• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 18

He knew what he was doing. Hope they throw the book at him to be honest.
Really don't think he did, no prescident for him to act like that + it's really not how you would stamp if you wanted to stamp someone - more of a tread and then he immediately fell over.

Of course, I'm plagued by Quins bias, and the Welsh hate brown with a passion for some strange reason so, given the track record, I assume you share that unwarranted hatred ;)

Class try! Smith isnt just the flavour of the month he has been class all season. Worst thing for quins would be losing smith for multiple games per season. But he deserves it
An England call would be very well deserved. As good as Joe Simmonds is, I just don't think he's as consistently influential as Smith.

Allan's signing hopefully allows for us to cover the absences if Smith gets rewarded with an overdue call up.

Really don't think he did, no prescident for him to act like that + it's really not how you would stamp if you wanted to stamp someone - more of a tread and then he immediately fell over.

Of course, I'm plagued by Quins bias, and the Welsh hate brown with a passion for some strange reason so, given the track record, I assume you share that unwarranted hatred ;)
Yes. I feel the same.

A guy who has not been sent off in 400+ career games isn't generally in the business of deliberately dirty play.

Having said that, I can't help feeling that he could and should have done more to make sure he didn't step on Taylor's face.

I remember him booting some Irish player in the head once. He did a good job at making that look like an accident too.

I'm sorry but you can see him look down at him before he did it. He 100% knew where his head was. The way his foot comes across looks unnatural when you see it in slow mo. As I say, he knew what he was doing and he's got previous.

I remember him booting some Irish player in the head once. He did a good job at making that look like an accident too.

I'm sorry but you can see him look down at him before he did it. He 100% knew where his head was. The way his foot comes across looks unnatural when you see it in slow mo. As I say, he knew what he was doing and he's got previous.
The one from 2017 when the Ref, TMO and (one has to assume by extension) citing officer all felt was accidental?

Imo it looks unnatural because he was off balance as a result of Taylor having been holding his other leg. He should have been more careful absolutely, but it looks like he definitely didn't intentionally stamp on his head to me.

He has literally never been sent off - a real stretch to call that "previous"

The one from 2017 when the Ref, TMO and (one has to assume by extension) citing officer all felt was accidental?

Imo it looks unnatural because he was off balance as a result of Taylor having been holding his other leg. He should have been more careful absolutely, but it looks like he definitely didn't intentionally stamp on his head to me.
As I said, he did a good job making it look like an accident. He tried to do the same this time but wasn't as good. Pretty blatant really but I can understand you want to see the best in your player.

As I said, he did a good job making it look like an accident. He tried to do the same this time but wasn't as good. Pretty blatant really but I can understand you want to see the best in your player.
Noah may be biased but the Welsh are notorious for their burning hatred of Brown. Remember when he dared to smirk at Williams when he got tackled into touch by Underhill? The nerve of the man! So glad no Welsh player has ever gone smirking or winding up the opposition...

Looked accidental but reckless to me. Brown has a reputation for many things but, contrary to his reputation in Wales, he has never been a dirty player.

Noah may be biased but the Welsh are notorious for their burning hatred of Brown. Remember when he dared to smirk at Williams when he got tackled into touch by Underhill? The nerve of the man! So glad no Welsh player has ever gone smirking or winding up the opposition...

Looked accidental but reckless to me. Brown has a reputation for many things but, contrary to his reputation in Wales, he has never been a dirty player.
Nice strawman.

Look, if you honestly think that was an accident then fine, I'd say you're mad as it's clear as day he could've easily avoided doing what he did which leads me to believe it was therefore intentional. No one is ever going to know 100% what was going through his head other than Brown.

I'd say the people who are being led by their conformation bias would be you guys not me. I've got no dog in this fight even though you want to strawman me into this idea you have of what you think I think of Brown based on nothing other than I'm Welsh.

So you don't think it's possible that someone can look at that and think, hang on, that's deliberate or is that impossible. I mean, you accept it doesn't look good, right? No it must be because I'm Welsh and poor Mike Brown just totally accidentally shoed some bloke in the face. We'll see what the panel think I guess.

Nice strawman.

Look, if you honestly think that was an accident then fine, I'd say you're mad as it's clear as day he could've easily avoided doing what he did which leads me to believe it was therefore intentional. No one is ever going to know 100% what was going through his head other than Brown.

I'd say the people who are being led by their conformation bias would be you guys not me. I've got no dog in this fight even though you want to strawman me into this idea you have of what you think I think of Brown based on nothing other than I'm Welsh.

So you don't think it's possible that someone can look at that and think, hang on, that's deliberate or is that impossible. I mean, you accept it doesn't look good, right? No it must be because I'm Welsh and poor Mike Brown just totally accidentally shoed some bloke in the face. We'll see what the panel think I guess.
See while some of your posts are a good crack this makes me unable to take you seriously.

Brown has no previous, the kick which you bring up was 100% accidental. The stamp looks reckless with him trying to get moving again. You have so much bias sometimes you need to tone it down a little. You wouldn't be saying this if it was a welsh player now would you.

He has got previous though. He did the same thing in that Ireland game a few years ago. Even if you think both incidents were accidents you have to accept that both incidents were similar and both very reckless. If you accept that you have to question his motives, if you don't you're just being led by your confirmation bias.

Honest question, how do you think the majority of people are viewing it? Is it only Welsh people who are saying it was naughty or are there loads of people from various countries who are saying it was deliberate?

He has got previous though. He did the same thing in that Ireland game a few years ago. Even if you think both incidents were accidents you have to accept that both incidents were similar and both very reckless. If you accept that you have to question his motives, if you don't you're just being led by your confirmation bias.

