• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 15

Home wins across the board Apart from Quins I reckon.

Sale will be full of confidence after beating the league leaders, we'll be the opposite after losing to the side at the bottom.

A lot will depend on injuries for us. A fit Lewies, Chisholm and Lawday would make a big difference and hopefully Collier and Lamb are fit after going off early on Friday. Without them, we're scraping the barrel for forwards and as the Bath game showed, it's not much good having a nice set of backs if they don't see the ball.

All Sale need to do is copy Bath's blueprint which they're more than good enough to do.

I hate Sunday games, we've had like 4 in a row now

I feel more confident about this game than I would have before, but still very aware of how up and down our form can be, and how poorly we played for 55mins yesterday

It was good to see Langdon play well off the bench as I imagine Ashman will be unavailable this week

Well the last time we lost at home to Irish in the league it was Skivington who scored both the game's tries so lets hope that little stat remains in tact come 10pm on Friday!

Should be a decent game though.

So.... and i reckon i will put a bet on this.

Irish Win - Just have a feeling that with a few key players missing in the backs, Glaws might struggle. You remove LRZ, May, Atkinson and Harris then it could be dicey. Irish have a strong looking line up.
Bears Win - Bears looking back to best and will play well at home.
Wasps Win - Bold call but depending on how many Exeter guys are missing it could be close. Wasps have a fairly strong line up with the likes of Launchbury, Robson, Fifita, Odogwu, Fekitoa, Stooke etc back it could be a good cheeky bet.
Leicester Win - Leicester to pull their socks up after last week and grind a win out against Wuss.
Sarries Win - Sarries to bounce back too. Bath will put a real fight up thought
Sale Win - Sale to use that SA contingent and a magical McGingty to go after an understrength Quins.

So we see Quirke, Barbeary, Heyes, Northmore, Lynagh, Radwan and Bailey return to the teams.

Actually makes Quins vs Sale much more interesting as suddenly Sale have a top operator at 9 and Quins backline is strengthened. With Bath, depending if Redpath/Bayliss are retained, it could make that game much closer.

Also on the Wasps front, Barbeary may not start but defo be on the bench, for once i would say we size up vs Exeter.

Also just seen what Exeter fans are quoting as their injury/absentee list for our game potentially ... JESUS

Hepburn (?), Moon, LCD, Williams, Street, Nixon, Gray, Skinner, Hill, Witty, Lonsdale, Tshiunza (?), McCauley, Armand, Vermuelen, Capstick, Hinkley, Grondona, Simmonds, Tuima, Townsend, SHC (or out of favour?), Devoto, Slade, Nowell, Hogg

@Scotty or one of the other Exeter guys, you will know this.... realistic injury/absentee list?

Also just seen what Exeter fans are quoting as their injury/absentee list for our game potentially ... JESUS

Hepburn (?), Moon, LCD, Williams, Street, Nixon, Gray, Skinner, Hill, Witty, Lonsdale, Tshiunza (?), McCauley, Armand, Vermuelen, Capstick, Hinkley, Grondona, Simmonds, Tuima, Townsend, SHC (or out of favour?), Devoto, Slade, Nowell, Hogg

@Scotty or one of the other Exeter guys, you will know this.... realistic injury/absentee list?
Ill be honest im not sure as i havnt been following it that closely in recent months but alot of them are first choice or in contention so injury likly is whats keeping them out. Armand went off injured last game i think but not sure his availability.

But thats a bad list to have missing when injuries and international call ups mix like that.

Although as a Wasps fan you now how bad an injury list can be.

Cant wait to see another ponderous, inept insipid game from the falcons. Could be a cricket score this one.

I do think Bristol could go on a bit of a run now Luatua, Radradra and Naulago are back.

Honestly I can see
Glous v Irish = TBP Draw
Bears TBP win
Wasps TBP win v Exeter LBP
Tigers TBP win
Saracens win v Bath LBP
Sale TBP win v Quins TBP + LBP

Manu and Faf back in full training and might be available this weekend

Out of interest @EdBirch, what are you expecting from Dimes? Not so much for this season but for next, do you think you will see a fair turnover of players?
For this season I expect he'll do the best with what he has, hopefully install a bit of dog and fight in us that has been lacking. I feel there'll be a decent turnover in the forwards as that is where we lack size and strength. Next season i would want us to be able to compete up front, provide a stable platform for the backs.

Overall i don't think anyone is anticipating over night success but a couple of places up the table would be nice.

For this season I expect he'll do the best with what he has, hopefully install a bit of dog and fight in us that has been lacking. I feel there'll be a decent turnover in the forwards as that is where we lack size and strength. Next season i would want us to be able to compete up front, provide a stable platform for the backs.

Overall i don't think anyone is anticipating over night success but a couple of places up the table would be nice.
Fair enough. I think logically you are correct, your backline can be leathal but always thought that tight 5 looked a little weak especially with Baldwin heading off. I wonder how far Wuss are under the salary cap? I'd expect there may be some easy/good pick ups coming up as clubs trim their squads.

Fair enough. I think logically you are correct, your backline can be leathal but always thought that tight 5 looked a little weak especially with Baldwin heading off. I wonder how far Wuss are under the salary cap? I'd expect there may be some easy/good pick ups coming up as clubs trim their squads.
I think with Ashton, Bresler and now Baldwin going, it'll help give us some wiggle room, but i don't know further than that as we don't know who is out of contract etc.

Hoping Dimes can work his magic with operating on less money and still bring in talent and heft

Latest posts