TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Richie-McCaw-handing-off-kids_2604551.jpg

With just 100 days to go until the World Cup kicks-off in New Zealand, Planet Rugby decided this was the perfect time to put on its selection cap.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3818_6961963,00.html

Argentina: 15 Martin Rodriguez, 14 Horacio Agulla, 13 Gonzalo Tiesi, 12 Marcelo Bosch, 11 Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, 10 Felipe Contepomi, 9 Nicolas Vergallo, 8 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 7 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 6 Genaro Fessia, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Mariano Galarza, 3 Martin Scelzo, 2 Mario Ledesma, 1 Rodrigo Roncero.
Not considered due to injury: Juan Martin Hernandez.

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 James O'Connor, 13 Digby Ioane, 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Cameron Shepherd, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Ben McCalman, 7 David Pocock, 6 Scott Higginbotham, 5 Nathan Sharpe, 4 Sam Wykes, 3 James Slipper, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Benn Robinson.
Not considered due to injury: Rocky Elsom, Wycliff Palu, Drew Mitchell, Salesi Ma'afu, Huia Edmonds, Rod Davies.

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton, 13 Manu Tuilagi, 12 Matt Banahan, 11 Mark Cueto, 10 Jonny Wilkinson, 9 Danny Care, 8 Nick Easter, 7 Lewis Moody, 6 Tom Wood, 5 Tom Palmer, 4 Courtney Lawes, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Matt Stevens.
Not considered due to injury: Andrew Sheridan, Riki Flutey.

France: 15 Cédric Heymans, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 David Marty, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Maxime Médard, 10 François Trinh-Duc, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Imanol Harinordoquy, 6 Thierry Dusautoir, 5 Lionel Nallet, 4 Julien Pierre, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 William Servat, 1 Thomas Domingo.
Not considered due to injury: Aurélien Rougerie.

Ireland: 15 Felix Jones, 14 Shane Horgan, 13 Brian O'Driscoll, 12 Gordon D'Arcy, 11 Luke Fitzgerald, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Eoin Reddan, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 David Wallace, 6 Sean O'Brien, 5 Leo Cullen, 4 Paul O'Connell, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Cian Healy.
Not considered due to injury: Rob Kearney, Jerry Flannery, Stephen Ferris.

New Zealand: 15 Mils Muliana, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Adam Thomson, 5 Brad Thorn, 4 Jarrad Hoeata, 3 Ben Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Not considered due to injury: Sam Whitelock, Isaia Toeava, Israel Dagg, Sean Maitland.

Scotland: 15 Rory Lamont, 14 Joe Ansbro, 13 Max Evans, 12 Sean Lamont, 11 Chris Paterson, 10 Ruaridh Jackson, 9 Rory Lawson, 8 Kelly Brown, 7 John Barclay, 6 Nathan Hines, 5 Alastair Kellock, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Euan Murray, 2 Ross Ford, 1 Allan Jacobsen.
Not considered due to injury:

South Africa:
15 Riaan Viljoen, 14 Gio Aplon, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Bjorn Basson, 10 Patrick Lambie, 9 Sarel Pretorius, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Schalk Burger, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Andries Bekker, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Not considered due to injury: Fourie du Preez, Jannie du Plessis, Gurthro Steenkamp, Heinrich Brussouw.

Wales: 15 James Hook, 14 Leigh Halfpenny, 13 Jamie Roberts, 12 Jonathan Davies, 11 Shane Williams, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Ryan Jones, 7 Sam Warburton, 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun-Wyn Jones, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Iestyn Thomas.
Not considered due to injury: Lee Byrne, Gethin Jenkins.

Lewis Moody and Matt Banahan included in a Form XV,
They're bloody idiots.

Yeah, can't say I agree with the New Zealand one at all.

Awful selections tbh

Mike Phillips? he's on awful form
no Aled Brew or Toby Faletau
James Hook as a full back

Maxime Mermoz? on form during a 6 month injury?:huh:
likewise Lewis Moody

Matt Banahan? :suicide2:

the Argentina team is just copy and pasted from the autumn international match against Ireland

no Fernandez of Montpellier?

Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino who hardly gets a game for Leicester ahead of Martin Bustos Moyano of Montpellier who has been doing well in France lately and Juan Imhoff the leading try scorer in the Vodacom Cup and Gonzalo Camacho who got the winning try for Quins in the Amlin Challenge Cup

Max evans and centre and ansbro on the wing? My gosh and banaman at 12... Tho i dont think he is as bad as people make him out to be, he is a **** 12.

You got that Ireland one wrong Cymro. They have Bowe at 14 on the planet rugby website...

Personally I'd have Murray 9, Earls 11 and McFadden 12 ( :( ). Other than that it's pretty much the team I'd pick. We all know that Jones, McFadden, Murray and Cullen won't be starting though.

You got that Ireland one wrong Cymro. They have Bowe at 14 on the planet rugby website...

Personally I'd have Murray 9, Earls 11 and McFadden 12 ( :( ). Other than that it's pretty much the team I'd pick. We all know that Jones, McFadden, Murray and Cullen won't be starting though.

I copied and pasted the article straight to here ... so I didn't edit it. Also for your information I had the article up for about 15 mins on my comp screen before posting and in that time the article was edited (13:12) ;) ... the original article had Horgan at 14.

While the SA one isn't what I'd be confident with sending to the RWC most of the selections are close enough.

15 Viljoen I agree with
14 Aplon or Pietersen, wouldn't argue with either
13 Fourie has been in good form
12 JdV might make an arguement for JdJ but that'd be splitting hairs
11 Basson I agree with
10 Lambie's been off injured for a while but based on his last outings, okay, sure. Not that Steyn hasn't been good these last couple of weeks as well
9 Pretorius.. sure. I might make an argument for Jano Vermaak who has gone about silently doing a solid job without Pretorius' penchant for silly errors that mar his threat as an attacking force. FdP is injured but was coming back to his old form slowly but surely
8 Vermeulen, yip, sure but then again I'm a Stormer :p
7 Alberts? Eh! Has had a terrible last half of the season. Rossouw/Johnson/Strauss have all been in outstanding form
6 Burger hasn't been flashy but the Stormers would be a lot less without him
5 Matfield... I wouldn't if only because I think Bekker has been better and I wouldn't ever put the two together. With Bekker I'd have say the form lock would be... hmm.. Rossouw even though his been playing all over the place, he's been inspirational this season IMO. I hope he gets into teh starting XV for the Bokke at either 4 or 8.
4 Bekker
3 Werner Kruger agreed, I hope he gets a call up in the place of Van der Linde. Please.
2 Bismarck du Plessis okay. Its a tough battle between him, Strauss, Botha and Fourie and all of them bring something different to the table so it's hard to judge. No denying Bissie's effectiveness though
1 Mtawarira has been solid but I think the Bull's Dean Greyling has been in the better form even if I would rather take the Beast to the WC along with the currently injured Steenkamp.

So not bad I'd say allowing for the subjective nature of the beast (picking a form XV not the loosehead prop).

Last edited:
Iestyn Thomas over Paul James?
Every time I watch Iestyn play, his opposite gets the better of him.
Hook at 15 is kind of sad, as we really have no proper fullback, save for out of form Lee Byrne.

The form 12 in England is Anthony Allen.

I can't recall the last time Tom Wood played 6.

There is no way Mark Cueto is a form wing, except when stood next to Luke Fitzgerald.

The form 12 in England is Anthony Allen.

I can't recall the last time Tom Wood played 6.

There is no way Mark Cueto is a form wing, except when stood next to Luke Fitzgerald.

Every single 6 nations match

Who ever wrote that was drunk

I was gonna select a Form XV, but then I got...
Gonna select it with no emotion, but I got...

And now its all messed up, and I know why eh eh, because I got...
because I got...
because I got...

add infinitum

Chris Paterson on the wing, nowadays? Their having a laugh I tells ya!

A pretty poor effort by whoever the writer was. Can't comment on the NH teams, but it's pretty clear that the writer doesn't watch much Super Rugby (or, as Ranger suggested, was incredibly drunk when they wrote this).

Latest posts