• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pitch invasion

R

RoyalBlueStuey

charltonpitchinvader1.jpg

charltonpitchinvader2.jpg

charltonpitchinvader3.jpg

Eddie Kavanagh, God rest your soul, your legacy is alive and well mate.

What a lovely guy (the goalie that is)
[/b]

We'd just scored a winner in the 90th minute and as soon as the final whistle went the little lad ran all the way from the other end of the ground to join his heroes. :)

Mind you if we are docked points by the FA for failing to control our fans I hope the little bugger gets banned for life ;)

Well he should be charged by the police as it is a criminal offence to go on the pitch of a premiership ground...

Well he should be charged by the police as it is a criminal offence to go on the pitch of a premiership ground...
[/b]

All things considered there are a lot worse things to do at a footy match :

beautsatreadingds6.jpg

I am just saying most grounds have a sign saying its a criminal offence to enter onto the pitch...

His Chav Parents must be so proud of him...

chav3.jpg

We have a sign expressly forbidding people to go onto the field....however a little known by-law negates the rule when you are a little star-struck kid and your hero has just done this :

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJOUKzgrBUM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJOUKzgrBUM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Eddie Cavanagh would be looking down and smiling

eddie.jpg

SB

Well then Your Stewards aren't in control then, therefore the club should be punished...

Well then Your Stewards aren't in control then, therefore the club should be punished...
[/b]

Nah, she'll be 'right.

It's a pretty po-faced game if we can't raise a smile at this.

There was a chap who ran onto the pitch in the Champions League semi at Anfield the other year...what should we do about that?

Ban Him from every professional stadium in the country...

No Place for it in the sport...

It damages clubs reputation...

I would love to go on the pitch at anfield but I never would unless openly invited to...

Ban Him from every professional stadium in the country...

No Place for it in the sport...

It damages clubs reputation...

I would love to go on the pitch at anfield but I never would unless openly invited to...
[/b]

Jeez...y'miserable bugger. It's meant to be fun y'know. As long as it's a one off and it's in the right spirit (which it difinitely was) who are we to deny the happy little blighter his dream moment?

SB

If one can get away with it, Others will want to follow it...

Would you really want to receive a fine or points deducted because of some little brat, running on the pitch?

Tim Howard should sue, that hug could have caused serious kidney damage, possibly even lacerated abdominal muscles.

And I think Everton should be relegated for breeding hooliganism in today's youth.

We're not taking this thread seriously, right?

I am, I am afraid...

I believe you allow one to get away with it, others will try causing trouble for the stewards at the grounds...

It is the law that you are not allowed on the pitch, and they should be punished and made an example off...

I can see where your coming from but I am thinking the bigger picture in the long run...

I am, I am afraid...

I believe you allow one to get away with it, others will try causing trouble for the stewards at the grounds...

It is the law that you are not allowed on the pitch, and they should be punished and made an example off...

I can see where your coming from but I am thinking the bigger picture in the long run...
[/b]

Sorry charlie but unlike your frontal lobe this young boys isn't fully developed therefor his reasoning and planning are not as developed as yours.

Great thing to do for Tim Howard giving the little boy a hug, im proud of him for that, aye, arrogant americans right?

I am saying that he should be punished for it....

So your saying its ok for six year old kids to go out and break the law...

His parents/Guardian should also be punished...

I am, I am afraid...

[/b]

Thats just stupid! Are you saying that because that little kid managed to get onto a pitch and meet his heroes, that now every other fan is going to want to do the same! Your going to have 27 year olds hugging the golie like that! :bana: I think mate, when you get a bit older you realise right from wrong. Sure he is about 7? he dosnt know exactly what he's thinking only that he is probably the most famous kid in England at that time and got to meet his heroes and walked accross a premiership pitch and hugged a golie and got to look like the bad boy infront of all the girls and...

:wah: i want to be 7 again :wall:

Well its about learning right and wrong... If you dont punish them when they are young then you don't learn the difference between right and wrong...

He wouldn't of been at the game on his own, so why didn't whoever take him to the game stop him...

I am not having a go at the kid, cos he didn't know the laws, I am having a go at the guardian at the game and the stewards...

But saying the kid needs to learn the difference between right and wrong

haha you brits and your ridiculous rules

dont go on the pitch you might hurt the grass!!!

i feel if you beat your rival, you party with your boys!

1012unmatted.jpg

(after ohio state beat michigan)

thats how its done!

Same in Ireland mate, even one of the most famous stadiums in the world lets people run all over it.. croke Park..

Latest posts