• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 21

Damn loz talks nonsense, he's consistant 3 pens then yellow, no Exe YC was a YC incident in its own right…

This game is fustrating, Chiefs not looking bad in attack but soooo fustrsting at the stupid mistakes and inaccuracy. I mean we gifted Ashton his second. The right team is rightly and deservedly ahead but not good enough by chiefs.

No.20 infront of the ruck and just holds for a second blocking woodburn by a second.

The comeback is on! I hope!
It wasnt but honestly after that performance ill take the LBP.

Glous will be on 58 points because of Wuss, with a game in hand. So in their hands.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
We did it so well....I give up.
100% the better team. Thought the ref had a strange game. Sometimes looked in complete control and at other times not sure on his decisions. Thought Lockwood lookes a good player yesterday btw.

Just watched Sarries vs Bristol highlights, Bristol were so unlucky no to win that game, 1 slightly better pass as they get the BP point win.

So 5 rounds left i know chiefs have a lack of form and a hard run in plus injuries.

Who has the hardest run in?

Can some one make the 'run in' thread for general discussion between now and the end of the season. I dont have the time to look through who's playing who for the final 5 rounds and create the thread.

4th on 57 and 9th 48 points. While v likely Quins will be there they are only on 63 points. With 20 to 25 points remaining(deoending on bye weeks.

Leicester P 20 Pts 80
Quins A
Bristol H
Newcastle A
Wasps H

Saracens P 19 Pts 68
Sale A
Exeter H
Worcester A
Northampton H
Gloucester A

Harlequins P 19 Pts 63
London Irish A
Leicester H
Northampton A
Gloucester H
Exeter A

Exeter P 20 Pts 57

Bath H
Saracens A
Bristol A
Harlequins H

Sale P 20 Pts 55
Saracens H
Newcastle H
Wasps A
Bristol H

Gloucester P 18 Pts 54 *Awaiting panel ruling on Worcester game but pts likely to increase by 4
Wasps H
Bristol A
Bath H
Harlequins A
Saracens H

Northampton P 19 Pts 53
Bristol H
Bath A
Harlequins H
Saracens A
Newcastle H

London Irish P 20 Pts 53

Harlequins H
Newcastle A
Wasps H
Bath A

Wasps P 19 Pts 48
Gloucester A
Worcester H
London Irish A
Sale H
Leicester A

Bristol P 19 Pts 36
Northampton A
Gloucester H
Leicester A
Exeter H
Sale A

Worcester P 19 Pts 30 * P 20 with Gloucester cancellation
Newcastle H
Wasps A
Saracens H
Bath H

Newcastle P 19 Pts 27

Worcester A
London Irish H
Sale A
Leicester H
Northampton A

Bath P 19 Pts 27

Exeter A
Northampton H
Gloucester A
London Irish H
Worcester A

Leicester P 20 Pts 80
Quins A
Bristol H
Newcastle A
Wasps H

Saracens P 19 Pts 68
Sale A
Exeter H
Worcester A
Northampton H
Gloucester A

Harlequins P 19 Pts 63
London Irish A
Leicester H
Northampton A
Gloucester H
Exeter A

Exeter P 20 Pts 57
Bath H
Saracens A
Bristol A
Harlequins H

Sale P 20 Pts 55
Saracens H
Newcastle H
Wasps A
Bristol H

Gloucester P 18 Pts 54 *Awaiting panel ruling on Worcester game but pts likely to increase by 4
Wasps H
Bristol A
Bath H
Harlequins A
Saracens H

Northampton P 19 Pts 53
Bristol H
Bath A
Harlequins H
Saracens A
Newcastle H

London Irish P 20 Pts 53
Harlequins H
Newcastle A
Wasps H
Bath A

Wasps P 19 Pts 48
Gloucester A
Worcester H
London Irish A
Sale H
Leicester A

Bristol P 19 Pts 36
Northampton A
Gloucester H
Leicester A
Exeter H
Sale A

Worcester P 19 Pts 30 * P 20 with Gloucester cancellation
Newcastle H
Wasps A
Saracens H
Bath H

Newcastle P 19 Pts 27
Worcester A
London Irish H
Sale A
Leicester H
Northampton A

Bath P 19 Pts 27
Exeter A
Northampton H
Gloucester A
London Irish H
Worcester A
Nice one make the Run in thread with this please

I'd say the cut off for the playoffs is looking around 70 points, possibly a bit higher, but unlikely considering a lot of the teams in contention are playing each other.

