• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Played It

L

lazy_chesnut

Guest
I have played the game for a limited time.

I'm not good enough at it yet to make it count and haven't found a controller cofiguration that I'm happy with. I'll probably set it to be like R2005 in the end!

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them (if I can), and I will be writing some sort of review I would imagine.

First impressions are that it is pretty good, but maybe a little easy to keep the ball. Some of the turnovers are great though, as you see 3 opposition players against your one, and you know you're in trouble.
 
L

lazy_chesnut

Guest
One thing, for anyone who reads this.

You may well know that I have a website with various downloads for Rugby 2005 (as shown in my signature with my over-Photoshopped logo). Well, I am planning to update this with downloads for RC06 and Rugby 2006.

Basically, I need an affiliate. I don't get much time these days as I work, and play rugby pretty much all weekend. I want someone to help with the site. If anyone can be arsed, PM me.

By the way, this game is FUN.


EDIT: There are some really well-done parts to this game.

For example, forwards busting through tackles. Sometimes, you give the ball to a forward and run straight and will get tackled and stopped. Other times, you will half-break the tackle and get slowed down but still get through and maybe get away, but more often than not get smashed by the next defender. And finally, you can sometimes get right through.

Oh yeah, and you can get tackled and offload. Brilliant!
 
B

bman2112

Guest
What the computer AI like? Do they do anything that makes you curse out loud as they completely fool you and score a brilliant try - a la Pro Evo.
 
K

knowsleyroader

Guest
Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 3 2006, 12:39 AM
One thing, for anyone who reads this.

You may well know that I have a website with various downloads for Rugby 2005 (as shown in my signature with my over-Photoshopped logo). Well, I am planning to update this with downloads for RC06 and Rugby 2006.

Basically, I need an affiliate. I don't get much time these days as I work, and play rugby pretty much all weekend. I want someone to help with the site. If anyone can be arsed, PM me.

By the way, this game is FUN.


EDIT: There are some really well-done parts to this game.

For example, forwards busting through tackles. Sometimes, you give the ball to a forward and run straight and will get tackled and stopped. Other times, you will half-break the tackle and get slowed down but still get through and maybe get away, but more often than not get smashed by the next defender. And finally, you can sometimes get right through.

Oh yeah, and you can get tackled and offload. Brilliant!
It gets better the more you play it m8, so it bodes well you pretty much like it straight out of the box. Im liking it more and more. Cant wait for you to do a player editor. Would you be able to edit things like height, weight etc so the players are similar to who you change them to or would you be stuck with the on screen representation ? I.e if you changed a prop to a half, would he still look like a prop ?
 
T

toup

Guest
Originally posted by Bud@Feb 2 2006, 01:52 PM
How good are Leicester?
Off the top of my head I think they are the best team in the GP... they're rated well anyway...
 
B

bman2112

Guest
Originally posted by bman2112@Feb 3 2006, 01:00 AM
What the computer AI like? Do they do anything that makes you curse out loud as they completely fool you and score a brilliant try - a la Pro Evo.
Toup?
 
T

toup

Guest
Originally posted by bman2112+Feb 2 2006, 02:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bman2112 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-bman2112
@Feb 3 2006, 01:00 AM
What the computer AI like?  Do they do anything that makes you curse out loud as they completely fool you and score a brilliant try - a la Pro Evo.
Toup? [/b]
Well this is no Pro Evo... but then that's hardly a fair mark for anyone to have to step up to. To be brutally honest, I am yet to have the AI do anything breathtakingly exciting, but it is capable of exploiting gaps if they are there, and defensively it's pretty sound. I have said all along that this one is definately going to be more fun with your mates and a few beers... the AI is adequate but nothing more. That said, I am still finding this game a lot of fun single player, altohugh only really had 3 or 4 nights of serious play...
 
B

Bud

Guest
Originally posted by toup@Feb 3 2006, 02:04 AM
Off the top of my head I think they are the best team in the GP... they're rated well anyway...
Hooray!
<
 
C

Coco

Guest
Originally posted by toup+Feb 2 2006, 02:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Feb 2 2006, 02:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Bud
@Feb 2 2006, 01:52 PM
How good are Leicester?
Off the top of my head I think they are the best team in the GP... they're rated well anyway... [/b]
Yep, definately makes sense, Leicester rule!!!
<


Coco
 
E

edinburgh_gunner

Guest
Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Feb 2 2006, 12:39 PM
You may well know that I have a website with various downloads for Rugby 2005 (as shown in my signature with my over-Photoshopped logo). Well, I am planning to update this with downloads for RC06 and Rugby 2006.
I'd be more than happy to make kits once we get this .bag file open.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Originally posted by Bud@Feb 3 2006, 01:52 AM
How good are Leicester?
I'm playing a GP season with Sale Sharks and I was doing well, until Leicester came to town. I got absolutely battered, 45-5 I think it finished.
 
Top