• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 4

Well cant see anythng other than a BIG defeat coming at KP.

Newcastle v Bristol - just a hunch. It is the sort of fixture that Bristol could lose
London Irish v Bath - Bath have started where they left off last season - not in a good way
Sale v Exeter - A toss of a coin really, even this early in the season this feels like a big game - Chiefs just
Saracens v Leicester - Quins and Glos really threw it away v Sarries. They look unusually suspect in defence. I strongly fancy Tigers to put the squeeze on and stop Sarries playing.
Harlequins v Northampton - Saints were destroyed up front by Leicester - Quins will get a lot of front foot ball and will do a lot of damage with it.

Newcastle Falcons team to face Bristol Bears (Friday, 7.45pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Tom Penny, 14 Adam Radwan, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Matias Orlando, 11 Mateo Carreras, 10 Brett Connon, 9 Sam Stuart; 1 Adam Brocklebank, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Trevor Davison, 4 Greg Peterson, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Will Welch (captain), 7 Connor Collett, 8 Callum Chick.

Replacements: 16 Charlie Maddison, 17 Logovi'i Mulipola, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Sebastian de Chaves, 20 Jamie Blamire, 21 Josh Barton, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Pete Lucock.

Not available for selection: Phil Brantingham, Luke Coulston, Nathan Earle, Carl Fearns, Gary Graham, Chidera Obonna, Vereimi Qorowale, Charlie Smith, Philip van der Walt, Michael Young.

Bristol Bears:
15 Rich Lane, 14 Luke Morahan, 13 Jack Bates, 12 Piers O'Conor, 11 Henry Purdy, 10 AJ MacGinty, 9 Andy Uren; 1 Jake Woolmore, 2 Will Capon, 3 Kyle Sinckler, 4 Ed Holmes, 5 Joe Joyce, 6 Chris Vui, 7 Jake Heenan (captain), 8 Magnus Bradbury.

Replacements: 16 Harry Thacker, 17 Yann Thomas, 18 Max Lahiff, 19 John Hawkins, 20 Dan Thomas, 21 Harry Randall, 22 Callum Sheedy, 23 Sam Bedlow.

Referee: Luke Pearce.

Last edited:
Newcastle v Bristol - just a hunch. It is the sort of fixture that Bristol could lose
London Irish v Bath - Bath have started where they left off last season - not in a good way
Sale v Exeter - A toss of a coin really, even this early in the season this feels like a big game - Chiefs just
Saracens v Leicester - Quins and Glos really threw it away v Sarries. They look unusually suspect in defence. I strongly fancy Tigers to put the squeeze on and stop Sarries playing.
Harlequins v Northampton - Saints were destroyed up front by Leicester - Quins will get a lot of front foot ball and will do a lot of damage with it.
I could go along with those predictions.

Falcons need a reaction after the Worcester game and they're fielding their strongest side they've been able to put out this season. Bristol are resting a few including Genge, so you could well be right …

After Quins and Gloucester came close, I hope Tigers beat Saracens.

Just concerned about the half backs. Why oh why have we put Stuart in there at 9! Barton has been our one real chink of light this season.
Connon needs a big game today at 10. Schoeman must be working his way back in and yonug Josh Thomas played well on Tuesday night so he will surely have some competition soon .

Good to see the three Argentinians starting. Hopefully will have a positive effect on our backs.

01.10.22_ExeterChiefs_Home_GP_TeamNews_Insta.jpg

I like that team a lot,
Bit of a trial by fire for Carpenter but I'm excited to see him get some senior opportunities
Concerns over our set piece without Schonert, but can't really do anything about that - think the scrum/lineout will be big weapons for Exeter this game

Love that bench front row

Yeah, Bristol do a lot of things right but I wouldn't say defence is particularly top draw
They're very much in the Super Rugby mould

Happy with the game so far...

Collett having a good one. Cracking player just can't stay injury free. Hope he gets a good run fit.

Latest posts