• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Games this Weekend - Rd 19

We looked significantly worse without Cordero. Missed that step and constant threat even when fully marked it creates so much more space and chances. We havnt got much quality depth in that back line have we?

True. The likes of Hill and Whitten are good, solid players, but a bit one-dimensional and Cuthbert has been pretty much anonymous.

Whatever happened to James Short? He used to be a regular first team winger and a reliable try scorer for Exeter but he seems to have completely disappeared off the radar.

Top 4 was never really on for us,
Top 6 is a goal but I can't see us making it - form too poor atm and a tough run in vs sides in better knick than we are.

Small squad, number of injuries and players who have already played too much rugby who now have to go to France and play a strong la rochelle side in fine form.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up as low as 10th

Quins are in a similar position. We're fortunate that our form earlier in the season won us enough BPs to build the buffer that's keeping us in the top 4 for now, but we could easily lose all of our remaining league games and drop a few places.

Our form is terrible and losing Marchant, Earle and Murley in such a short space of time is going to hit us hard.

I can't see anything other than a heavy defeat in the QF against Clermont so it really is just about finishing as strongly as we can in the league.

The honest truth is that we're not really good enough to be genuinely considered a top 4 side. We're only there because the teams beneath us are in the same boat. I'm genuinely OK with finishing 5th or 6th rather than finish the season getting humped in the play-offs.

Latest posts