• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Play offs to remain in place 2015/16

'Morning.

Do we know what the playoffs dates are? I seem to remember that they were posted throughout the season last year but I can't find them anywhere this year.

OK - found them in the printed Bristol match programme.:rolleyes:

Strange, they were in there yet couldn't find them anywhere online - not even in the Bristol Rugby fixtures list on the website. :blink:

For info:

Semi final first leg - 30/04
Semi final second leg - 07/05

Final first leg - 18/05
Final second leg - 25/05

Sky sports cover very little of the Championship season yet have the power to decide when the finals will be played. Yet again that will be on the Wednesday evenings.
Well thanks Sky sports I'm sure many fans from clubs that reach the finals will find that very helpfull. Selfish idiots!!!!
Top four as it stands Bristol, Doncaster Bedford, Yorkshire Carnegie..
If Bristol /
Bedford make the finals thats a 124 mile dash to the match after work and thats the shortest..
Doncaster 183 mile sprint about 3 hours drive time.
Yorkshire (Leeds ?) 207 miles 3 1/2 hours
Guess its either a day off work or find a pub showing the away leg.
This is yet another reason why I hate Sky No thought what so ever for the fans of any sport or club..

I actually don't mind midweek games, gives them a big-match feel. Although I could do without the whole day with the nerves.

Wish I could say the same. I Like so many will have to take a night or two off work (if I can) either that or miss the game. That in my opinion is not fair on the fans of any club and not just rugby.

The two legged final are both midweek!!

Doncaster v (probably) Bristol on 18th and 25th......

Going to try and get to the Bristol one although 90 minute drive away!!

When did TV ever care about the fans since they got control? Fancy turning out for a 21.00 kick off on. Friday or Saturday night in the middle of winter? Canal + do that to the Frech supporters regularly!!

Last edited:
I know it's inevitable but doesn't mean I have to like it!
Wade already beat Steve Hanley's record for quickest player to get 50 tries (beat him by one game, I believe)

On topic:
I like the playoffs, adds some excitement to the end of the season. That's as an outsider, though - the uncertainty, and not being able to recruit until very late, are crap for the promoted side.

So here we go again.

Over the 2 legs on the whole I'm happy, we looked dangerous with the ball in both games. You could argue that the game was won in both cases but I'd argue that previous seasons Bristol wouldnt have capitalised. I am a bit concerned with the defence but thats a standing concern and again, its better than it has been in previous years. I am not happy though with Sky and who they get to cover the games. Its fairly obvious that both Morris and Sanderson don't like us and arent afraid to criticise us at any chance and it just ruins the experience of watching it when the people who are describing the game seem to relish the thought of us losing. (I'm not expecting everyone to like us btw. Im not that fragile)

Bring on Donny

Your criticism of Morris is valid but it is not personal as he criticizes everyone!

My best advice is ignore him as he is incompetent and should not be on air!!

Sanderson is usually pretty good and must admit did not really hear the bias you felt?

Bristol were well worth the overall win but, as you say, the defence is an extreme worry for the final never mind against APL sides next season!

It always makes me smile reading posts from people who always seem to want to see Bristol to fail Perhaps there are some very sad people out there or maybe they are frightened of the coming competition? Yes we have been through the meat grinder many many times over the years But come Wednesday in front of 16,500+ fans at Ashton gate we hope the years of pain will be gone for good and I for one will enjoy having a pint or many with the good folks from Worcester, Gloucester, Bath and Exeter etc many of which have wished us well.

It always makes me smile reading posts from people who always seem to want to see Bristol to fail Perhaps there are some very sad people out there or maybe they are frightened of the coming competition? Yes we have been through the meat grinder many many times over the years But come Wednesday in front of 16,500+ fans at Ashton gate we hope the years of pain will be gone for good and I for one will enjoy having a pint or many with the good folks from Worcester, Gloucester, Bath and Exeter etc many of which have wished us well.
In my case it isn't that I want you to fail at all I just like seeing teams play that I haven't seen before, I've seen Briz play plenty of times but I have never seen Doncaster play so the potential of seeing them excites me. But it doesn't matter now as I think you're almost certainly up already (the 6 teams that have won the first leg have all gone up) and rightly so, I'm sure we can all agree it's about bloody time.

I just like seeing teams play that I haven't seen before.
Ha ha you need to be relegated to the Championship just for one season, you would hate the thought but weekends away to places like Penzance on a cold wet winters are great a pint or two in the clubhouse before retireing to the Admiral Benbow or the Turks head for the evening and thats just one club. Sadly Plymouth Albion have dropped out but that was another fantastic weekender.

That would be a silver lining to relegation, but for now I'll just stick to seeing the French and Pro 12 teams I haven't seen before

It always makes me smile reading posts from people with a persecution complex, desperate to find hostility when there has been none! I really can't see a single bit of anti-Bristol sentiment in this thread, what am I missing?

At a time when everyone is talking about Leicester City's triumph and watching a film about Eddie Edwards, it's hardly surprising that many are pulling for the underdog, it's an English trait.

It always makes me smile reading posts from people with a persecution complex, desperate to find hostility when there has been none! I really can't see a single bit of anti-Bristol sentiment in this thread, what am I missing?

At a time when everyone is talking about Leicester City's triumph and watching a film about Eddie Edwards, it's hardly surprising that many are pulling for the underdog, it's an English trait.

No iv not got any form of persecution complex Old I may be but not daft enough to think the whole world is against us. its the same for every club some people like you some don't. For some its enough to see a club succeed that turns them against it its easy for them to forget the bad times that club has gone through to get there. Hope this clears things up Now stop picking on me and leave me alone!!! :D

Latest posts