• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

players of next seasons GP

Originally posted by Geoff@Jul 11 2005, 03:39 PM
Sarries_fan, is Canadian scrum-half Morgan Williams still with Saracens? I think that he was second string last season and I was wondering if he was sticking with Saracens or if he was going elsewhere.
I think Morgan Williams joined the Stade Français where Mike James plays too. He used to play for Paris three years ago as far as I remember.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Jul 12 2005, 03:18 PM
problem is getting Stade to release him

but why does Stade need Morgan they already have Pichot and why would Morgan want to go there were he will most likely end up being a third stringer. he has an extremely high workout and I think he could be great given the proper amount of game time.
Canadian Rugger, with the Top14, the H-cup and the international tests the players of the Stade have many matches to play (e.g. Rémy Martin played 42 matches last season) so the Stade Français needs to fill the 33 positions with quality players in order to face resting time and injuries.

good point DonBilly
<

Originally posted by DonBilly+Jul 12 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Jul 12 2005, 10:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Jul 12 2005, 03:18 PM
problem is getting Stade to release him

but why does Stade need Morgan they already have Pichot and why would Morgan want to go there were he will most likely end up being a third stringer.  he has an extremely high workout and I think he could be great given the proper amount of game time.
Canadian Rugger, with the Top14, the H-cup and the international tests the players of the Stade have many matches to play (e.g. Rémy Martin played 42 matches last season) so the Stade Français needs to fill the 33 positions with quality players in order to face resting time and injuries. [/b]
It could always mean Pichot is leaving for "home" (aka Bristol). I hope so, although we do have a decent scrum-half in Shaun Perry.

Martin Corry, Harry Ellis and Ollie Smith for Leicester.

Will be v. interesting to see how Spencer plays at Northampton. Whatever he does, he's likely to be entertaining.

JSD is due a return to his best at Gloucester.

Voyce, Lewsey and Erinle for Wasps.

Latest posts