• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 18

The irony of hoards of English people rallying to the defence of an Englishman stamping on someone's head saying how biased the Welsh are is quite outstanding.

Christ, watching that again it's even worse. If you pause it on 8 seconds you can see he's regained his balance perfectly. He's not unbalanced in anyway. Then you notice his right leg come across and he doesn't place his foot he stamps it down in a downward motion. Off balance my arse.

Literally everyone has dealt with the points as well - the Welshness was a side note as it seems to be mainly from Wales that the image of Brown as a "dirty player" stems

Christ, watching that again it's even worse. If you pause it on 8 seconds you can see he's regained his balance perfectly. He's not unbalanced in anyway. Then you notice his right leg come across and he doesn't place his foot he stamps it down in a downward motion. Off balance my arse.
He looks like he lifts his foot as soon as he realises and falls as a result as he doesn't have the other foot stable.

Either it was the least athletic and poorly balanced attempt at a stamp ever or it was an accident and he fell over.

Don't think so, but he should have - see my above post

He saw him, but didn't mean to step on him
Yeah, then there's no point carrying on this conversation. I find it unbelievable that you can genuinely think he had no idea where his head was even though he looked at him just prior to doing it. Tbh, you wouldn't even have to look at him to know where his head was. But fine, that's what you see fair enough.

Yeah, then there's no point carrying on this conversation. I find it unbelievable that you can genuinely think he had no idea where his head was even though he looked at him just prior to doing it. Tbh, you wouldn't even have to look at him to know where his head was. But fine, that's what you see fair enough.
I love how you've ignored all the evidence provided and just go back to your opinion and the bias nonsense. You literally have no idea how to debate.

Posting the video, we've all seen it and it clearly shows it as an accident. You can tell, guessing you've never played rugby or ever left Wales at a guess.

I love how you've ignored all the evidence provided and just go back to your opinion and the bias nonsense. You literally have no idea how to debate.

Posting the video, we've all seen it and it clearly shows it as an accident. You can tell, guessing you've never played rugby or ever left Wales at a guess.
This is genuinely hilarious. You literally know nothing about me (I can assure you you're wrong on literally everything) but yet resort to personal attacks because your arguments are ****.

Do you know the difference between evidence and a claim? What evidence have you posted? I've already told you I'd actually prefer to focus on each case on its own merit as that is more fair.

You saying I've watched Mike Brown loads"
Is not evidence, bud.

If it clearly shows it's an accident why do the majority of people think he's being naughty? Don't worry, I don't expect you to answer that question.

At least we put on a fun game. Gotta be honest, had to go and sit alone with my thoughts after that game for 5 mins as that was heart breaking.

Smith was fantastic and actually looked better with 14 men where he could play more off the cuff. Umaga had a good game but no where near Smith (But may be just because how quality Smith was)
Kenwright looks a solid player for Quins too and really tall for backrow. Marchant great first half but faded in second a little.

Robson was quality and so was Care but think Robson edged it. I'd love to see Robson and Spencer as England 9's going forward working with Smith. Odogwu and Fekitoa were good but didn't quite hit the heights wanted.

Again though as soon as we lost Miller in second half and Atkinson came on into a position he was unfamiliar with at Prem level, we looked a little toothless.
The second pivot for us is such a key part of our game and Atkinson didn't do that with him. I'd have switched Atkinson and Umaga around because Umaga would have felt confident to step up.

Feels more like we are prepping for next year TBH now and maybe have a scuffle with Tigers for that 8th spot.

Brown looks bad but feel like it was clumsy and reckless rather than committed stamp on purpose. Sadly not sure council will see it like that.

Nice strawman.

Look, if you honestly think that was an accident then fine, I'd say you're mad as it's clear as day he could've easily avoided doing what he did which leads me to believe it was therefore intentional. No one is ever going to know 100% what was going through his head other than Brown.

I'd say the people who are being led by their conformation bias would be you guys not me. I've got no dog in this fight even though you want to strawman me into this idea you have of what you think I think of Brown based on nothing other than I'm Welsh.

So you don't think it's possible that someone can look at that and think, hang on, that's deliberate or is that impossible. I mean, you accept it doesn't look good, right? No it must be because I'm Welsh and poor Mike Brown just totally accidentally shoed some bloke in the face. We'll see what the panel think I guess.
And I'd say you're just another Welsh fan on the Brown-hate bandwagon. I do think it's possible someone can look at that and think it's deliberate but you aren't doing that, you are trying to claim he has previous and imply he is a dirty player to justify believing it was deliberate, which is a flat out lie. You have a bias based on the collective hatred of Brown among the Welsh and now are trying to justify it after the fact, but can't say it's based on the fact he is passionate and likes a little ****le as the Welsh team are one of the worst in the world for dishing that out.

Also you point out you think it's funny 3 English people are saying it is an accident and say that proves the bias yet ignore the fact that you as a Welshman are the only one calling it deliberate and somehow don't think that proves bias. You're just being a massive hypocrite.

And I'd say you're just another Welsh fan on the Brown-hate bandwagon. I do think it's possible someone can look at that and think it's deliberate but you aren't doing that, you are trying to claim he has previous and imply he is a dirty player to justify believing it was deliberate, which is a flat out lie. You have a bias based on the collective hatred of Brown among the Welsh and now are trying to justify it after the fact, but can't say it's based on the fact he is passionate and likes a little ****le as the Welsh team are one of the worst in the world for dishing that out.

Also you point out you think it's funny 3 English people are saying it is an accident and say that proves the bias yet ignore the fact that you as a Welshman are the only one calling it deliberate and somehow don't think that proves bias. You're just being a massive hypocrite.
Am I the only one? I mean, the only one on here, sure, but the only one? I'm sure you don't think that.

