English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 09.05.29.png

(Premiership Rugby haven't updated their fixture list yet so we'll have to make do with the BBC's ugly fixtures)

I think the winner of Bristol vs Quins will take the ***le,

Exeter vs Sale is too attritional, both sides knocking lumps out of each other two weeks on the trot - they're going to be held together with duct tape when they rock up at Twickenham

Bristol have just had an extra week of rest, and Quins rested their stars two weeks ago and then had a pretty easy run out last week to stretch the legs and build some confidence

I can go along with that.

As I've said previously, I'm expecting at least one upset from the semis.

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale's chances. Rob du Preez is an adequate replacement, but AJ is a much better player IMO.

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale's chances.
Nothing yet, but BOD, on comms, predicted his season being done (can't remember which knee ligament he guessed at it being, but he seemed pretty confident based on how the medics were testing it/how it occurred - even if it's a strain not a tear)

I think the winner of Bristol vs Quins will take the ***le,

Exeter vs Sale is too attritional, both sides knocking lumps out of each other two weeks on the trot - they're going to be held together with duct tape when they rock up at Twickenham

Bristol have just had an extra week of rest, and Quins rested their stars two weeks ago and then had a pretty easy run out last week to stretch the legs and build some confidence
Yeah, although Chiefs have been there and done it and won it before - they've been in the last 5 finals - and that experience is likely to count for a lot.

If not Chiefs then Bristol for me. Quins have been fantastic to watch, but their defence is just a bit too leaky. Sharks absolutely have a puncher's chance but Chiefs away after last weekend is a tough ask.

Nothing yet, but BOD, on comms, predicted his season being done (can't remember which knee ligament he guessed at it being, but he seemed pretty confident based on how the medics were testing it/how it occurred - even if it's a strain not a tear)
Yep. Looked season-ending. A massive shame for him and so innocuous looking.

The more I think about it, the injuries and bans make this very interesting ...

Anyone know the situation with Vermeulen? If he and Kirsten are injured and Ewers and Skinner are banned, that dramatically changes Exeter's back row and will surely limit the effectiveness of their usual gameplan.

MacGinty will be a huge loss for Sale, but Rob du Preez is a capable 10 and if Akker is out, the drop off to Langdon isn't that big (I'd argue it actually improves their set piece).

I can go along with that.

As I've said previously, I'm expecting at least one upset from the semis.

Any update on AJ MacGinty? I would have thought his injury is pretty material to Sale's chances. Rob du Preez is an adequate replacement, but AJ is a much better player IMO.

Sale were your favourites a couple of weeks ago .so I assume the upset would be Chiefs winning?

Ewers has been cited and I don't see how he's going to come away from it without a ban. If we're missing him, Gray, Vermeulen and Skinner next week then I struggle to see Chiefs getting the win.

If whoever wins out of Sale and Exeter come away with another group of injuries/citations etc...then winner of Bristol vs Harlequins will be favourites.

Ewers has been cited and I don't see how he's going to come away from it without a ban. If we're missing him, Gray, Vermeulen and Skinner next week then I struggle to see Chiefs getting the win.
Indeed. Who does that leave? Armand, Capstick and Witty?

Sale will miss MacGinty for sure, but other than him, they're pretty much at full strength. Rob du Preez is not a bad second choice either.

Sale were your favourites a couple of weeks ago .so I assume the upset would be Chiefs winning?
I'm still backing Sale to be champions. Given the developments, you might argue that Exeter may be the underdogs, but you know that's not what I was talking about.

It's only in the last few weeks that anyone has seriously considered anything other than a Bristol vs. Exeter final.

Chiefs are heavy favourites with the bookies (1.33 vs 3.40, handicap reckons they'll win by 7+)
Also firm favourites for the trophy (1.83 vs 3.30 vs 6.50 vs 10.0, for the top 4)

So as much as they want to be the underdogs...

Looking for a bit of positive, Jack could be back for Cuthbert.

Chiefs are heavy favourites with the bookies (1.33 vs 3.40, handicap reckons they'll win by 7+)
Also firm favourites for the trophy (1.83 vs 3.30 vs 6.50 vs 10.0, for the top 4)

So as much as they want to be the underdogs...
Chiefs fans know they are favourites (just)
Its the non chiefs fans that are saying SAle are faves.

Latest posts