• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 21

Bit late, but some thoughts from the Saracens v Bristol match.

Firstly, what an absolutely terrific stadium Tottenham have on their hands; it is very compact (I think the tiers are steeper than most UK grounds) which amplifies the atmosphere, think Millennium rather than Twickenham. The giant screens in all four corners are a joy and getting a drink wasn't a chore compared to most stadiums. I look forward to the future annual fixtures at Tottenham.

The attendance (many commentators put it at north of 40,000) was also very encouraging for the sport.

Action on the pitch was also very good if tense. The last quarter slump that Bristol normally experience didn't materialise and they were incredibly unlucky with the forward pass at the very end of the match to not snatch it. I suspect Saracens probably struggled to reintegrate so many players (back from international duty and injury) simultaneously, and it looked rusty in terms of cohesive play, but that can't belittle the tough competition brought to the table by Bristol. Frisch is a quality act.

On initial view I thought Farrell was going off, although the giant screens clearly showed that it was shoulder contact and partial wrap due to the changing line of the tackled player.

In terms of run-in to the play-offs, I think it'll be Leicester > Saracens > Harlequins > Gloucester

@Reiser99 I'd be curious to see whether there is a database of player injuries. A lot is made of artificial pitches causing injury, but you'd expect clubs like Saracens to be impacted the most if that was the case.

I think we just need to claim top 8 and be happy. Our injury run decimated us at the start of the season and we have looked fairly rusty since. We seem to be focused on ironing out future squad issues and securing players for next season. I am optimistic about next season if everyone stays fit however.

100% the better team. Thought the ref had a strange game. Sometimes looked in complete control and at other times not sure on his decisions. Thought Lockwood lookes a good player yesterday btw.
Yeah Lockwood looks a good one coming through...

I think we just need to claim top 8 and be happy. Our injury run decimated us at the start of the season and we have looked fairly rusty since. We seem to be focused on ironing out future squad issues and securing players for next season. I am optimistic about next season if everyone stays fit however.
Your game vs Irish be probably be crucial to a top 8 finish.

@Reiser99 I'd be curious to see whether there is a database of player injuries. A lot is made of artificial pitches causing injury, but you'd expect clubs like Saracens to be impacted the most if that was the case.
Tbh I think it's more the amount players are playing. Seems like almost every team has had a string of injuries and struggled to field full strength teams this year.

Sale have a decent shot, looking at the run ins. Much easier than Exeter and Quins' fixtures

I dunno. They only have 4 games and I don't see them beating Saracens without MacGinty.

Gloucester will get at least 4 points from the cancelled game vs. Worcester which will take them up to 58, maybe 59pts. They also have a favourable run-in.

If Sale lose against Saracens this weekend they'd probably need to win their 3 remaining games with BPs to make the top 4.

Latest posts