• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool C - General discussion

Italy weren't able to play their first selection backline in the 6N due to multiple injuries. But their game against Scotland ended up tight enough even though 21 points were gifted to them in 7 mins (still shocking to think of it - and at Murrayfield :eek: ). If Italy line out with their best 22 players I'd go for them - but Scotland will be canny.

[/b]

you think its bad? I paid to watch that! :(

And i also paid to see Parks prove he is as good as Godman 2 weeks later by doing the same thing against Ireland!

In seriousnes though, it's perhaps a good thing we lost to Italy in the 6N, as we certainly wont underestimate them in France.

Scotland v All Blacks could be a hard game, remember we beat France under similar circumstances (tournament favourites) at Murrayfield last year. AB will still walk it though! :(

riders of the storm - when was that picture in your sig taken? was it the WC match in 2003 we should have won? ;)

bit of an easy group for the all blacks aint it, no real contenders, unlike for france and england, who have angentina ad ireland or samoa and sa respectivly

im Scottish, and i am seriously worried aobut the Italy game, but if we dont make the QFs, at least we might finally get rid of Hadden; whereas if he reaches the QFs he'll probibly be kept...

All blacks will stroll thru this pool no problems puting at least 50 points on all the teams and italy will beat scotland to take 2nd place

Bergamasco at centre is a disaster - came on for Stade Francais the other day and let Leicester breeze through for a try in a really tight game.

Italy weren't able to play their first selection backline in the 6N due to multiple injuries. But their game against Scotland ended up tight enough even though 21 points were gifted to them in 7 mins (still shocking to think of it - and at Murrayfield :eek: ). If Italy line out with their best 22 players I'd go for them - but Scotland will be canny.

As for the rest, Italy front row v AB frontrow should be interesting. And Italy should give the AB maul ominous problems - if they don't, then the ABs are favourites for the tournament by a mile.

Chris Jack has a knee injury - serious?
[/b]
nz front row is the best in the world when did italy's front row get good? Scotland played possibly their worst game ever to lose to italy i not sure that too much should be taken from it . B)

nz front row is the best in the world when did italy's front row get good?[/b]

What do you mean "when did Italy's front row get good?"?

Italy's strongest facet has been their scrum for years now. They aren't necessarily the best in the world, but you're going to get a huge shock if you don't rate them in that area.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Shhh ... let AB fans find out for themselves.

this should be an interesting group, Scotland v Italy will be to close to call. Would be nice to see the italians in the final rounds though

<div class='quotemain'>

Italy's strongest facet has been their scrum for years now. They aren't necessarily the best in the world, but you're going to get a huge shock if you don't rate them in that area.
[/b][/quote]

especially with such destructive props such as castro giovanni, by the way is he fit for wc?

The match between Italy and Scotland will be watched with interest. I hate to be the bad guy, but I think Scotland will make the quarterfinals and beat Italy in a very tight match.
[/b]

I don't think you're the bad guy. B)

The 6 nations match at Murrayfield was just odd. I still think that Scotland are better than Italy... Or at least... I hope so...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
Shhh ... let AB fans find out for themselves.
[/b][/quote]
Find out what, that the Italians are just another in a long line of hyped up front rows who are apparently going to dish it to Haymen?

New Zealand should coast through this pool. The match between Italy and Scotland will be watched with interest. I hate to be the bad guy, but I think Scotland will make the quarterfinals and beat Italy in a very tight match. [/b]

Well I agree with you about the result between Scotland and Italy, but clearly I'm bias on that point being a Scot myself.

I do feel that New Zealand will coast through the group, though I would hope that either Scotland or Italy might give them a game. If it is to be Scotland though who finally find a bit of form then I'll be there as I got my Scotland v NZ tickets delivered the other day. :cheers:

Well I am not going to be so confident and say we will beat Scotland. We can beat them, but whether we will, I am unsure, but we will see... I like our team with the first choice wings back in, we will see how it goes.

Argentina beat us 24-6 but we had basically a reserve team on the field, it was a good test for them. Tomorrow our 'A' team faces Romania aswell.

Tomorrow our 'A' team faces Romania aswell. [/b]
<div align="center">Romania 19 – 8 Italia A

</div>Well, they weren't so bad, although we were missing some of our best players (Petru Balan, Tonita, Socol).
Look forward to the World Cup clash - we may give you a run for your money :)
<div align="center">
</div>

NZ WILL get to the quarter finals with no problems at all, anyone seen the test matches? i was at the stadium and watched france get their asses owned to death, the only person who stood out was caveman 8.

Even with Umaga gone Dan Carter, Richie Mccaw and my favourite Keven Mealamu will lead New Zealand to the World Cup finals :)

any1 know how much the tickets are for the sco v nz game at murrayfield? [/b]

447 Euros for 2 in the second best category - i recieved 2 today i didnt order or pay for! 8)

any guys in edinburgh missing 2 tickets?

Latest posts