• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Grand Final

Are there special stands in Twickenham for supporters of each team? If this is so, which are the stands for Sarries supporters and which are for Sharks supporters?

Are there special stands in Twickenham for supporters of each team? If this is so, which are the stands for Sarries supporters and which are for Sharks supporters?
Each finalist gets an allocation of tickets to sell, so there will be sections with largely one group or the other, but most will have just bought tickets through the premiership ticket site so will be spread out - best to go into the Sarries/Sale supporters forums, or Facebook groups, to ask where they're seated if you wanted to be in with one group or another

The allocation for sale season ticket holders is/was U35-U45, M38-M45 and L30-L34

Each finalist gets an allocation of tickets to sell, so there will be sections with largely one group or the other, but most will have just bought tickets through the premiership ticket site so will be spread out - best to go into the Sarries/Sale supporters forums, or Facebook groups, to ask where they're seated if you wanted to be in with one group or another

The allocation for sale season ticket holders is/was U35-U45, M38-M45 and L30-L34
Is this the Sale Sharks sector?
HgPFX0F.md.jpg

So maybe the Saracens sector is in the North side. Isn't it?

I think the closest we have is the tagline "sarries don't have real fans" [sic]

Can I carry a backpack to the stadium? What items are banned? Where can I see the list of banned articles?

Correct, I've got tickets in M19.

Looking forward to the game, should be good
Is M19 the sector of Saracens diehard supporters? I think I got M11 or M10. Is a good site to watch the game? I never been in Twickenham but it looks like L is the perfect view, M is OK and U sucks. Am I correct?

I think the closest we have is the tagline "sarries don't have real fans" [sic]
Whilst not a fan, I do find them far easier to get behind now they play a fairly entertaining slick game that's far less kick chase and structured than it once was, never really understood the utter dislike they got.

It looks like the attendance so far is 70k according the stadium's map:
HgijfKx.jpg

HgijFPj.jpg

HgijqcQ.jpg

Hgij3Mb.jpg

HgijBSV.jpg

What do u think?

Whilst not a fan, I do find them far easier to get behind now they play a fairly entertaining slick game that's far less kick chase and structured than it once was, never really understood the utter dislike they got.
TBF, they deliberately went through a phase of making people hate them.
Night of the long knives, "something special", advertising themselves in the vicinity of other peoples' grounds, absolutely fostering the "everybody hates us and we don't care" seige mentality - which required people to hate them.
Then played a very effective, very boring brand for quite a whole, whilst encouraging some pretty obnoxious behaviours (rubbing opponents' head, excessive clapping etc) and having the odd player who tend to be loved by their fans and hated by others (and the odd player who's hated by his own fans as well TBH)

And that's without the cheating or the tall-poppy syndrome.

I absolutely agree though, they're much harder to hate now they play an all-court game that's actually attractive to watch (though I wish those obnoxious behaviours hadn't spread to every team)

Is M19 the sector of Saracens diehard supporters? I think I got M11 or M10. Is a good site to watch the game? I never been in Twickenham but it looks like L is the perfect view, M is OK and U sucks. Am I correct?
No idea, just went by numbers in our group that would have a reasonable view

TBF, they deliberately went through a phase of making people hate them.
Night of the long knives, "something special", advertising themselves in the vicinity of other peoples' grounds, absolutely fostering the "everybody hates us and we don't care" seige mentality - which required people to hate them.
Then played a very effective, very boring brand for quite a whole, whilst encouraging some pretty obnoxious behaviours (rubbing opponents' head, excessive clapping etc) and having the odd player who tend to be loved by their fans and hated by others (and the odd player who's hated by his own fans as well TBH)

And that's without the cheating or the tall-poppy syndrome.

I absolutely agree though, they're much harder to hate now they play an all-court game that's actually attractive to watch (though I wish those obnoxious behaviours hadn't spread to every team)
I can't disagree with anything you said, can't help but think your also describing England as a rugby nation, be it not quite so devise in alianting everybody be else.

Sarries did a brilliant job at building rivalries that weren't there before. This meant more away fans coming to their empty stadium. Their marketing in general has appeared to be brilliant as well as their match day experience.

But I'm still not sure what it has done to their actual fan base. Have there increased their numbers dramatically, I have no idea.

Maybe it's all worked for them.

I can't disagree with anything you said, can't help but think your also describing England as a rugby nation, be it not quite so devise in alianting everybody be else.
I don't think that fits at all TBH. A lot of the dislike for England as a rugby nation is mostly driven by historical, non-rugby elements rather than anything the players have been doing recently.

Sure, the irritating Saracens style shouting and clapping has unfortunately spilled over in to the England team, but I really don't think that's a big part of why other teams don't like us. At points in time the 'arrogance' tag might have been more warranted, but not in a good while IMO and in any case, a lot of that is driven by the expectant attitude of 'fans' than the players themselves.

Latest posts