• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Play Rugby, Tackle Cancer

M

munrothirlwall

My name is John Thirlwall Munro and I have been working on establishing a Cancer Research UK over 35’s Rugby team. I have now entered the team, The Crusaders†into the Golden Oldies Tournament in Edinburg this coming September.

http://www.goldenoldiessports.com/go_festi...festival_08.htm

If you have never attended one of these events, then your rugby life has never been complete and if you have never supported such a great charity then your heart has never been happier.

We still have openings for players , alicadoos, supporters and sponsors to join the team. The benefit is that you can manage your own travel and accommodation plans and join the team under a “local team†conditions â€" a much reduced price for sure. The fee to join the team is 120 pounds and that will include full entry into the tournament, opening and closing events, 3 days of Rugby and full kit, shirt, shorts, socks with some extra goodies provided by our sponsors.

This is an event to raise awareness, and maybe some funds, for Cancer Research UK at the same time playing a sport we a love and making some lifelong friends.

We are being fully supported by the Golden Oldies Organization and have players from around the world who have joined the team. You are also welcome to join â€" for more info contact myself [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected].

Play Rugby, Tackle Cancer

John

Hi All,

Thanks for the emails, so to answer some of the many basic questions.

The dates are September 1st to September 8th, In Edinburgh, the games are played on the 2nd, 4th and 6th with "excursions" planned in between.

We have an Americam sponsor who has designed a chartiy Kilt for the team to wear on the opening parade down Princess Street, we have our own personally designed kit which I can send you an attachment of, I dont know how to put it on here!

It is a Vet's tournament so only over 35's can play, but can be any age/sex to join the team in any other role.

The plan for the "Crusaders" following this event is to tour as a charity team and visit clubs the length and breadth of wherever we are invited, we do have some professionals who will be part of the squad, which helps lift both the profile of our team, the sport and of course the charity.

Unlike any other touring club we cant specifically fundraise for ourselves, as that is what we do on a daily basis for the charity, so we wont detract from that, however that doesnt stop sponsors in ensuring we can attend these type functions and us all get the best possible coverage from them.

We are also putting together a brochure of anyone who wants to sponsor us, team and tournament info and it will include some very sad but uplifting stories of where cancer has touched the lives of ruggers the world over, you are all invited to do the same.

If anyone in anyway can help the "Crusaders" in reaching out through Rugby, GET IN TOUCH

Kind Regards

John

hELLO sCIENTISTS, THAT'S GREAT TO HEAR THAT SUCH A GREAT PLAY ADDS MORE STRENGHT TO HUMAN HEALTH, EVEN AT THE CELLULAR LEVEL
AS I ALWAYS SAY
RUGBY 4 EVER :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

This sounded like a really good cause, does anyone know how it went?
Was it a success?

f***ing good cause right here how did it turn out?

i had a biopsy on my neck no more then 2 weeks ago and it wasnt a very pleasent experience. so i know it f***ing sucks hearing it but any little thing someone could do would be greatly appreciated

Great cause!

This season for one game our club wore a pink playing strip to support Breast Cancer. In 6 hours we raised a shade over $10 000.

Sport is a terrific way to raise money because something is being done that all there enjoy, rather than just randomly buying raffle tickets and whatnot.

Latest posts