• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Cup 18/19

Normally I'd back Wuss as the underdogs but not happy with that at all. I almost feel like there should be some punishment for so blatantly ignoring the spirit of the competition. At least if they have shown they can't follow the spirit of the competition, make it actually the rules of the competition.

The PRL blurb for the comp says "The pathway for young players is now clear linking the Under-18s League, the Premiership Rugby Shield and now the Premiership Rugby Cup into one strong route towards Gallagher Premiership Rugby, European competitions and Test matches."

I bet Hougaard dreams of one day playing Premiership rugby :p

Just like the AWC, and the A-league - different clubs have different priorities. I don't see the problem with that; if PRO don't like that, then they should have included rules against it.

I don't think we will be having a team that strong for the next round, it was just a case of ensuring our first team players had an opportunity to get a run out before the Prem restarts in a couple of weeks, otherwise it would have been a long time stint since they all played together. Anyways 4 out of 4 in October

lost count of the amount of times Sarries have got away with high tackles and offsides.

Zach kibirige is a brilliant player, at 23 has a broght future at falcons.

I don't think there's enough interest in this comp to warrant a thread per round, so we'll just have this as a general chat

Bristol vs Gloucester on the telly tonight, Quins vs Budgies on Sunday

Almost 10,000 at Bristol last night for the game which was on TV, not included in season tickets and in a questionable cup. Pretty decent. Champs Sarries got 4500 in their non televised match for comparison.

Better from Bris but still a lot to do.

Gloucester knock on all day long, you see the ball move as he hits it but great effort for the intercept from banahan but shouldnt have been a try.

Any idea why Sale v Leicester wasn't streamed on NBC Sports Gold today?
Premiership cup isn't covered very well at all - only two games are shown on TV per week, and no streaming service carries the other games (I'm not even sure they send cameras to them - there's no TMO, for example, so I don't think they do)

https://www.salesharks.com/2018/11/...ld-rugby-player-of-the-year-nominee-de-klerk/

Surely this must be a parody. Its just odd though because its not close to April fools, and they seem so serious, it was included under their general news @TRF_Olyy what do you think their intentions were? was it just to provoke a laugh or two under the supporters?
Haha they forgot to include the photo, so it looks like they're being serious

On Twitter they posted the same story but had photoshopped Faf's head onto that terrible Mo Salah statue that had just been unveiled
https://twitter.com/SaleSharksRugby/status/1059428392565727233?s=19

15 Phil Dollman
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Max Bodilly
12 Tom Hendrickson
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Harvey Skinner
9 Sam Maunder

1 Moray Low
2 Jack Innard
3 Greg Holmes (capt)
4 Josh Caulfield
5 Mitch Lees
6 Dave Ewers
7 Richard Capstick
8 Tom Lawday

16 Elvis Taione 17 Billy Keast 18 Marcus Street 19 Ollie Atkins 20 Wilhelm Van der Sluys 21 Joe Snow 22 Sam Morley 23 James Short

Good to see the likes of Ewers, Woodburn and Cuthbert back from injuries.

And a good mix of younger players and more experienced ones whilst resting the majority of the first team who arent on international duty.

Saints average age of line-up: 27 of which 4 at a push (could say less) are Saints academy graduates.

Tigers: 23.333r of which 10 are Tigers academy graduates.

Spirit of the comp alive yeah.

This 3:3 split over the two weekends is weird

This whole comp is weird tbf

Saints average age of line-up: 27 of which 4 at a push (could say less) are Saints academy graduates.

Tigers: 23.333r of which 10 are Tigers academy graduates.

Spirit of the comp alive yeah.

I briefly followed the game on Radio Northampton and the commentators amazingly were bigging up Saints' use of youngsters whilst criticising Tigers. First they had a pop at Varndell being signed as injury cover for 'blocking the path of youngsters' and later actually said 'Leicester fans will be jealous because they'll be hearing these names of Grayson, Furbank, you know and, er, it's what it's all about... it's growing your own'.

Latest posts