• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 22

Right. Clear red missed and then the next day, Karl Dixon desperately tries to seal himself a place on the RWC23 team by giving Woodburn a second yellow. Ahhhhhh.

Its not fair that refs can just pick and choose what they enforce and every player has to stay silent. If Jack should be in trouble then Dickson should be also.

So... Dickson should be in trouble for being right, but Jack shouldn't be in trouble for calling a right thing, wrong?

Makes sense.

So... Dickson should be in trouble for being right, but Jack shouldn't be in trouble for calling a right thing, wrong?

Makes sense.
Woodburn didn't dive on the player, he dove on the floor and slid in to the player to try and stop them scoring, so what Dickson said was incorrect. Dickson should be in trouble for picking that specific law to try and implement but failing on the all the others, like how you should enter a ruck, diving into a tackle, feeding in the scrum etc. He can't just pick and choose what he decides to ref that day.

Makes sense.
Right or Wrong decisions aside do/should refs get punished/bans for bad decisions/wrong decision that affect the outcome of a game?

Right or Wrong decisions aside do/should refs get punished/bans for bad decisions/wrong decision that affect the outcome of a game?
Yes.
Their performance is reviewed after every game, they sometimes get demoted a a bit, sometimes a lot.

It's kept private in order to not undermine their authority.

Yes.
Their performance is reviewed after every game, they sometimes get demoted a a bit, sometimes a lot.

It's kept private in order to not undermine their authority.
Do you think it would be better to publicly announce the wrong calls etc so that the public gain more faith in a very cloak and dagger system?

I can't decide if that would be a good thing or not but they need to be more open to gain some trust back.

Do you think it would be better to publicly announce the wrong calls etc so that the public gain more faith in a very cloak and dagger system?

I can't decide if that would be a good thing or not but they need to be more open to gain some trust back.
No, simply because fans will focus on the few negatives and not on the positives.

Every ref makes wrong calls and some are worse than others, but they are doing a difficult job and have to make split second decisions based on a limited view without the benefit of hindsight. (Yes I know Dickson was watching the big screen, but in general they don't have that luxury). What needs to happen more is raising the standard of referees. For some reason some refs who consistently get things wrong are promoted like Dickson, Adamson or Brace. I don't know why but the quality isn't good enough. However, pouring over their mistakes will not help them.

Woodburn didn't dive on the player, he dove on the floor and slid in to the player to try and stop them scoring, so what Dickson said was incorrect. Dickson should be in trouble for picking that specific law to try and implement but failing on the all the others, like how you should enter a ruck, diving into a tackle, feeding in the scrum etc. He can't just pick and choose what he decides to ref that day.
Every ref I've ever known picks and chooses what laws he's enforcing that day. Rugby would be unplayable and nightmare if all the laws were enforced. Still I'd love to see that one game with straight feeds, no shoulders below hips at rucks etc. It would be glorious amusing chaos.

Last edited:

The nba announces last 2 minute reports for games and it never clears up controversy

Latest posts