• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre-season Thread

On a semi-related note, they announced earlier that they're going to stream all of Sales Aviva games 24hr after them, on the Sale site. So that means if you don't have sky/espn you can still see two of your teams games at least
Aviva/whoever have stepped in, now it's 90second highlights for free on the Sale site, or you can pay a subscription (on a seperate site) for 40min highlights of every match (from every team) - could be interesting depending on costs

Aviva/whoever have stepped in, now it's 90second highlights for free on the Sale site, or you can pay a subscription (on a seperate site) for 40min highlights of every match (from every team) - could be interesting depending on costs
I love the way they do it in the NFL. For around £180 per season you can stream every game live or on demand and also get access to their 24 hour channel, the NFL Network. There's also the option to subscribe to an individual team's games for a smaller fee. I think it's only a matter of time before other sports (or more accurately organisations in Britain and Ireland) cop on to this idea- could the Aviva Premiership make more money by having a dedicated channel/website carrying every game that Sky and ESPN don't show live? For example, Sale might only be shown live in 1/3 of their games this season. Pay a subscription to the Premiership's channel and you get all Sale's games (and every other team's also) whenever you want to see them. The games are being filmed anyway so why not try wrangle more money from them!

I think that'd be an excellent way to go about things, but then I bet Sky/ESPN would have a thing or two to say about it. I wonder how many people have added ESPN to their freeview/sky just for the rugby?
But with the cameras filming it all as of this season i'm hoping that it's one step closer to that happening - i mean, 40m highlights of everygame is almost fullgames.

Well Leinster A schools playing Wanderers 21s on saturday as warm up for interpro ..******** it as its my first match at this level

I think that'd be an excellent way to go about things, but then I bet Sky/ESPN would have a thing or two to say about it. I wonder how many people have added ESPN to their freeview/sky just for the rugby?
But with the cameras filming it all as of this season i'm hoping that it's one step closer to that happening - i mean, 40m highlights of everygame is almost fullgames.
Take out all the reset scrums, strolling to lineouts and time the kicker takes to kick the ball and 40 minutes virtually is the entire game I'd say.

I'm sure Sky and ESPN would kick up **** if the Premiership introduced it now that a new TV deal has been signed but it'd be an option for the next round of deals. I mean, the NFL is able to broadcast this into Britain and Ireland despite Sky and Channel 5 (but as of now transfered to ESPN) showing a few games each weekend.

Latest posts