• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 5

From Tigers POV it's so nice seeing Ford come off and having a player like Burns come on.
Amazed Worcester didn't try to sign him instead of Williams tbh if they wanted a 10.

Couldn't make the falcons game today, but the views are rhat it was not a highlights game .

However, reports are our efficiency in the 22 cost us a bigger win. That's something we need to work on....taking the points we are creating.

I'm thinking it'll be:

9 Quirke
10 Smith
11 May
12 Farrell
13 Slade
14 Watson
15 Malins
Change Faz for Manu and i agree. Steward for Malins is a.....not bothered either way with 2 good choices.

Real shame Malins doesnt play more 10, he'd be the perfect 22 to back up smith(eventually) at 10 while covering 10 knowing Smith can play 80 as he does week in week out.

That's what I think Jones will pick. He won't drop Farrell. And I don't think he'll drop Slade so Manu is a wait and see.
I'd not pick Manu or Nowell mind...until they can stay fit for a good few games.

I'd rather Steward, but I think Jones prefers a playmaker at 15 so he'll pick Malins.

1. Genge
2. Cowan-Dickie
3. Stuart
4. Isiekwe
5. Itoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Willis

09. Youngs
10. Smith
11. Radwan
12. Manu
13. Marchant
14. Watson
15. Mallins

16. Dunn, 17. Obano, 18. Heyes, 19. Lawes, 20. Simmonds
21. Quirke, 22. Ford, 23. Steward

HK, THP and FH are because it's Tonga, for the rest of the AI George benches, Sinkler starts (Stuart to bench)and Ford starts with Smith on the bench

Before anyone asks, Mallins is covering IC in case of injury (or, quite honestly, tactically - 60 minutes of being battered by Manu, then swap him out for a 2nd 5/8)

I can't see Eddie leaving out Farrell or Slade

Last edited:

thumb.png

Next week should be tasty.
Our SA forwards v yours.
It will be like a pro 14 game between Munster and Edinburgh
Should be a good game, but you're in much better form (with stronger 10s, which is the most important) - I'd be happy with a LBP

Kelly would've played alongside Rodd, Quirke and Curtis at u16/u18 level which will add a little spice, too

Worcester looked like they could be competitive in the first 3 rounds, but the last 2 have been very painful for them. Hard to see where they are going to turn this around from.

Just seen the highlights on BT - I honestly thought Wigglesworth had retired/was full time coaching now!
Great to see Burns score, as well - always been a fan

Joseph in such good form atm

Would love to see Lozowski in the mix for England, genuine option at 10/12/13/15
Probably too similar a style of player to Slade, though - doubt EJ would have both of them in the same EPS

If this is a card it's very harsh - wouldn't have been as bad a collision if Muir hadn't collided with him first
Penalty only imo

Edit: Sarries penalty is....not what I expected

Muir was in the way, but I didn't see him change his line. My opinion is Maitland ran into Muir.

Latest posts