• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player shaped tackle bag/dummy

awaldo

Academy Player
Hello,
We are thinking of making a rugby tackle bag that is in the shape of a player. It would be able to stand upright by itself. Our question is, would you be interested in this product, and what specifications, such as height and weight would be best.
It would look similar to the attached image, with differences to make it more suitable for rugby training purposes.

rugby_dummy_image.jpg

Thanks.

Principal point would be that that would be an illegal tackle every day of the week now.
Players shouldn't be seeing upright tackles, so shouldn't want to be training with mock upright tackles.

Now, how you can make a tackle bag that bends at the waist, and stands up on its own is beyond me.

Principal point would be that that would be an illegal tackle every day of the week now.
Players shouldn't be seeing upright tackles, so shouldn't want to be training with mock upright tackles.

Now, how you can make a tackle bag that bends at the waist, and stands up on its own is beyond me.
But the tackle bag is upright not the tackler?

Ball carriers nearly always dip, so the tackle bag needs to be dipped into a realistic position of they were carrying the ball.

My thoughts/ questions:

Could you make the bag moveable into different shapes or heights but also soft enough to hit and hard enough to stand up on its own?

A tackle bag that you could change the height on would be good but we rarely use big tackle bags in training (usually shields or just full bosh).

This would be very useful though if you could move it, get it to hold a ball and then practise things like two man/ double tackles on it.

Ball carriers nearly always dip, so the tackle bag needs to be dipped into a realistic position of they were carrying the ball.

My thoughts/ questions:

Could you make the bag moveable into different shapes or heights but also soft enough to hit and hard enough to stand up on its own?

A tackle bag that you could change the height on would be good but we rarely use big tackle bags in training (usually shields or just full bosh).

This would be very useful though if you could move it, get it to hold a ball and then practise things like two man/ double tackles on it.
Holding ball would also be useful to practice jackal post tackle. If it could keep hold of the ball after the tackle.

My thoughts/ questions:

Hello, would you mind answering this short questionnaire on our hypothetical product? Thanks.

Last edited:

Hello, would you mind answering this short questionnaire on our hypothetical product? Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts