• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Club Kits

It's grown on me now as well,
I always think as long as your home kit is your traditional colours and/or style then you push the boat out a bit on your away kit and then go buck wild with Euros (it's only gonna be worn about twice, after all)

I can't stand the euro kit being crazy thing. I don't mind it being a different design of the standard colors but when I keep getting teams mixed up cause their brand is one particular color it's not good for the competition.

I can't stand the euro kit being crazy thing. I don't mind it being a different design of the standard colors but when I keep getting teams mixed up cause their brand is one particular color it's not good for the competition.
I like the NBA and MLB styling, where the home and road are based on team colours and then they have a third shirt that is influenced by an alternative idea.
For example Miami Heat wear red, white and black, then have a bright blue, pink third shirt to represent the Miami Beach culture.
And in NFL, every team has a coloured shirt and a white shirt, which also makes sense.
Wish PRL, would make clubs keep to traditional colours for home and away, and allowing a different Euro/Cup shirt.

Where does that shirt scream Northampton ? It doesn't. That could be any team, with a lack of taste, wearing that shirt.
Do we want to erode our identity in this way ? I sure don't.
And pandering to the sponsors is also a real no no as far as I'm concerned.
While I am a traditionalist when it comes to kit, I'm guessing cinch paid a fortune and it's provided some great financial stability to the club in this testing times, so yeah I agree but I empathise.

While I am a traditionalist when it comes to kit, I'm guessing cinch paid a fortune and it's provided some great financial stability to the club in this testing times, so yeah I agree but I empathise.
I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole no matter how much money they were throwing at me. Re-naming FG was a real low.

Clubs are being made interchangeable by creating such horrible kits and that's eroding the identity and history of the Clubs and diluting what it means to be a supporter.
I have a qualification in Sports Psychology, trust me, kit and the history associated with it count a lot.

I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole no matter how much money they were throwing at me. Re-naming FG was a real low.

Clubs are being made interchangeable by creating such horrible kits and that's eroding the identity and history of the Clubs and diluting what it means to be a supporter.
I have a qualification in Sports Psychology, trust me, kit and the history associated with it count a lot.
What does Saints home kit look like?

I'm... actually excited for Bath's new kit.

Club has released these teasers today (and the classic range I posted a couple of weeks ago)

If it's good, I may well get one, despite my gradual falling out of love with both Bath and Premiership / European rugby

I'm... actually excited for Bath's new kit.

Club has released these teasers today (and the classic range I posted a couple of weeks ago)

If it's good, I may well get one, despite my gradual falling out of love with both Bath and Premiership / European rugby

Well, if you've gone Old School, I like it.
That screams Bath to anyone who looks at it.

press-image.png

I want one

Leapfrogging Wasps for best (home) kit this year

Last edited:

Latest posts