• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Post RWC 2011 Southern hemisphere

If he were to sign for a club I followed, I'd be thoroughly f'ed off if he didn't display the kind of dominance he shows for the ABs - Especially considering what some of the free-spending French outfits would increase his 'value' too and clogging up the entire salary cap.

If he ever does go overseas, my bet however would be Japan after 2015.

First of all, the reffing is nowhere near as complacent regarding rucks in the NH.

Second, he'd be targeted every game, and by that I mean there would be a contract on his head.

Finally, I think he's so dominant because he plays in the best franchise in the SH, and the best team in the World. It's the other 14 players who allow him to go from good to great. I don't think he would find a team moulded around him like that in the NH.

Just my opinion though...

It is of consequence, because I would bet my shirt that he reached more or less the same conclusions that I did, and decided to stay in NZ.

Whichever way i phrase this, i think i would struggle to express how ridiculous i think that statement is.

So Richie McCaw sat down and came to the conclusion that hes a myth, his ability as a rugby player has been down to poor refereeing by an entire half of the planet (including tours) for the past 10 or so years, that he has only got to where he is now because he has been lucky enough to play around 14 guys that make him look good, and he realised that this whole conspiricy of building him up to be a great rugby player would be un-earthed if he dared try to play any rugby in the Northern Hemisphere..

..You would "bet your shirt" that this happened.

What the **** is wrong with you.

Whichever way i phrase this, i think i would struggle to express how ridiculous i think that statement is.

So Richie McCaw sat down and came to the conclusion that hes a myth, his ability as a rugby player has been down to poor refereeing by an entire half of the planet (including tours) for the past 10 or so years, that he has only got to where he is now because he has been lucky enough to play around 14 guys that make him look good, and he realised that this whole conspiricy of building him up to be a great rugby player would be un-earthed if he dared try to play any rugby in the Northern Hemisphere..

..You would "bet your shirt" that this happened.

What the **** is wrong with you.

Wow, easy there Tiger. No need to take it personal...I'll try to explain slowly more in detail so you can understand (reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strongest point) and avoid going all frothing at the mouth...First, what I'd like you to understand is that I am not undermining the greatness of Richie Mc Caw, aka God aka the only thing of value in NZ. Ok now?

Refs interpretation: there is no question that refs are more lenient in the SH, allow more at the breakdown in order to have a more free flowing game. Why do you think we have "scores divisible by three" in the NH, and you don't. I'll give you a hint, it's not because you guys don't infringe.:rolleyes:

Playing in the Crusaders and the AB; if you don't think it's easier to shine, and express your best potential when you play in some of the best teams in the world, there's nothing I can do for you. Get Mc Caw playing in a crap russian team, I'll guarantee you he won't be that flash if all the guys around him are crap. Rugby is not like soccer where one guy can dribble the entire opposition and score a goal, is it. If your entire team is on the back foot, you're getting beaten on the gain line etc, you become anonymous. Ask any player after a game and they'll tell you the same things: backs will thank the forwards for getting good clean ball, forwards will thank the backs for putting points on the board etc...You don't think Mc Caw benefits from having one of the best tight five/back line in the S14 and in the world?
Hence why I said he would be good, not great, although you probably didn't see that because you must have been fuming already that someone could have the gall to question Richie Mc Caw aka God aka etc...
Some players have a profile better suited to the North, some to the South. I believe McCaw is better suited to the South. Not to say he would be bad in the NH. I think he'd be good, but notably less than in the NH.
FInally, when I said that McCaw probably reached the same conclusions, I meant that:
his image is perfect. He's arguably the best ever openside flanker ever. He's hugely respected in NZ.
Why would he quit all that to go in Europe, play in a team and in a comp where he potentially couldn't express his talent to the max, and have his image go down both in the NH (he's not that good afterall) and in the SH (he left for the money in the end)? Plus leaving his country, his mates etc...

That doesn't make sense, moreover considering that he will probably make lots of cash even in NZ.

PS: you can go **** yourself too...:lol:

Wow, easy there Tiger. No need to take it personal...I'll try to explain slowly more in detail so you can understand (reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your strongest point) and avoid going all frothing at the mouth...First, what I'd like you to understand is that I am not undermining the greatness of Richie Mc Caw, aka God aka the only thing of value in NZ. Ok now?

