• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Grand Final

Quality final that, Sale are building nicely and maybe having both Currys could have made the difference (in fairness Sarries had a few early injuries though). I don't know whether it's just that the commentators mention OF far more than Ford but Ford seemed to be far less involved.

Ford was good, Farrell was better.

I thought Ford wasn't that great. Threw some hard passes and didn't really create anything. For all my dislike of Farrell he made space, put some great passes in and generally created some great gaps for others.

Well done to sarries, their 12 fans and their cheating players.

No hard feelings at all.
Don't give the day job up at the salt mine 😂

Will have to rewatch on TV before making further comment, but those minutes after Hislop was carded were pure raw unadulterated quality from Sarries. You'd have thought Sarries were the ones scrambling to get points, they really dialled up the pressure to suffocate Sale.

Good and accurate ball retention. Some of the cleans when someone was trying to fetch were exceptional.

And the kicking, amazing.

That was scary when the orange smoke person came on; I was thinking what is that smoke? Is it poisonous? Thought it might have been an act of terror.

Well done Sarries. Early injuries to Maitland and George, without the Vunipolae, Christie and McFarland and they still found a way.

Farrell was excellent as he has been for most of the year.

Crowd given as only 61,000.

I'm guessing we are seeing the end of the salary cap cheat squad. All the fringe players who had their houses built by sarries etc will be leaving and they won't be able to replace them.

End of an era really.
Not sure about that. Malins will be a loss, Wray's been a great club man and a few other fringe players are going.

But Toms Parton, Willis and West are very good additions.

The Vunipolae, George, Daly, Farrell, Maitland and Goode are all into their 30s now but McCall's far too smart to let the team go off a cliff edge.

Not sure about that. Malins will be a loss, Wray's been a great club man and a few other fringe players are going.

But Toms Parton, Willis and West are very good additions.

The Vunipolae, George, Daly, Farrell, Maitland and Goode are all into their 30s now but McCall's far too smart to let the team go off a cliff edge.
I meant more that they won't be able to replace like for like, unless they are still building houses and paying holidays etc in the background.

As their 30s players leave and the Duncan Taylor's, Maitlands etc (very good squad players) retire those are the ones I don't see them being able to replace.

McCall has proven he can coach a great team though so I'm sure they will be right up there but I'm guessing a lot of club fortunes in general these days are linked to academy talent.

Latest posts