• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 13

Gotta be poor fundamentals - Wasps were playing bin juice ahead of him at 2 before
I'm not sure if playing 8 is that easier of a path - Binny coming back to form, Dombrandt and Simmonds in the squad, Curry playing there for some reason

I do expect him to get into the backrow sooner rather than later, but we've little depth at 2 for England, and at the time he would've been making his decision we were down to the bare bones and if he were any good he'd have waltzed into the side at 2

Wasps also have Willis at 8, and no one special at hooker (Frost looks really promising, but Oghre isn't great), so they'd have kept him there if he was good

So i also don't really understand the switch. Unless he's really rubbish at throwing then I can't see why he switches.

Oghre is a good player, but lineouts have been suspect for a while, needs practice.

Frost is Cruse reborn for me. He looks completely at home in the Prem and did a really interesting interview at the weekend talking about Champ rugby.

Should've been a penalty try anyway
"Can't be a penalty try because they stood up...which is a penalty offence...which I'm awarding a penalty for"

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Just ruined my Monday by rewatching the last 10 minutes of that shower yesterday.

To lose a winning streak like that is so infuriating.

I will have accepted this defeat by roughly June 4th..

Karma for the Saracens game, though, tbh

London Lads sticking together (I refuse to accept Wasps as a Midlands side)

Just ruined my Monday by rewatching the last 10 minutes of that shower yesterday.

To lose a winning streak like that is so infuriating.

I will have accepted this defeat by roughly June 4th..
Leicester did a tactical lose to stop the irish from gloating when they win next week.

You're welcome England
Karma for the Saracens game, though, tbh

London Lads sticking together (I refuse to accept Wasps as a Midlands side)
Viva La "London" Wasps!

Barbeary hasn't played hooker since 2019 nothing has changed since then so I don't get why it's coming down to Eddie.

He wouldn't be getting ahead of Frost either.

Not all coming down to Jones, but we know that he was consulted over the switch, so international prospects have to come into it. Jones is also now working to very short time horizons, so in reality is only really interested in what is going to help him in France. He's not even got the time for a 2 year project now, and what happens after France is someone else's problem.

Barbeary has said that he was leaning towards back row and if Olyy's suspicions about the basics are right that makes it a no brainer.

But it would be interesting to have the full story one day.

So i also don't really understand the switch. Unless he's really rubbish at throwing then I can't see why he switches.

Oghre is a good player, but lineouts have been suspect for a while, needs practice.

Frost is Cruse reborn for me. He looks completely at home in the Prem and did a really interesting interview at the weekend talking about Champ rugby.
I agree.

My understanding is that he wants to be an 8. His x-factor is his carrying, but there's a lot more to being a number at than that and I'm not sure ball-carrying alone is enough to propel him above any of the actual number 8s (including Willis at club level).

He seems to be pretty good over the ball and having played at centre for a while, I'm assuming his passing game must be reasonable, but he's never going to be a lineout jumper and he'd have a massive amount to learn about the positional side of being an 8.

Perhaps he could be better used in a Ewers type role at 6, but assuming Jack Willis comes back in good nick, Barbeary wouldn't make my starting XV if I were the Wasps coach. I'd have Shields at 6, Jack at 7 and Tom at 8. Much better balance and less compromises.

I agree.

My understanding is that he wants to be an 8. His x-factor is his carrying, but there's a lot more to being a number at than that and I'm not sure ball-carrying alone is enough to propel him above any of the actual number 8s (including Willis at club level).

He seems to be pretty good over the ball and having played at centre for a while, I'm assuming his passing game must be reasonable, but he's never going to be a lineout jumper and he'd have a massive amount to learn about the positional side of being an 8.

Perhaps he could be better used in a Ewers type role at 6, but assuming Jack Willis comes back in good nick, Barbeary wouldn't make my starting XV if I were the Wasps coach. I'd have Shields at 6, Jack at 7 and Tom at 8. Much better balance and less compromises.
Realistically, Shields and J Willis can both Jump.. if we field T Willis, J Willis and Barbeary, that's only one jumping backrow (i think T Willis jumps a little but not much).

Therefore, we have a nightmare at line out as only 3 jumping options. I wish they had trialled him at hooker for at least the end of this season then make the decision.

Latest posts