So you accept some people can objectively come to that conclusion but not me because I'm Welsh. Is that your argument? Can any Welsh people justifiably think that was naughty? Or is it only people from other countries?

I said, I don't need the previous stuff to justify my argument, in fact it should be judged on its own merit. Ignore that if you prefer, just look at the incident. Why are there tonnes of English people who say it's deliberate? I've seen it be condemned by lots of people.

You seem to know me and my thoughts very well. I won't lie, I've never had loads of time for Brown but I don't hate him, I don't hate anyone. I've got a lot of time for many English players on a personal level and the fact that I don't for Mike Brown isn't really an indictment on me. Christ, his nickname is literally mr angry. That's what his own teammates call him. Is it such a stretch that mana who is renowned for his temper and short fuse just saw red and did that deliberately? I mean, most players seem to go through their entire career without doing anything like this but maybe it was just a freak accident.

I missed it in real time, but for me in that clip he knows where Taylor is, he actually seems to regain his balance and then his leg comes across far more than it needs to, to make contact with Taylor's head. His fall after is not because he was originally off-balance, but because he stood on Taylor's head and he lost his balance then. Whether he intentionally went for the head, or didn't care about Taylor's safety I don't know, but I feel he could have done far more to avoid making contact with Taylor's head and it wasn't just accidental.

Edit, sorry realised I missed the n't at the end.

Last edited:
I missed it in real time, but for me in that clip he knows where Taylor is, he actually seems to regain his balance and then his leg comes across far more than it needs to, to make contact with Taylor's head. His fall after is not because he was originally off-balance, but because he stood on Taylor's head and he lost his balance then. Whether he intentionally went for the head, or didn't care about Taylor's safety I don't know, but I feel he could have done far more to avoid making contact with Taylor's head and it was just accidental.
You're clearly being biased.

Mr Angry, not Mr Dirty or Mr Violent.

Initial reaction watching in real time was that it was outright dirty. Watching it more often I'm less convinced of that but it was probably reckless, possibly avoidable, and left Barnes little choice.

It would be a sad end for a great club servant if that's the last time he wears a Quins shirt.

Mr Angry, not Mr Dirty or Mr Violent.

Initial reaction watching in real time was that it was outright dirty. Watching it more often I'm less convinced of that but it was probably reckless, possibly avoidable, and left Barnes little choice.

It would be a sad end for a great club servant if that's the last time he wears a Quins shirt.
Yeah Mr Angry. Never said it was mr violent or whatever. Angry people tend to lash out in anger or do "reckless" stuff.

It looks worse the more I see it. He regains his balance prior to stamping in his head, he looks at him just prior to doing it, his leg kicks downward he doesn't place it down and on top of all that he brings his leg right across totally unnaturally to, funnily enough, right where the players head was.

It was clearly avoidable, most players just would've gone to ground or not lift their leg in such a way rather than risk seriously injuring a player around the eye area but Brown was, to me, in a bit of a rage and lost the plot.

I'd say trust your gut instinct when you first watched it.

Am I the only one? I mean, the only one on here, sure, but the only one? I'm sure you don't think that.

So you accept some people can objectively come to that conclusion but not me because I'm Welsh. Is that your argument? Can any Welsh people justifiably think that was naughty? Or is it only people from other countries?

I said, I don't need the previous stuff to justify my argument, in fact it should be judged on its own merit. Ignore that if you prefer, just look at the incident. Why are there tonnes of English people who say it's deliberate? I've seen it be condemned by lots of people.

You seem to know me and my thoughts very well. I won't lie, I've never had loads of time for Brown but I don't hate him, I don't hate anyone. I've got a lot of time for many English players on a personal level and the fact that I don't for Mike Brown isn't really an indictment on me. Christ, his nickname is literally mr angry. That's what his own teammates call him. Is it such a stretch that mana who is renowned for his temper and short fuse just saw red and did that deliberately? I mean, most players seem to go through their entire career without doing anything like this but maybe it was just a freak accident.
You're the only one claiming he is dirty, that's the difference.

I think it was reckless and he deserved a red, I don't agree that he is a dirty player and that he intended to stamp on his head. Yeah his nickname is Mr Angry, Phillips nickname was Spiky, doesn't mean either were dirty. Brown gets in scuffles and gets in the faces of players a lot but he has not been a dirty player his whole career and the Welsh appear to be the only ones who are convinced he is.

Should as well point out that he went up to Taylor and apologised straight away and didn't argue at all. Moment of madness, yes. Moment of foolishness, yes. Violent Thug Life and intent on Maiming, No.

You're the only one claiming he is dirty, that's the difference.

I think it was reckless and he deserved a red, I don't agree that he is a dirty player and that he intended to stamp on his head. Yeah his nickname is Mr Angry, Phillips nickname was Spiky, doesn't mean either were dirty. Brown gets in scuffles and gets in the faces of players a lot but he has not been a dirty player his whole career and the Welsh appear to be the only ones who are convinced he is.
I've never seen Mike Phillips stamp someone on the head like that but if he did I'd call him out on it. 100%

I think we're getting into semantics here. Could he have avoided doing what he did? Imo, most definitely and that therefore makes his actions deliberate. I'm not concerned with him being a dirty player or what have you. I don't think I've used that word to describe him. He's certainly quite an angry individual but whatever, I'm not really concerned if he's a squeaky clean choir boy or if he's Satan incarnate. As I've said, looking at the video imo its deliberate because he could've avoided it so it follows that he, to some degree, went out of his way to do what he did.

Latest posts