Honest question, how do you think the majority of people are viewing it? Is it only Welsh people who are saying it was naughty or are there loads of people from various countries who are saying it was deliberate?
Being reckless stems from him being super competitive, you should recognise that if you previously played rugby to any standard.

But you can't say 1 other incident in his hundreds of games is previous. That's the opposite of previous. Two incidents in how ms y hundreds of minutes of rugby.

Now compare that to a high tackle from Owen Farrell, that would be fair to say he had previous.

Being reckless stems from him being super competitive, you should recognise that if you previously played rugby to any standard.

But you can't say 1 other incident in his hundreds of games is previous. That's the opposite of previous. Two incidents in how ms y hundreds of minutes of rugby.

Now compare that to a high tackle from Owen Farrell, that would be fair to say he had previous.
Well he's not going to kick someone in the face every other game is he. Most players don't even do that once in their career. Tbh, I don't really care if that Ireland incident never happened (I accept it's not conclusive) for me it's more about looking at the incident in isolation and coming to an objective conclusion.

You seem to think that only a Welshman in his infinite biased hatred towards Brown is incapable of looking at it objectively ( or at least that's the argument you and one other bloke on here has used) so I'll ask you again, is it only Welsh people who are saying it's naughty?

I find it very telling that 3 separate Englishman have all straight away used the "your Welsh your opinion doesn't matter" argument. Literally that's the first argument used. Don't attack the points I raise, don't analyse the situation really just dismiss out of hand what the other is saying based on their nationality. It's right out of the Trump playbook of debating. Yet I'm the one not being objective. You couldn't make it up.

Let's ignore the fact that lots of other people from various other countries have come to the same conclusion as me, let's ignore the fact this guy is literally called "Mr Angry" by his own teammates, ignore the fact that, whether accidental or intentional, he has literally booted people in the face before etc etc. If this was someone like Curry, or any other English player for that matter, who isn't as hot headed as brown then I'd be more willing to give benefit of the doubt but to be honest, the incident is pretty clear to me. You either think he had no idea where the players head was or you think he does. If you accept he knows where his head is then you have to ask yourself could he have avoided that situation.

I find it very telling that 3 separate Englishman have all straight away used the "your Welsh your opinion doesn't matter" argument. Literally that's the first argument used. Don't attack the points I raise, don't analyse the situation really just dismiss out of hand what the other is saying based on their nationality. It's right out of the Trump playbook of debating. Yet I'm the one not being objective. You couldn't make it up.

Let's ignore the fact that lots of other people from various other countries have come to the same conclusion as me, let's ignore the fact this guy is literally called "Mr Angry" by his own teammates, ignore the fact that, whether accidental or intentional, he has literally booted people in the face before etc etc. If this was someone like Curry, or any other English player for that matter, who isn't as hot headed as brown then I'd be more willing to give benefit of the doubt but to be honest, the incident is pretty clear to me. You either think he had no idea where the players head was or you think he does. If you accept he knows where his head is then you have to ask yourself could he have avoided that situation.
We did discuss the points but if I'm honest you don't seem to know how to debate something. One other incident in x amount of minutes playing doesn't give him previous. That's a fact, your opinion doesn't really matter, that 'previous' incident wouldn't of been taken into consideration in a disciplinary of count as previous in a court of law.

You do have precious though for being anti English and making random just 'because'. You ever even consider that you are biased? Because you come across really biased most of the time but some of its jokey and some not.

Maybe we are right and you are simply wrong, you ever consider that?

We did discuss the points but if I'm honest you don't seem to know how to debate something. One other incident in x amount of minutes playing doesn't give him previous. That's a fact, your opinion doesn't really matter, that 'previous' incident wouldn't of been taken into consideration in a disciplinary of count as previous in a court of law.

You do have precious though for being anti English and making random just 'because'. You ever even consider that you are biased? Because you come across really biased most of the time but some of its jokey and some not.

Maybe we are right and you are simply wrong, you ever consider that?
You going to answer my question. That's how you debate in good faith.

I'll write it again so you can ignore it for a 3rd time.

Is it only Welsh people who have come to the same conclusion as me or are there many people from a variety of different places that agree it looked intentional?

I'll write it again so you can ignore it for a 3rd time.

Is it only Welsh people who have come to the same conclusion as me or are there many people from a variety of different places that agree it looked intentional?
Nationally shouldn't matter but obviously it does to you because of your bias. It doesn't matter if 10 Irish people on Facebook think it's deliberate though does it or if 10 English people do. We are taking about your bias which is obvious. It's ok to admit that.

The point is, Brown has no previous but has proved he's extremely competitive and can at times be reckless. Having watched tons of games with brown in on tv and live I know that evidence to be correct.

But let's ignore all that because some person has on Facebook also agrees with you so they must be right. Let's ignore the hundreds of hours of games he's played. That is evidence, everything you discuss is opinion.

Nationally shouldn't matter but obviously it does to you because of your bias. It doesn't matter if 10 Irish people on Facebook think it's deliberate though does it or if 10 English people do. We are taking about your bias which is obvious. It's ok to admit that.

The point is, Brown has no previous but has proved he's extremely competitive and can at times be reckless. Having watched tons of games with brown in on tv and live I know that evidence to be correct.

But let's ignore all that because some person has on Facebook also agrees with you so they must be right. Let's ignore the hundreds of hours of games he's played. That is evidence, everything you discuss is opinion.
So, you agree that many people from Ireland, England or any other country can come to the same conclusion as me. Are they all biased as well, even the English ones, or is it just me?

Latest posts