• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership prediction thread 2022/23

Hmm I don't know if Davison would, he would make the 23 for most teams but can only think of maybe 2 teams he would be considered a starter really now.

Tigers / Sarries top 2 in whatever order. Possibly Sarries top - Ford and Genge are big losses for Tigers. Worcester, if still in business, bottom.

Most of the others, perhaps bar Falcons, can beat each other on any given day. The interesting ones for me will be:

Wasps. How will they cope with everything going on? And will we at last see the J Willis dream season?

Bath. Can they possibly be as bad as last year? Well yes. Absolutely no guarantees they can turn it around.

Chiefs. Was last year a blip or the start of the end of the Baxter era? I'm suspecting mid table, a scraped 4th at best. Their fear factor's gone and some of their stalwarts have moved on / aging.

Irish is the team most likely to flatter to deceive. Hopefully Arundell can have a great first full season. There's definitely something to be excited by there.

With an Eng hat on the other players I really want to see do well are all Tigers - Heyes, JVP and George Martin at 6. Anyone emerging at 2 would also be good.

I think Gloucester will do well. Think they've quietly been building and without major international commitments they should be able to challenge all season.

I think Gloucester will do well. Think they've quietly been building and without major international commitments they should be able to challenge all season.
Also the least player turnover. Only Tuise in and possibly Mercer.

Outs include a couple of elderly backs to Sale otherwise only Slater for obvious reasons from their front line players.

Chiefs. Was last year a blip or the start of the end of the Baxter era? I'm suspecting mid table, a scraped 4th at best. Their fear factor's gone and some of their stalwarts have moved on / aging.

Irish is the team most likely to flatter to deceive. Hopefully Arundell can have a great first full season. There's definitely something to be excited by there.
im really in 2 minds for Chiefs as i think our squad isnt as strong as before and academy isnt preducing what it has before.

There isnt a fear factor over us anymore tbh and rightly so after last season, our tactics have always set us apart playing our way yet last season we seem to play hanging on to outdated tactics. In the current way the game is played i wonder if Baxter and Co can come up with something new to challenge teams especially as we had a style that played to our strengths and not an EJ one that plays to what he wants regardless of players.

Honestly i think LIrish will do well they looked good towards the end of last season yet just lacked continuity. I hope Arundall Josepth Pearson get a full season to bed in woth some older heads guiding the ship i with they will be top 6 at worst. My prediction in the fight for top 4.

Quins, Saints, LIrish, Bristol all play (in different ways) a good running style of rugby and all could be in the running. Even though i see Bristol lower down the order. Exactly what Chiefs need our own style and not to copy.

Gloucester biggest weakness imo is their 10 especially since they don't have a playmaking 15 or first choice Centre.

Also the least player turnover. Only Tuise in and possibly Mercer.

Outs include a couple of elderly backs to Sale otherwise only Slater for obvious reasons from their front line players.
Even if Mercer is confirmed, he wouldn't be arriving until after this season finishes so he'd have no impact either way.

I'm most interested in how Gloucester evolve. Last season Skivington really tightened up on the basics with their defence, set piece and particularly their maul all massively improving.

Hastings is settled now so if they can find a way to unleash their deadly back three players on top of the nuts and bolts, they could do very well.

A little harsh, but I mostly agree.

Davison would start for quite a few teams IMO and Nordli-Kelemeti is a good young 9 who has so far flown under the radar, but otherwise pretty fair.

Will Guy Pepper get any game time this season? He was tipped as 'the next Tom Curry' but seems to have disappeared?
Never heard of Guy being called that mind BPM. Hes definitely potentially very good. Guy is in the academy but i would expect him to get some games this season in the cups. I would say hes more like a young Ben Earl really as hes absolutely rapid. Will be interesting to watch his development.

Gloucester biggest weakness imo is their 10 especially since they don't have a playmaking 15 or first choice Centre.
Well Carreras is their usual 15 and he has been playing 10 for Argentina all summer so he must have some playmaking skills? They've also played Evans (who is a 10) at 15 quite a bit.

I thought Hastings got a lot better over the season. 9 is a way bigger weakness IMO. Meehan isn't great and slows them down but they don't seem to fully trust Chapman.

Well Carreras is their usual 15 and he has been playing 10 for Argentina all summer so he must have some playmaking skills? They've also played Evans (who is a 10) at 15 quite a bit.

I thought Hastings got a lot better over the season. 9 is a way bigger weakness IMO. Meehan isn't great and slows them down but they don't seem to fully trust Chapman.

Forgot Carreras tbh keep only thinking of the falcons eye gouging one.

So why make that comment?

You could have just said the player from the falcons?

Because honestly that's what I remember him for.
Dupuy won the premiership but he will always be remembered for that gouge on Ferris.

Gouging is a big deal. I don't think it's something you can just move on from so quickly and forget it happened.

Im not saying thats the case BPM...just curious why it needed to be mentioned in that context rather than just "the falcons player"

But hes attempted to explain...so fair enough.

Don't think you're winning this argument Geordie. Tbh I struggle to remember much about him, but I do remember that. It wasn't even subtle or accidental it was blatant with intent. That makes the player memorable. I can't think of much else he's done that makes him memorable. Unfortunately when discussing players, especially general club players, it's helpful to provide some context to jog the memory.

Not looking to win the argument, more curious about the choice of phrase and why it was needed to be said. But fair enough.

So ive heard England international players are available for only 11 games this season, if so does anyone know how them 11 games are spread? As in cant be many games between the rest at the start and the 6N and then how many after?

My prediction
1. Leicester (Runner Up)
2. Saracens (Champions)
3. Exeter
4. Gloucester (Heart over head with this one)
5. Harlequins
6. Sale
7. Northampton
8. Bristol
9. Irish
10. Newcastle
11. Bath
12. Wasps
13. Worcester

Latest posts