• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pool of death?

P

paco1

Bad name for a group that will produce some of the best level in the world cup with great palyers and yet one of the teams will have to go home.

Sadly, 3 of the best teams play in this pool and only 2 will be qualified to play All Blacks into the 1/4. It's a form of injustice when you see Italy and Scotland will fight behind the Blacks for the 2nd place.

Again Argies could miss out on the quarters as a result of not being in the 6N or 3N. This really must be addressed before 2011.

Again Argies could miss out on the quarters as a result of not being in the 6N or 3N. This really must be addressed before 2011.

[/b]

I don't follow, what has not being in the 6N or 3N got to do with the Argies missing out on the quarter finals? Are you suggesting a lack of top level rugby as a team is holding them back?

<div class='quotemain'> Again Argies could miss out on the quarters as a result of not being in the 6N or 3N. This really must be addressed before 2011.

[/b]

I don't follow, what has not being in the 6N or 3N got to do with the Argies missing out on the quarter finals? Are you suggesting a lack of top level rugby as a team is holding them back?
[/b][/quote]

Argentina seem to have a lot of rugby talent, being allowed in the trinations would be beneficial to them.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Again Argies could miss out on the quarters as a result of not being in the 6N or 3N. This really must be addressed before 2011.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Argentina seem to have a lot of rugby talent, being allowed in the trinations would be beneficial to them.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed they have a lot of talent. However being in the 3nations or 6nations doesn't guarantee a place in the quarter finals, being in a pool with only Scotland and Italy does though B)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Agreed they have a lot of talent. However being in the 3nations or 6nations doesn't guarantee a place in the quarter finals, being in a pool with only Scotland and Italy does though B)
[/b][/quote]

France will have to watch their back they are in a strong pool

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Aren´t you a bit confused? Not being part of top level tournaments doesn´t mean no being a top level team.

I don´t believe in stats,, but its a way to read the evoluition of the teams . An Pumas have show it pretty well

France and Ireland both need to be on their toes. The pumas are a great club, and not being a 6N or 3N team really hasn't detracted from their capability to knock one of the two six nations teams in pool D out of cup contention.

[/b]

Aren´t you a bit confused? Not being part of top level tournaments doesn´t mean no being a top level team.

I don´t believe in stats,, but its a way to read the evoluition of the teams . An Pumas have show it pretty well
[/b]

And i'm getting called an idiot in this forum...

No offense, but if I'm an idiot, both of you have gone batsh!t fuxking LOCO. Consistently being the best in the world is all about conditioning and playing the best teams in the world week in week out. The 6N and 3N tournaments are benchmarks of such conditioning and progress.

Obviously, Argentina does not have this, so they will continually miss out on being the best for this reason. Argentinean domestic rugby is all amateur for now. Granted, most of Los Pumas play for Stade Francaise, this hardly means that, as a team, Argentina will be conditioned to become a greater tier 1 team than they are now. Right now, Argentina is Tier 1.5... they're not amazing, but they're not terrible... They're equal to most all Pacific nations now (save Tonga).

And yes, we're wrong to write off Argentina... that's why no one is writing off Argentina... They're conditioning and preparing their best rugby (as they would for a 6N or 3N match). Because they are not being underestimated (as they were in 99 and 03), THEY WILL LOSE. Doesn't mean that they won't put up a fight, but they will lose nonetheless.

In closing, being a top-level team means being admitted to a top-level tournament. Is Argentina one of the best in the world? Yes. Do the Argies deserve to be a part of the 3N? Yes.

But will the Argies leave their mark this world cup and make the quarters? NO.

Why? All the 6N and 3N teams will not underestimate them this time around. And those teams will get the better of them because they have conditioned themselves as a team against the BEST competition already.

Oh, and by the way, Ireland's backline will EAT Argentina up. I don't see Ireland losing to or winning by a small margin over Argentina this time around.

Nambia will beat Scotland, I'm convinced.
Again Argies could miss out on the quarters as a result of not being in the 6N or 3N. This really must be addressed before 2011.[/b]
If they win their matches they got nothing to worry about.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b]

And i'm getting called an idiot in this forum...

No offense, but if I'm an idiot, both of you have gone batsh!t fuxking LOCO. Consistently being the best in the world is all about conditioning and playing the best teams in the world week in week out. The 6N and 3N tournaments are benchmarks of such conditioning and progress.
[/b][/quote]

Calm down - I'm not sure what part of my post made you believe I have gone 'batsh!t fuxking LOCO'. All I was doing was attempting to clarify what another member meant - his original post was rather ambiguous, surely it is alright to question what they meant?

Contrary to you belief, being in a top level team does not mean being in a top level tournament - Argentina is a top level team (currently ranked 6th in the world) already despite not being in any top level tournaments . The reason Argentina is not in the tri-nations is not due to playing strength, but rather logistical issues, particularily the release of players from Northern Hemisphere clubs - they would have more luck getting in the six-nations competition, where I suggest they would be highly competitive.

[Oh, and by the way, Ireland's backline will EAT Argentina up. I don't see Ireland losing to or winning by a small margin over Argentina this time around.
[/quote]

Ok, ok. This is what watching the Flintstones, sorry USA rugby team, produces.

Oh, and by the way, Ireland's backline will EAT Argentina up. I don't see Ireland losing to or winning by a small margin over Argentina this time around.
[/b]

Ok, ok. This is what watching the Flintstones, sorry USA rugby team, produces. [/b]

Ireland ate up the boks in the autumn internationals, how about you watch some more rugby.

[/b]

Ok, ok. This is what watching the Flintstones, sorry USA rugby team, produces. [/b]

Ireland ate up the boks in the autumn internationals, how about you watch some more rugby.
[/b]

I watch quite a lot; while i`m not playing it. Its clear you don`t play stupid yank

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]

I watch quite a lot; while i`m not playing it. Its clear you don`t play stupid yank [/b][/quote]

Yes i dont play ive just been invited to try out for the usa u17's last year and scouted by the usa u20's this year, not to mention ive been all cleveland u19 2 years running, and an ohio u19 selectee, but then again i dont play :rolleyes:

[/b]

[/b]

I watch quite a lot; while i`m not playing it. Its clear you don`t play stupid yank [/b][/quote]

Yes i dont play ive just been invited to try out for the usa u17's last year and scouted by the usa u20's this year, not to mention ive been all cleveland u19 2 years running, and an ohio u19 selectee, but then again i dont play :rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]
:lol2tn:

[/b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I have friends who went to play to USA, I mean 3 XV players from 2nd division clubs of Buenos Aires; and they were the stars of USA teams.

What you are saying besides being anything but humble, (the first value that rugby teaches you) is equal to saying that you have 10 international tests, with Brazil national team.

You don`t know **** about the sport nor the unwritten codes of it. Stick to footbal , yank

Regarding my friends, they return safely fro the uSA. And they don`t want to trvel to another terrorist country.

i dont think argentina have a chance in hell of getting through the groups. ok they beat ireland recently but that was a 3rd string irish team and it was in argentina. i think o driscoll and darcy will run through their defence all day.