• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predicted 6N table 2020

I think ye got the wrong one in yer quote. I'm skinheadtop rather than bushytop! :D

Yeah - if the French come in with the right attitude and organisation courtesy of Mr Edwards, we know they have the skills to do great things. I think the younger bunch may just buy into it and give it a real go. Get their tails up in the first game and they could really go places.

Something very odd happened there in quote snipping.

I'll give France their due they always have the potential to be a good side and win the damn thing. I just think they've had so many problems for so long that Edwards won't turn them completely around yet.

Something very odd happened there in quote snipping.

I'll give France their due they always have the potential to be a good side and win the damn thing. I just think they've had so many problems for so long that Edwards won't turn them completely around yet.
I know it was a one off (probably their only good performance the whole of last year) but they were amazing in the World Cup QF... if (yup big if) they can play like that consistently they'll do damage.

I think France are too young. The combined age of their three 10s is 65 and their 9s are a similar age profile. 2022 should be their aim in my opinion. This year is between the three usual suspects imo.

I think France are too young. The combined age of their three 10s is 65 and their 9s are a similar age profile. 2022 should be their aim in my opinion. This year is between the three usual suspects imo.
In all probability I think you're right.

The combined age of their three 10s is 65
That's barely as old as the Ireland starting 10.

I don't see why people are so sure Edwards is going to have some massive galvanising effect on this French side - shouty rosbif giving them a load of lip in the changing room?
Nah.

I don't see why people are so sure Edwards is going to have some massive galvanising effect on this French side - shouty rosbif giving them a load of lip in the changing room?
Nah.

Yeah. How can it go wrong?

Expect Frexit by the end of Feburary when the Frenchies realise just how wrong they've been getting it for decades.

Just signed up for Fantasy Rugby for the 6N ... who should I set as my designated kicker?

Just signed up for Fantasy Rugby for the 6N ... who should I set as my designated kicker?

Jamie George

Also I think it will be interesting seeing Shaun Edwards impact on France. The French have a rather negative attitude to authority, especially aggressive authority. Shaun Edwards style seems to completely clash with French attitude. On the flip side it could somehow work out and if the French side can learn to actually play as a team then they could cause so much trouble.

The usual suspects really, Faz, Biggs and Sexton... probably Faz more than the other two as he will play unless injured. Biggs and Sexton could get 'rested'... and in Biggs case, Halfpenny will play against Italy at the very least (& will surely take on the kicking when on the field).

The usual suspects really, Faz, Biggs and Sexton...
Dang... I was gonna go out on a limb and go with Ntamack at Fly Half, but I need that position for kicking. So yeah, I'll go with Jamie George as ragerancher suggested. ;)

Which one? Im doing the rugby magazine one. Faz prob obv option if you pic him that is as hes the england captain hes likly to play alot of minutes. Not sure ill pick him tbh i need to look into it.

I'm doing it through ESPN, mostly because I already have an account. Plus, it's likely mostly Americans, so nobody will have a clue what they're doing. ;)

I'm struggling with Faz, he's probably the best option, but ... ugh, he just rubs me the wrong way. No offense, he's obviously an incredible player, but... oy vey.

I'm doing it through ESPN, mostly because I already have an account. Plus, it's likely mostly Americans, so nobody will have a clue what they're doing. ;)

I'm struggling with Faz, he's probably the best option, but ... ugh, he just rubs me the wrong way. No offense, he's obviously an incredible player, but... oy vey.

Not that we know what we're doing either... but me and all the boys from work normally use ESPN.

Not that we know what we're doing either... but me and all the boys from work normally use ESPN.
Fair point, my friend. I've been playing Fantasy Football since 1999, and often find having no clue is a huge advantage. :)

Back in the early years of Bill Simmons' columns, he'd make his highly informed predictions for that week's games, and would have his dog 'pick' by watching which logos he sniffed. The dog won almost every time.

Has laidlaw retired? If so then
England
France
Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Italy
Umaga, you always have the best out-of-nowhere comments, I'm loving this unique take... though I do think it vastly underestimates Ireland, they feel pretty under the radar and could be a powerhouse...

Didnt you start the RM premiership fantasy? Havny seem your team for abit. But yeh thats a fair point.

He does alot of people but i like him tbh. Though doubt ill pick him.

Latest posts