• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 2018/19 Round 12

Just caught up with the highlights from the weekend, a few things -

Please, can we get Dombrandt in an England shirt?! As Gustard says, still has the body of a uni player but get him into a training camp early and let him compete and show his worth.
Tuilagi's consistent playing time coinciding with Tigers return to form? A lot of the line breaks are coming from his dummy lines or defenders desperate to mark him.
Brown is looking more and more like the England 15 for the 6N and World Cup, we need that solidity in the back three.
Tom Curry is becoming England's best 7 option, completely battered Saracens on Friday. Love the battle with Underhill for the 7 shirt, but just need Underhill to stay un-concussed for a few weeks.

I can see Youngs, Ford, Daly, Farrell, Tuilagi, May, Brown being the starting backline for Dublin...

Just caught up with the highlights from the weekend, a few things -

Please, can we get Dombrandt in an England shirt?! As Gustard says, still has the body of a uni player but get him into a training camp early and let him compete and show his worth.
Tuilagi's consistent playing time coinciding with Tigers return to form? A lot of the line breaks are coming from his dummy lines or defenders desperate to mark him.
Brown is looking more and more like the England 15 for the 6N and World Cup, we need that solidity in the back three.
Tom Curry is becoming England's best 7 option, completely battered Saracens on Friday. Love the battle with Underhill for the 7 shirt, but just need Underhill to stay un-concussed for a few weeks.

I can see Youngs, Ford, Daly, Farrell, Tuilagi, May, Brown being the starting backline for Dublin...

Looks promising with Billy and Manu In the line up you wouldn't think we would be lacking for penitration like we have for the last 18 months, slight shame we have Ireland first would have liked to see the team get a little time to gel before facing probably the toughest game of the 6 nations.

If picking on form Marchant probably deserves an oppertunity, not saying the opener against Ireland should be that, but somewhere in this 6 nations.

Tuala is messing up every time he gets near the ball and seriously costing Saints.

Dingwall's been impressively recently. I remember criticising his attacking game during the U20 World Cup, although his defence was outstanding, but he seems to have really improved his attacking game as well.

TBH, his decision-making wasn't good in the AIs either ... he looks very off form at the moment and increasingly petulant which isn't an endearing development.

I agree that forwards getting on top naturally allows a fly half to play, however that won't always happen my long standing criticism of Ford has been that he hasn't attempted many line breaks, isn't solid in the tackle and place kicking hadn't been consistent, recently he has shown the player he can be and for more than a game at a time, it seems to me he has finally rediscovered his form which we simply haven't seen to much of (consistantly) since the whole Mike Ford Bath antics.
Ford went well, but the one that really caught my eye was Grobler from Glaws. Caused havoc all over the place.

Latest posts