Pre/Post Workout Shakes etc.

munstermuffin

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
Well lads the world gone fitness mad even more so than ever. So long story short I've always done bit of gym and watched nutrition but now I'm looking to start making shakes. I'd use the bit of whey protein just for energy and recovery. Don't want to bulk up but more nourish my body and improve stamina and endurance. Anyone got suggestions for any nice tasty shakes for pre or post workout. (Not just for gym but field/track too).

200ml oats
50g peanut butter
2 eggs
Frozen Blueberries
Milk

Blend that ****.

Important to note with the blueberries, only use frozen ones - partly because they'll make the shake ice cold.
But also because the ones they sell unfrozen, in punnets are chosen because they look "bluer" - in fact they only look more blue because they are lighter - they are lighter because they contain less of the blue stuff that makes them taste good and that makes blueberries healthy.
Seriously, the difference is ****ing enormous, I'm not being a snob.

Sounds nice. Here's 1 I'm using at moment.
Handful of strawberries
Several slices of mango
125ml orange juice
2 tbsp honey
Banana
Handful of oats
30g whey protein

Oats and whey. Always and forever. Oats and whey.

I'm just about to start a big cut (I've put on a nasty extra flabby 8 pounds or so, gotta go) so I'm going to be subsisting almost exclusively on oats and whey (with some vitamin supplements.) Down with anyone who says differently.

Oats and whey. Always and forever. Oats and whey.

I'm just about to start a big cut (I've put on a nasty extra flabby 8 pounds or so, gotta go) so I'm going to be subsisting almost exclusively on oats and whey (with some vitamin supplements.) Down with anyone who says differently.

Man add in Honey. It's the best source of extra energy in a shake and will help you loose that bit of weight as it'll increase your energy levels but you won't be as hungry after workout.
Mango mixed with Banana will take care of this as the potassium sorts all your nervous system and the signal to your brain which trigger hunger

:lol: I click on the thread and there's actually a bunch of fkng recipes, all spelled out with little hints and intricacies !! Aawwwwww !!!!

Man add in Honey. It's the best source of extra energy in a shake and will help you loose that bit of weight as it'll increase your energy levels but you won't be as hungry after workout.
Mango mixed with Banana will take care of this as the potassium sorts all your nervous system and the signal to your brain which trigger hunger

Honey, eh? Yeah, I could stretch to that. Would probably make the stuff taste slightly less grim too.

any recipes for a good cheesecake ? love a slice off cheesecake before a hard shift ;)

There's one at the bottom of your deep fat fryer... just reach in and grab it.

Latest posts