• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 15

I reckon you'll sign Morozov when his loan at Bath is done
Maybe one or two other eastern European/Russian players - he has a lot of links with clubs out there from his time as Russia's head coach

Maybe I'm wrong but Diamond never really brought in too much heft at his time with sale when he had a limited budget.

Their tight 5 was always a massive weakness

Not a loan,
Ah yeah, I meant short term but had a brain fart

It's definitely a possibility he stays at Bath (and if I were Bath I'd look to keep him) but he and Dimes are mates and have known each other since Val was an age grade player in Russia, so could be a factor in deciding where he stays

Maybe I'm wrong but Diamond never really brought in too much heft at his time with sale when he had a limited budget.
He did well with a limited budget, I think

WillGriff John in from the championship, now a tier 1 international
Vadim Cobilas in from Amateur rugby in Russia - still tearing it up at Bordeaux despite being(/looking like he's) in his mid 50s, and regularly makes the team of the week in the Top 14
Ostrokov and Morozov both plucked from obscurity and went well in the Prem

He once said, when we got our new owners, we wouldn't be shopping in Lidl anymore, but I think he was actually better shopping in Lidl vs Waitrose

Oosthuizen vs Cobilas is no contest, for example

He did well with a limited budget, I think

WillGriff John in from the championship, now a tier 1 international
Vadim Cobilas in from Amateur rugby in Russia - still tearing it up at Bordeaux despite being(/looking like he's) in his mid 50s, and regularly makes the team of the week in the Top 14
Ostrokov and Morozov both plucked from obscurity and went well in the Prem

He once said, when we got our new owners, we wouldn't be shopping in Lidl anymore, but I think he was actually better shopping in Lidl vs Waitrose

Oosthuizen vs Cobilas is no contest, for example

Bruhh GIF by reactionseditor

IDK I think as one offs they are good but as unit it just didn't really work v Stronger teams which is why he was never really fighting for anything other than 6th place on the whole.

Wasps.PNG

I'd say thats about as strong as we have at the moment. A few boys not available (T Willis, J Willis, Youngs, Frost, Minozzi, Crossdale etc) but thats about as good as we get. Feel like even down at Sandy Park we have to push for the win here.

Exeter Team:

Hepburn, Innard, Schickerling, Kirsten, Jenkins, Ewers, Capstick, Grondona -- S Maunder, Simmonds, O'Flaherty, Skinner, Hendrickson, Woodburn, Hodge
Bench: Yeandle, Moon, Iosefa-Scott, Pearson, Norey, Hidalgo-Clyne, O'Brien, Cordero

Newcastle Falcons team v Bristol Bears (Saturday, 2pm, Ashton Gate)

15 Mike Brown, 14 Adam Radwan, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Pete Lucock, 11 Nathan Earle, 10 Will Haydon-Wood, 9 Sam Stuart; 1 Adam Brocklebank, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Mark Tampin, 4 Greg Peterson, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Gary Graham, 7 Will Welch (captain), 8 Callum Chick.

Replacements: 16 Robbie Smith, 17 Conrad Cade, 18 Trevor Davison, 19 Josh Basham, 20 Connor Collett, 21 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti, 22 Brett Connon, 23 Tom Penny.

Mike Brown continues...how on earth???
Earle on the wing...Meh

At least WHW is starting at 10....

Faf, Manu and Wiese back,
Rodd, Raffi and Ashman not needed for 6N duties

<3

TEAM-NEWS-QUINS-WEB.jpg

273379380_5165481236798094_3973398331101549387_n.jpg

272942352_10161486122587926_3963814745584622468_n.jpg

That's a big, powerful back 5 of the scrum there.
I wonder if we're worried about Saracens' power.

Sees 2 academy players on the bench - nope, just last-man standing - again

Jackson's kicking from hand has been terrible - as has LIs lineout
Even with those two aspects, though, it's mad Irish are still pointless
They've looked so much better than Gloucester

That was definitely the definition of an ugly win tonight as Irish seemed to be top in everything but the scoreline
Our defence in the first 20 mins won us the game. A repeat of this next week against Northampton and I won't complain too much

Good lord, Gloucester are 2nd in the table. Are we at the end times yet? The sky doesn't appear to be falling down outside.

Even crazier to think that this time last year we were where you guys currently are, it's certainly been a turnaround.

Even crazier to think that this time last year we were where you guys currently are, it's certainly been a turnaround.
I don't like this swap, can we return to where we were? I'll even throw in some genetic diversity to sweeten the deal.

That was definitely the definition of an ugly win tonight as Irish seemed to be top in everything but the scoreline
Our defence in the first 20 mins won us the game. A repeat of this next week against Northampton and I won't complain too much

EDIT: Not sure why I thought we were playing Saints next week! I meant away to Exeter