Refs interpretation: there is no question that refs are more lenient in the SH, allow more at the breakdown in order to have a more free flowing game. Why do you think we have "scores divisible by three" in the NH, and you don't. I'll give you a hint, it's not because you guys don't infringe.:rolleyes:

Playing in the Crusaders and the AB; if you don't think it's easier to shine, and express your best potential when you play in some of the best teams in the world, there's nothing I can do for you. Get Mc Caw playing in a crap russian team, I'll guarantee you he won't be that flash if all the guys around him are crap. Rugby is not like soccer where one guy can dribble the entire opposition and score a goal, is it. If your entire team is on the back foot, you're getting beaten on the gain line etc, you become anonymous. Ask any player after a game and they'll tell you the same things: backs will thank the forwards for getting good clean ball, forwards will thank the backs for putting points on the board etc...You don't think Mc Caw benefits from having one of the best tight five/back line in the S14 and in the world?
Hence why I said he would be good, not great, although you probably didn't see that because you must have been fuming already that someone could have the gall to question Richie Mc Caw aka God aka etc...
Some players have a profile better suited to the North, some to the South. I believe McCaw is better suited to the South. Not to say he would be bad in the NH. I think he'd be good, but notably less than in the NH.
FInally, when I said that McCaw probably reached the same conclusions, I meant that:
his image is perfect. He's arguably the best ever openside flanker ever. He's hugely respected in NZ.
Why would he quit all that to go in Europe, play in a team and in a comp where he potentially couldn't express his talent to the max, and have his image go down both in the NH (he's not that good afterall) and in the SH (he left for the money in the end)? Plus leaving his country, his mates etc...

That doesn't make sense, moreover considering that he will probably make lots of cash even in NZ.

PS: you can go **** yourself too...:lol:

No need for all these petty digs mate grow up. You made a ridiculous statement. I tried to convey the ridiculousness of that statement to you.
I stand by that.

(P.S i wasn't telling you to "go **** yourself", i was pointing out how ridiculous your post was. Maybe reading comprehesion isn't your strong suit..)

Ranger asking someone to grow up
lol3.gif

Come on man. What is the big issue here? Give each other a hug, a kiss if you want to, and move on. You see things different. Well, congratulations! Another win for a concept called "Forum"

No need for all these petty digs mate grow up. You made a ridiculous statement. I tried to convey the ridiculousness of that statement to you.
I stand by that.

(P.S i wasn't telling you to "go **** yourself", i was pointing out how ridiculous your post was. Maybe reading comprehesion isn't your strong suit..)

Haha, right. "Petty digs"? Kettle, black etc...
You stand by your statement by you have absolutely no coherent critic about my post.

Interesting...

I think I'll stand by what I said too, until you can disprove it with real arguments.

PS: having a hissy fit about Richie MCCaw is not a real argument, nor is saying that someone's post is ridiculous, just so you know.

Haha, right. "Petty digs"? Kettle, black etc...
You stand by your statement by you have absolutely no coherent critic about my post.

Interesting...

I think I'll stand by what I said too, until you can disprove it with real arguments.

PS: having a hissy fit about Richie MCCaw is not a real argument, nor is saying that someone's post is ridiculous, just so you know.

What you think about a rugby player is your opinion. You're entitled to those so go nuts son, i don't have a huge issue with that.

Although, when you "bet your shirt" that this guy (regardless of who it is) has sat down and reached the same outlandish conclusions as you, and thats why he has made certain career decisions, well then you are just being a tad dillusional.

I felt i was doing you a favour by pointing that out.

Altho it's nice to discus McCaws further future, could we please stick to the topic. :)

Altho it's nice to discus McCaws further future, could we please stick to the topic. :)

I'd hate to be pedantic, but is the thread not about the future(s) of prominent SH players?

(Bear in mind this post was made whilst I am unable to distinguish smiley, so in the case of your post being sarcastic/satrical/etc..., please do ignore)

Wonder if Bryan Habana will follow me north-ward...

@ Charles

If McCaw is as "lucky" as you say to be reffed by lenient referees all these years, how does he win International Player of the Year 3 times?

International games aren't solely referreed by southern hemisphere referees, so that kind of blows your theory out of the water champ.

Yeah that sounds about right :)

Latest posts