• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pool of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeha, Wales haven't sent a full strength squad on the last 2 tours either.

Yeha, Wales haven't sent a full strength squad on the last 2 tours either. [/b]

Wales will make the semi finals, i think theyre gonna strike some of that patriotic form like they did in 03 against nz if you can remember no one gave them a shot no one at all to beat the all blacks and throughout the game im sitting there thinking holy **** can they pull this off. Especially since i think two of their group games are at millenium stadium?

vs Australia
vs Japan or Fiji

i think?

a full strength welsh squad will waste a argentinian squad anyday

<div class='quotemain'> They don't qualify to be one of the two strongest teams in any of the other groups [/b]
I think a lot of people would dissagree with that statement. It times gone past maybe, but now, the rankings are a fairly fair reflection of how talented this Argentinan team is.
[/b][/quote]

Its pointless Logorrhea, he doesn´t seem to know much about rugby. Hopefully he will learn something in this forum.

Come on guys. The fact is the IRB is the villian in all this, based on their flawed world cup qualifying system.

Each world cup the top 2 placed pool teams go through as top rank to the next cup. Argentina have been consistantly in the top 6 for over a year now and are a good 3.5points clear of England in 7th and 8.5points clear of Scotland in 11th (who is contesting to be the 2nd qualifier in pool C) in the official IRB rankings.

The big loser in all this is the viewers who won't get to see a competitive quarterfinal, because either Argentina, Ireland or France will not be playing.

The fact that the IRB is reviewing its qualifying criteria for the next world cup (to look at automatic qualification for the top 3 teams in each pool) shows that they realise the current system is wrong.

So ease up on each other. One of the best things about this game is the respect fans from different teams have for the opposition.

Lets just hope that in future years each pool is a pool of death and that no ones place in the quarters is a assured before the first game is even played.

One of the best things about this game is the respect fans from different teams have for the opposition. [/b]

Oh, and i agree totally.
But when a silly little argentine comes in with a personal vendetta, starting up a topic just to stir some **** then it becomes just that bit more difficult.
Yeah, sure he claims he has nothing against Wales, but the start of the topic sounded quite a bit different to the song he's singing at the moment:

Wales has always been a gifted team. In the 70`s gifted by talented players as Barry john, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, ect. Today gifted by the IRB [/b]

Anyway, this topic's going nowhere.
It never started going anywhere in the first place, there have been other discussions about the IRB and their problems, there was no need to keep this open in the first place.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.