• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pools drawn for RWC Sevens 2009

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
they just said on S4C's y Clwb Rugbi that we're World Champions? :huh: :D Not expected, but a welcome suprise

Still a great achievment. Had to beat the best team in the world (New Zealand) and another in the top 3 (Samoa) to get there, so sounds like they deserved it. It's the first time I can remember Wales putting together such a quality squad, shows what it can do!

Also, why is Tal Selley so good at sevens, yet playing 15 a side he struggles to catch the ball lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Mar 7 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Still a great achievment. Had to beat the best team in the world (New Zealand) and another in the top 3 (Samoa) to get there, so sounds like they deserved it. It's the first time I can remember Wales putting together such a quality squad, shows what it can do!

Also, why is Tal Selley so good at sevens, yet playing 15 a side he struggles to catch the ball lol.[/b]

His problem in 15's is that he has to think, he does not really possess a great 15's brain but is an awesome 7's player!

so there's a world cup champion and a world series champion in 7's?lol

anyway, what a surprise win for Wales! i knew they had potential to go all the way after they beat nz (whom had tons of injuries... excuses excuses haha).

But this years series is so unpredictable! i mean there was south africa who was dominating in the early rounds then england and argentina was strong around in the middle of the series. Fiji and samoa who are normally strong aren't doing well. and NZ dont want to talk about them lol Exciting series

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 8 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WOW

we are World Champions of Rugby ... of 7's mind <_<[/b]
Yes congrats damnit...now we have to put up with gibes from you for....FOUR years lol!

Some good players in the Welsh side who made some of the Kiwis look ordinary.

Strong victory for them against the Samoans who were also hitting form with a tough victory against the English.

However that revenge win against the Argentinians in the final was amazing!

Congratulations to Wales for winning the competition. The knockout stages brought shock after shock and Wales capitalised to become deserved first time winners.

Looking at it from a broader perspective, the semi finalists in the mens and womens tournaments were entirely different. Hopefully the broad spectrum of potential medalists in Sevens will help the Olympic bid. In the mens tournament alone Great Britain, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Fiji would all be potential gold medalists if there was an Olympic tournament in the morning. Factor in Kenya, USA and Samoa as live contenders for medals and Sevens at the top level has viable contenders in North America, South America, Africa, Europe and Australasia. This years World Series and World Cup has advanced the claims of Sevens no end.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Mar 8 2009, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Mar 8 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW

we are World Champions of Rugby ... of 7's mind <_<[/b]
Yes congrats damnit...now we have to put up with gibes from you for....FOUR years lol!

[/b][/quote]

I doubt it.

I just hope this raises the profile of Sevens in Wales because it really is close to non-existent.

I've lost touch with it a little since moving here though.

Latest posts