• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 6

Gloucester should consider telling all their players to self isolate for the rest of the season,

16 games, 2pts a game, they'll end the season on 38pts
Bottom of the table the last few seasons (excluding Sarries) was 29pts, 31pts, 22pts, 20pts - nice safe 9th/10th/11th place

Who's the other guy on comms? Presume a current or ex player?
Sounds like this kid

Some of the refs decisions are honestly bewildering. Not sure which Exeter player it was, but he disrupting the ruck and then told not to touch the ball, so he's clearly part of the ruck and not behind the offside line. A Bristol forward picks up the ball and the Exeter player in the ruck tackles him, all right in front of the ref. How is that not offside?

Lol, I thought touch judge was saying white, white, white for penalty against Bristol and Dickson gave it against black. Maybe I heard wrong though.

When was the last time that the Chiefs lost 2 games in a row getting 0 points, they always seem to get something.

Fair play to Bristol

Crap, didn't realise Randall was eligible for Wales. This stupidity around 9's for England could really cost us.

When was the last time that the Chiefs lost 2 games in a row getting 0 points, they always seem to get something.

Fair play to Bristol
Yeah, big shift in momentum as they were looking a bit unbeatable after the first 4 games. Opens the league right up, especially with Covid cancellations affecting it.

Crap, didn't realise Randall was eligible for Wales. This stupidity around 9's for England could really cost us.
To be fair he's always said he's English
Might change in a year or two when Youngs is still starting and no one else is getting a look in, but atm he said he wants to play for England

To be fair he's always said he's English
Might change in a year or two when Youngs is still starting and no one else is getting a look in, but atm he said he wants to play for England
Makes me feel slightly better, but as you say, what happens when he doesn't feel like he has a future for England?

Personally don't think Randall would be that huge of a loss anyway. He's good for sure but I don't think he'll ever really be a top flight international.

Plus if there's one position that Wales really don't have to worry about too much at the moment then 9 is right up there with 7 and 15.

Yes, but I wouldn't put it past them capping him so we can't.

I'd like to see him in the squad. He's come on a lot in the last little while and is a lot more consistent.

To be fair, I don't think we've missed a trick with him. He looks ready now, but a year ago, no-one really knew if he was going to cut it in the Premiership. To have called him up before now probably wouldn't have been entirely deserved.

Yes, but I wouldn't put it past them capping him so we can't.

I'd like to see him in the squad. He's come on a lot in the last little while and is a lot more consistent.

To be fair, I don't think we've missed a trick with him. He looks ready now, but a year ago, no-one really knew if he was going to cut it in the Premiership. To have called him up before now probably wouldn't have been entirely deserved.
He did seem to struggle a bit from U20 to senior. At U20 he looked fantastic. Bit of a quiet start to seniors but it feels like he is getting better rather than stagnating. Personally I'd still rate Spencer as the one I think we should really go for but Jones doesn't like him for whatever reason. Randall is able to play a fast game in a way that Youngs can't do day in day out. If he just ups his game control and his box kicking (Which I think is Jones' priority for a 9) then he could be the all around game changer England need.

Yeah. It's a weird one.

Spencer seems the natural fit for Eddie's England, but hey ho ...

Youngs has actually been fairly good this season, but Robson isn't really piling the pressure on and Randall is definitely worth a decent look.

Yeah. It's a weird one.

Spencer seems the natural fit for Eddie's England, but hey ho ...

Youngs has actually been fairly good this season, but Robson isn't really piling the pressure on and Randall is definitely worth a decent look.
In fairness to Robson he hasn't exactly been given huge opportunity, his playing style doesn't really lend to England's insistence on kicking constantly, it's not so much I don't think he's good enough just the game plan and him don't really compliment each other, you probably need some descent game time to build a bit of familiarity in the squad and confidence, I have to confess Spencer does seem a more obvious choice based on game plan and the familiarity with Faz when at 10 but then we also don't know if this kicking is a constant or will be just part of the game plan going forward.

Watching the preview I can't help but wonder if Dombrandt is playing the "wrong" position and should switch to 12?

Think he could be a sensation there given his size coupled with handling and the running lines he cuts...not to mention that backrow experience coming in very handy for turnovers in midfield.

Latest posts