2. Jamie George (C)
3. Vincent Koch
4. Maro Itoje
5. Tim Swinson
6. Callum Hunter-Hill
7. Jackson Wray
8. Billy Vunipola

REPLACEMENTS
16. Tom Woolstencroft, 17. Sam Crean, 18. Alec Clarey, 19. Joel Kpoku, 20. Janco Venter
21. Aled Davies, 22. Harry Sloan, 23. Rotimi Segun

BATH
15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Josh Matavesi
11. Ruaridh McConnochie
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Ben Spencer

1. Beno Obano
2. Tom Dunn
3. Will Stuart
4. Josh McNally
5. Charlie Ewels (C)
6. Mike Williams
7. Sam Underhill
8. Taulupe Faletau

REPLACEMENTS

16. Jack Walker, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Christian Judge, 19. Will Spencer, 20. Miles Reid
21. Will Chudley, 22. Cameron Redpath, 23. Joe Cokanasiga

Can expect a lengthy lawsuit if that's the case, because we were told all tests came back negative, did a training session, then were told "No wait there were a few positives in there soz lol"

I wonder if Diamond conforms to the social distancing guidelines when he gets the players to wash his car?

hmmmmmmm

No teams from Sale, Saints or Gloucester at 12 - word that the games might be postponed to mid week
Gloucester have name their side (on the website at least).

can't see how any team that cant play tomorrow will be able to play midweek. Would think they'll still be stuck in isolation.

Sounds like both games are off

I imagine the delay is working out whether it's walkovers or draws awarded - considering it was the testing companies **** up that caused it all

Posponed until Wednesday. It's interesting because despite 16 players testing positive and not being allowed to sign players for the match apparently Sale are 'in a position' to fulfill the match. Therefore they could play it, but it is being postponed until Wednesday as a precaution. Also interesting that Premiership Rugby saying this game is important to the result of the premiership and do should be played. Castres had to forfeit after 3 people testing positive, yet Sale can continue with a
16? I know it's a different competition body, but it's making an exception like this that annoys me because it's only happening due to the nature of the match and the teams involved. If it had been Leicester vs Sarries, where it wouldn't impact the table, for example I reckon the team who tested positive would have forfeited.

I imagine lawyers are involved, because it's not a breach of the CovId protocols but a **** up from the testing company

I'd be amazed if it actually went ahead.
From what I've gathered it'd not 16 positive tests but 16 players self isolating.
Since lockdown training sessions are run on groups rather than a whole squad so it sounds like the club was training in two groups and one had some positive tests (36 man squad, minus the four long term injuries, half it, 16 players exposed)

We simply don't have the squad depth to lose half our squad and make up the numbers with academy players - especially in the front row (which is what got the saints game cancelled - not enough front rowers)

I imagine lawyers are involved, because it's not a breach of the CovId protocols but a **** up from the testing company

I'd be amazed if it actually went ahead.
From what I've gathered it'd not 16 positive tests but 16 players self isolating.
Since lockdown training sessions are run on groups rather than a whole squad so it sounds like the club was training in two groups and one had some positive tests (36 man squad, minus the four long term injuries, half it, 16 players exposed)

We simply don't have the squad depth to lose half our squad and make up the numbers with academy players - especially in the front row (which is what got the saints game cancelled - not enough front rowers)
I suppose if it is a **** from the testing company and Sale can prove they followed all guidance otherwise then yeah an exception could be made. I'll take it back if that's the case. I imagine for premiership rugby, Sale would sue if they were made forfeit for something that wasn't their fault. Sounds like it's all very complicated.

Any idea who has covid at sale or has that been kept quiet?

So Sale vs Worcester postponed, but Gloucester vs Saints off. I'll accept I don't know all the facts and circumstances, especially as Saints were already low on fit props, but it does seem like two different sets of rules depending on where you are in the table, which as I've said, I really hate.

Anywho, looking forward to the games today, though lots it's edge a bit as we won't definitely know the top four until Wednesday.

Saints and Gloucester were offered a Wednesday game but Saints turned it down because they don't have enough front rowers.
Ok I'll retract again. Seems like Premiership Rugby are more on the ball than most sports in that case and are trying to keep it fair.

Bit of a misleading headline, according to the article they didn't "go drinking", they drank among themselves within the stadium.

So no Sale player came into contact with anyone else apart from the people they had just played a rugby game with. Absolute mountain out of a molehill as far as I can see.

Posponed until Wednesday. It's interesting because despite 16 players testing positive and not being allowed to sign players for the match apparently Sale are 'in a position' to fulfill the match. Therefore they could play it, but it is being postponed until Wednesday as a precaution. Also interesting that Premiership Rugby saying this game is important to the result of the premiership and do should be played. Castres had to forfeit after 3 people testing positive, yet Sale can continue with a
16? I know it's a different competition body, but it's making an exception like this that annoys me because it's only happening due to the nature of the match and the teams involved. If it had been Leicester vs Sarries, where it wouldn't impact the table, for example I reckon the team who tested positive would have forfeited.
Yeah but there is rarely any consistency between competitions, take Sarries situation for example they have a good chunk of the England Squad in theirs now labelled cheats etc, from where I'm sitting Leinster are not too different in terms of Irish internationals, but they don't have the same salary caps etc, nothing to see here etc.

So Sale vs Worcester postponed, but Gloucester vs Saints off. I'll accept I don't know all the facts and circumstances, especially as Saints were already low on fit props, but it does seem like two different sets of rules depending on where you are in the table, which as I've said, I really hate.

Anywho, looking forward to the games today, though lots it's edge a bit as we won't definitely know the top four until Wednesday.

Latest posts