• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 18/19 - Rd 13/14

There's no 15 in your squad is there?

Surely it'd make more sense to put JOC at 10 or 15 and either of the James' at 13.
Yup, I thought the exact same

My only thought is JOC has said he wants to play centre for Australia so I unwilling to float around (I'd have also had him at 10 over James, with James at 13)

Yup, I thought the exact same

My only thought is JOC has said he wants to play centre for Australia so I unwilling to float around (I'd have also had him at 10 over James, with James at 13)
Oh really? That doesn't make a ton of sense either on JOC's part with Toomua, Beale, Kerevi, Kuridrani and Hodge (probably forgetting some) all looking impressive in the centre for Oz and Foley as their only real 10 option. Surely that's where he should focus on getting in.

Oh really? That doesn't make a ton of sense either on JOC's part with Toomua, Beale, Kerevi, Kuridrani and Hodge (probably forgetting some) all looking impressive in the centre for Oz and Foley as their only real 10 option. Surely that's where he should focus on getting in.
I don't think he's ever been that keen on 10, or at least he's never really looked international level there.
Probably sees more chance in a centre spot than ousting Folau

I don't think he's ever been that keen on 10, or at least he's never really looked international level there.
Probably sees more chance in a centre spot than ousting Folau
True, but with game time there he could have a decent shot. To be honest his best chance would probably be on the wing, but with Solomona, Ashton, Yarde and McGuigan there's no way he'll get game time there for Sale.

True, but with game time there he could have a decent shot. To be honest his best chance would probably be on the wing, but with Solomona, Ashton, Yarde and McGuigan there's no way he'll get game time there for Sale.
I don't think he's got the speed for it anymore, to be honest.
His latest injuries have taken the edge off - he looks far better getting involved in distribution more

I don't think he's got the speed for it anymore, to be honest.
His latest injuries have taken the edge off - he looks far better getting involved in distribution more
It's probably just going to be a case of that he isn't good enough then. He's not going to displace Beale or Toomua at 12 and if he's not offering much of an attacking threat then he's not going to offer much at 13 outside of those 2, who are both playmakers.

Last edited:
Illegal hit from Thorley, stops a try, injures Strettle, and they don't even look at it?

Really need to do something about the base of the post tries, they're such BS
Move the posts to the back of the in goal or something

Or just change the rule, post doesn't count. I agree it's a totally stupid rule

I only just realised how well Gloucester did out of the Six Nations scheduling,

Faced the top two sides, at home, while they were depleted of their best players and Gloucester have zero(?) international call ups.

I agree tbh, its been a weapon a chiefs for a long time but i get the reason its abit of a crap law, just say base of the post doesnt count then they wil still atrack the posts but actually have to get over the line.

but tbh we need to invest in a good 10 but any ideas who is even an option.
Just seen your comment, the rumour was Bernard Foley don't know if that's still the case but he was definitely on the radar at one point, that's from a good source too....

Just seen your comment, the rumour was Bernard Foley don't know if that's still the case but he was definitely on the radar at one point, that's from a good source too....
He said a good 10.
With all seriousness, that was about 2 years ago wasn't it? I haven't heard anything about it since the initial murmurings.
Apparently, and I have no idea why, Slade still sees himself as a 10 and that's where he wants to play for Chiefs. Seems mad to me but stranger things have happened. That was a little while ago though so his 6 Nations form and potential future at 13 could've changed his mind.

Wasps team is up....

Big thing for us and England, Jack Willis back on the bench after so long out. If he get's a good run, wildcard again for World Cup?

15 Willie Le Roux (47)
14 Marcus Watson (20)
13 Juan de Jongh (40)
12 Gaby Lovobalavu (26)
11 Josh Bassett (96)
10 Lima Sopoaga (19)
9 Joe Simpson (248)
1 Zurabi Zhvania (17)
2 Tom Cruse (54)
3 Will Stuart (27)
4 Will Rowlands (67)
5 James Gaskell (101)
6 Ashley Johnson (c) (178)
7 Ben Morris (13)
8 Nizaam Carr (28)

Replacements
16 Tommy Taylor (43)
17 Ben Harris (39)
18 Biyi Alo (0)
19 Charlie Matthews (11)
20 Jack Willis (33)
21 Craig Hampson (28)
22 Rob Miller (95)
23 Michael Le Bourgeois (14)

Bit soon for him i think, he has real potential and is a proper 7 like curry but weither or not he can push curry out im so not sure.

He said a good 10.
With all seriousness, that was about 2 years ago wasn't it? I haven't heard anything about it since the initial murmurings.
Looking for a payday North after RWC19, he wouldn't be my first choice but given the budget Chiefs will be working with he's not the worst on the list within that budget, unless you want to pay Handre Pollard the 750k - 1mil a year he's looking for (apparently)...

Sneaky win v Bath but in top 6 top 4 as is for me.
Big game for Worcester tomorrow Falcons looking iffy if result is wrong .

Sneaky win v Bath but in top 6 top 4 as is for me.
Big game for Worcester tomorrow Falcons looking iffy if result is wrong .
Thanks for reminding me.

England lost
Bath lost
My club team lost the old boys game

******* shitter of a Saturday for me

Latest posts