• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions based on AI's.

I'd add Henshaw to that at the moment. McCloskey is there but we don't know what he can do against the world's best sides yet. With Henshaw and Murray we're a match for anyone right now.

Marshall would be a safer bet than McCloskey right now. Also, Ringrose and Payne work just fine, although obviously less so with Payne injured. And of course there is always the mighty Noel Reid waiting for his shot.

edit: That said, Henshaw belongs in the tier just under of people whose absence would bloody well sting, along with Best, Sexton and Furlong.

Are England reallt that hamstrung by injuries? B. Vunipola aside our back row is hardly inspiring and the rest its not really players I'm particulary in awe of.

Personally I'm expecting an Irish victory, but no GS for anyone this year. Lions selection will bring some strong performances, possibly an upset or two. From a Welsh perspective, it's hard to imagine a strong performance based on our last couple of years and the AI's, but we've turned that around before. If we pick on form then we might turn up better than expected. As usual I expect Scotland to be a bit of a wildcard, and certainly to finish ahead of France and Italy, but also possibly ahead of Wales. We'll see.

Question for everyone - do we think the bonus points will make a difference?

Are England reallt that hamstrung by injuries? B. Vunipola aside our back row is hardly inspiring and the rest its not really players I'm particulary in awe of.

They definitely are .... why isn't the back row inspiring ? If the only rugby you saw Haskell play was since Eddie arrived you would swear bling he was amongst the best in the world . Same with Robshaw .... Mako is a HUGE loss maybe even more so than Billy

They definitely are .... why isn't the back row inspiring ? If the only rugby you saw Haskell play was since Eddie arrived you would swear bling he was amongst the best in the world . Same with Robshaw .... Mako is a HUGE loss maybe even more so than Billy

Losing both Mako and Billy leaves us without maybe the 2 best strongest ball carriers in World Rugby and both Mako and Marler means our LH will be both inexperienced and simply not up to the standard of the other 2.

Losing both Mako and Billy leaves us without maybe the 2 best strongest ball carriers in World Rugby and both Mako and Marler means our LH will be both inexperienced and simply not up to the standard of the other 2.

Yeh we have also lost Kruis Whois our most reliable player imo . We have great depth amongst our locks but he's always so good and rarely makes mistakes

Yeh we have also lost Kruis Whois our most reliable player imo . We have great depth amongst our locks but he's always so good and rarely makes mistakes

I'm not too worried about Kruis, as long as he's fit Launchbury is just as reliable and although not as strong at the lineout, offers more around the park.

Marshall would be a safer bet than McCloskey right now. Also, Ringrose and Payne work just fine, although obviously less so with Payne injured. And of course there is always the mighty Noel Reid waiting for his shot.

edit: That said, Henshaw belongs in the tier just under of people whose absence would bloody well sting, along with Best, Sexton and Furlong.
That's probably fair for the 6n although I think Henshaw is needed at 12 with Ringrose or Payne if we wanted to beat NZ again.

I'm not too worried about Kruis, as long as he's fit Launchbury is just as reliable and although not as strong at the lineout, offers more around the park.

I guess and by moving Itoje into the back row you are breaking up the Sarries lock pairing anyway

Personally I'm expecting an Irish victory, but no GS for anyone this year. Lions selection will bring some strong performances, possibly an upset or two. From a Welsh perspective, it's hard to imagine a strong performance based on our last couple of years and the AI's, but we've turned that around before. If we pick on form then we might turn up better than expected. As usual I expect Scotland to be a bit of a wildcard, and certainly to finish ahead of France and Italy, but also possibly ahead of Wales. We'll see.

Question for everyone - do we think the bonus points will make a difference?

I think Scotland v Wales could be one of the most entertaining games of the tournament. Likewise France v Scotland. I expect Ireland and England to adopt similar tactics to last year and use their superior forwards to suffocate ours and stop our backs getting much ball.

Looks like there might be little comparison with the AI. The individual form of the French players will not be on a par with November. It rarely is. Also Noves will not have the same players. Mounting list of injured players: FTD, Fofana, Ben Arous, Chavancy, Chat, Lakafia - ran out of fingers on one hand sorry - and he's had to pick players he has no faith in (Bastareaud) :huh:

3 Racing players are out after being called. They did tests and were deemed unfit. Reports are they played carrying knocks and info was not fed back to the union. That's Racing for you. I made the point their issues in CCup had a lot to do with their recruitment and players management. Here we go. http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/38279-Pool-1-(Glasgow-Leicester-Munster-Racing-Metro)?p=831040&viewfull=1#post831040

And of course, as a true Toulousain, Noves had a right go at the parisians. Weheeee. We are terrribly mooody peopeulle :buba:

If the team finishes in lower half and Noves comes under pressure from his employer, he will walk.

On that note I expect a thorougly entertaining Sex Nations Championship :)

Last edited:
Predictions based on AI's?
Moot point really.

If you had played the 6N immediately in December then England would have probably romp it but we didn't play in December so
It's irrelevant and of no bearing.

Injuries will play a part in team selections with key players out in all sides which impacts the entire team dynamic. Equally the converse is applicable - players out of AI's due to injury will now be fit for 6N.

Individual form is fleeting too. Countless players who seemed to deliver in the AI's have had a poor domestic showing.

Coaching / Management changes affect culture, attitude and self belief.

The litmus test is w/e 4/5 Feb - we'll see who is selected and who is omitted. We'll see form, tactics and style.

If we are predicting based on current player availability and form then I will go:-
England (TC & GS)
Ireland
Wales
Scotland
France
Italy

Move along, nothing to see here. (I mean I failed miserably with a gif link)

Last edited:
latest

One where the Italians finally get to excel. The English are functional but unexciting. The Irish are too drunk to participate.

The Scots are too ugly to participate. The Welsh play a more lenient code allowing four legged and wooly participants and the French would rather just play among themselves.

The French one is kind of true in relation to the actual tournament!

French real wildcards as per usual. Could be the night of your life, you could be kidnapped, covered in wale fat and sold to an oil rich sheikh. Welsh to be baaaarred from the tournament for obvious reasons.

The Scots are too ugly to participate. The Welsh play a more lenient code allowing four legged and wooly participants and the French would rather just play among themselves.

The French one is kind of true in relation to the actual tournament!

Wales still haven't beaten the All Blacks in living memory though

Welsh to be baaaarred from the tournament for obvious reasons.

Genuine laugh out loud at that!

England historically favour the 10 man approach.

Ireland can produce some flare but still end up creaming themselves over BOD regardless.

wales have the ability but generally end up with Roberts smashing it repeatedly in the middle even if there is no holes avaiable.

Scotland who knows they tend not to appear on the whole, their only memorable games is when the Itlaians are on top of them.

France all the talk of French flair is long gone, they no longer excite instead favour big guys to just pile it in and hope for the best, ball control let's them down.

Italy Occaisnally have they moment on top but on the whole mostly bottom.

Latest posts