• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Cup 22/23

Really hope that he builds a good understanding with Raffi; and they can be England's 1st choice combo for the next 4 years - or someone comes along to actually be better than those 2

Fog1VxZXgAEjN4k

Weird team, feels very cobbled together

Fog1VxZXgAEjN4k

Weird team, feels very cobbled together
Exeter Chiefs

15 Tom Wyatt
14 Immanuel Feyi-Waboso
13 Sean O'Brien
12 Tom Hendrickson
11 Rory O'Loughlin
10 Iwan Jenkins
9 Tom Cairns
1 Danny Southworth
2 Jack Innard (capt)
3 Patrick Schickerling
4 Mike Williams
5 Lewis Pearson
6 Rus Tuima
7 Aidon Davis
8 Santiago Grondona

Replacements
16 Dan Frost
17 James Kenny
18 Josh Iosefa-Scott
19 Joe Bailey
20 Ollie Leatherbarrow
21 Orson James
22 Ian Whitten
23 Facundo Cordero

No more cobbled together than Chiefs

It's the Bloody Pointless Cup - teams SHOULD be cobbled together

Usually in the knockouts teams are a little more settled, but I guess with no A-Leagues there's less time to find combinations etc

It's the Bloody Pointless Cup - teams SHOULD be cobbled together
I still think there should be selection criteria that must be met to say there must be x amount of 'experienced players' but limited to x amount too, then the rest say under 23s.

Making it a development comp worth some first teamers to give them a higher level.

Because if you say 5+2(benched) first teamers in the 23 then the rest under23/x amount of prem caps then it can be tactical which players you use to help win whilst giving your young players their best development.

I still think there should be selection criteria that must be met to say there must be x amount of 'experienced players' but limited to x amount too, then the rest say under 23s.

Making it a development comp worth some first teamers to give them a higher level.

Because if you say 5+2(benched) first teamers in the 23 then the rest under23/x amount of prem caps then it can be tactical which players you use to help win whilst giving your young players their best development.
I've said before, and I'll say again.
I'd have it as a proper cup competition with the Championship sides, with pools and knockout stages (cup, plate & bowl).
For the Prem teams (and maybe for the Champ), players are only eligible if they played fewer than X (15ish) matches in the previous season - so no regular starters.

I can't really see a downside to this (except, to PRL, the risk of losing to lesser teams, and giving them ideas above their station - which I see as a good thing, but PRL seem to see as an existential threat)

ETA (not worth a separate post)
Should (try and) tie it to first team appearances/minutes that season imo - so players like Ford can be eased in after a long layoff, but it stops a side playing their first XV because they had a bye week the week before and want to get some form
I've considered that before as well, but think it's easier to just know who is or isn't eligible at the start of the season.

Should (try and) tie it to first team appearances/minutes that season imo - so players like Ford can be eased in after a long layoff, but it stops a side playing their first XV because they had a bye week the week before and want to get some form

Tristan Woodman looks good for Sale, didn't realise he's as young as he is (19th birthday today)

Cairns and Feyi-Waboso both very lively for Exeter

Some of our worst players out there are the senior guys who are meant to be adding experience to the side so about the same really
Just dodnt have an answer to Chiefs, alot of young players stopping up.

Hope Woodwards is ok seemed something just went.

Right, heading over for this as a) I really like our young guns and b) we might be in with a shot.

Any predictions on sides? Hard to tell what both sides will put out as a cup win is good PR but both sides have got first XI matches on... I would hope this favours us (Chiefs) ?

Latest posts