Leicester should finish top as I can see them getting at least 2 wins out of their final 3 games, though depending on results they could decide to rest players a bit more now.

Sarries should get second as I can see them winning almost all their games and probably getting bonus points on top. They are probably the only team realistically who could pip Leicester to first, but they can't drop anymore points really. Also they seem to have one of the most injury free squads currently. However, they are playing 4 teams chasing the top 4, so they could drop points.

Quins should have a 5 point lead over Gloucester once the covid result is resolved, but they have some tough games all against others chasing the playoffs except Leicester and they're first. Quins vs Gloucester could well be a key match.

Exeter have one game less than Quins, Gloucester and Saints, so really need to win everything. Don't see them beating Sarries, so they need BP wins against Bath and Bristol and then probably will also have to beat Quins.

Sale also only have 4 games, so need to pretty much win them all. Again don't think they'll beat Sarries, so need to win the final 3 games. Wasps could be tricky away and if they lose that then I think they're done.

Gloucester should move up to 4th and have 5 games left. They really need to win their next 3 and hopefully give themselves some daylight if other results go their way so that they are playing Quins for 3rd and then don't have to worry about beating Sarries.

If Saints play like they did against Irish then they have a chance, especially with BPs. They need to beat Bath, Bristol and Newcastle with BPs and then beat either Quins or Sarries, possibly both to qualify.

Irish really need to win all their games with only 4 left and even then it might not be enough. Need other results to go their way too. Also aren't playing the final weekend, which will be horrible if they are 4th at that point.

Wasps have a very slim chance, but considering many team above a playing each other then someone is going to get points above them, so they would need to win everything and see the points above distributed very evenly. Not going to make it and have too much ground to make up.

Bristol basically looking to upset those above them. Playing 4 of the teams in the play off hunt so can affect the outcome. Could pip Wasps in the table, but unlikely considering how they've been playing.

Worcester have big games against Newcastle and Bath to see who finishes bottom. Both at home so chance is as good as it gets.

Newcastle need to beat Worcester and then hope they pick up a scalp somewhere.

Bath are playing 4 play off chasing teams which will be tough games. Again they need a scalp and then beat Worcester on the final weekend away.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'll have a think about what the final table might look like. However, I reckon Leicester and Sarries will be top 2. The final 2 play off spots will be contested by Quins, Exeter and Gloucester. I think Sale and Saints have an outside chance of they win 75-100% of their remaining games and Irish and Wasps have too much to do.

As a Quins fan, I'd like to think we can hold on to third or at least stay in the top 4 but our run-in is among the toughest on paper.

Irish have lost their last two away games by decent margins but will probably see a game against Quins as the ideal opportunity to bounce back. A lot depends on whether the bye week has allowed us to re-integrate our England quartet and get back some of our injured players (Evans and David could be big additions for example), or does the opposite and gives Irish the opportunity to catch us cold. If we win, Top 4 looks odds on. Lose and it starts to look a bit precarious.

Results may also determine whether we see a Tigers first XV in Round 23 or whether they start resting players for the away games. If Saracens pick up a BP win vs. Sale, they might feel like the gap has shrunk a bit too much.

Based upon remaining fixtures, I fancy the top 4 to be Tigers, Saracens, Quins, Gloucester, but it's going to be hard fought. Saints are the dark horses for me. They've got one or the easier run-ins IMO and as @Reiser99 alluded to, they tend to score quite a lot of tries which could see them pick up some very handy BPs.

Last edited:
Realistically we've got next to zero chance of top 4
Top six should be our target, and that could be a reach with AJ out now

Latest posts