on the paddock playing Rugby in Auckland every Saturday and I mean heaps. We got players no doubt but when guys like Ma'a and Piri stand in the bunch for you to pick the Blues from, they'd be one of your first 15 selections.

To answer your question, we have no control over what Ma'a or Piri does. If they come to us, they come to us, we cant just take them. We just opened the door and there was Ma'a and Piri in the cold and we said..'hell come on in'.

Mathewson's welcome to come back to the Hurricanes if he wants, we'd love to have him back...:p

What a dick Weepu. Apparently he's just going to the Blues cause Nonu's headed there. Does he not remember Matthewson moved over to get away from him in the first place?

Nothing has been confirmed yet. Doesn't make much sense for the Blues to sign Weepu when they have Mathewson. I'd be gutted for Mathewson if he moves to the Blues, considering he left Wellington and the Hurricanes so he would not be second fiddle to Weepu. If this is true, I predict a pretty terrible season for the Hurricanes.

The Hurricanes head all but confirmed it.

I hope this finally shuts up those people who took the Donald movement for a fact.

Think i'm going to change to a blues supporter next season.
Hurricanes new coach sucks, all our players are leaving and the blues squad is starting to look like it'll have a hurricanes backline anyway :)
Definately exciting times ahead for the blues.

I'm sticking with the Hurricanes. Just hope they resign Hosea Gear and Cory Jane. Even if they don't, I'll continue supporting them. I'm giving Hammett two seasons to get the Hurricanes a spot in the semi-finals though, as it seems pretty clear he has butchered relationships with all current international and senior players. No Schwalger, Hore, Tialata, Weepu, Cruden, Nonu. Looking like Cory Jane is getting ready to leave, and Hosea Gear still hasn't signed a new contract with the Hurricanes...On top of that, Conrad Smith is off of his contract next year. I am not at all happy.

Like many have said Matthewson must be ******.

Why on earth would you switch allegiances. You're meant to stick with your team through thick and thin.

Every team has it's up and downs. Leaving all the senior players out will create some opportunities to attract promising youngsters and build something for the future.

Every team has it's up and downs. Leaving all the senior players out will create some opportunities to attract promising youngsters and build something for the future.

Unfortunetly they are building from scratch...with low quality materials. I could understand it if the Hurricanes had attracted and kept players within their recruitment provinces. Adam Whitelock, Luke Whitelock, Sam Whitelock, Robert Fruean, Zac Guildford (meh), Israel Dagg etc, etc. All of our depth has been lost to other provinces, and now all of our top players are also going. We're pretty much going to be the Connacht of New Zealand.

Why on earth would you switch allegiances. You're meant to stick with your team through thick and thin.

Prefessional athletes. Have been at the same employer your whole working life? It is a job nothing more, nothing less.

While we fans think different, the "workers" must look at "employers" that give them the best chance of attaining what it is they want out of their professional life, be it: financial security, good working env't, etc.

Latest posts