• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 5

Well i got last weekend wrong against Bristol...but i dont think ill get this weekends result wrong...Sarries were pretty impressive ....we could be in for a hiding...even if they play their 2nd team.

So Worcester games are all just an extra two rest weeks now with points removed? No plans to adjust the schedule right?

08.10.22_LeicesterTigers_Away_GP_TeamNews_Insta.jpg

Really happy with that - only changes I'd have made is probably start McIntyre as he's earned it with a run of very good form (though with his injury history he's probably due a bit of a rest) and Curtis on the bench instead of Hill (though that's likely because they've an eye on Manu's workload)
Schonert back is a big boost to our scrum, and the return of Raffi!
Always been a big fan of Simpson but he's not played very well for us

Edit: team has changed and now it's 6. Ross, 8. Jean-Luc, 20. Dugdale
Must have been a rough few minutes in training!

STARTING XV:
15 Freddie Steward [58]
14 Harry Potter [44]
13 Matt Scott [49]
12 Jimmy Gopperth [4]
11 Nemani Nadolo [39]
10 Freddie Burns [106]
9 Richard Wigglesworth (vc) [38]
1 James Cronin [4]
2 Julián Montoya [27]
3 Dan Cole (vc) [294]
4 Harry Wells [160]
5 Calum Green [93]
6 George Martin [43]
7 Hanro Liebenberg (c) [63]
8 Jasper Wiese [45]

REPLACEMENTS:
16 Charlie Clare [56]
17 Nephi Leatigaga [70]
18 Joe Heyes [104]
19 Eli Snyman [22]
20 Olly Cracknell [4]
21 Jack van Poortvliet [51]
22 Phil Cokanasiga [4]
23 Anthony Watson [1]

Montoya and Wiese both massive returnees for Tigers, they've been missed

Last edited:
team-news-web.jpg

Lawrence straight in to start for Bath - him and Redpath are BFF and played together in the age grades so they'll be hoping that that on-field bond has persisted

I'm confused the players on loan stay on loan even though their contracts with Worcester are terminated?

Newcastle Falcons team to face Saracens (Sunday, 3pm, Kingston Park Stadium).
15 Tom Penny, 14 Adam Radwan, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Matias Orlando, 11 Mateo Carreras, 10 Tian Schoeman, 9 Sam Stuart; 1 Adam Brocklebank, 2 George McGuigan, 3 Trevor Davison, 4 Greg Peterson, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Will Welch (captain), 7 Connor Collett, 8 Callum Chick.

Replacements: 16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Logovi'i Mulipola, 18 Richard Palframan, 19 Sebastian de Chaves, 20 Freddie Lockwood, 21 Michael Young, 22 Pete Lucock, 23 Ben Stevenson.

Not available for selection: Phil Brantingham, Luke Coulston, Nathan Earle, Carl Fearns, Gary Graham, Conor Kenny, Tom Marshall, George Merrick, Chidera Obonna, Charlie Smith, Josh Thomas, Philip van der Walt.

Saracens:
15 Elliot Daly, 14 Max Malins, 13 Alex Lozowski, 12 Nick Tompkins, 11 Alex Lewington, 10 Owen Farrell (captain), 9 Ivan Van Zyl; 1 Mako Vunipola, 2 Kapeli Pifeleti, 3 Marco Riccioni, 4 Callum Hunter-Hill, 5 Theo McFarland, 6 Jackson Wray, 7 Ben Earl, 8 Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: 16 Theo Dan, 17 Eroni Mawi, 18 Alec Clarey, 19 Hugh Tizard, 20 Andy Christie, 21 Ruben de Haas, 22 Alex Goode, 23 Josh Hallett.

Referee: Wayne Barnes.

Saracens are putting the big guns out...they must be scared ;):D

I don't know if it's just a bit of bias from me, but Exeter gave away a load of pens before half time and nothing was done, Genge holds his hands out and gets marched back 10 and threatened with being sent off?

Between Genge, Sinckler, Sheedy and Randall you've gotta imagine they'd been warned about back chat at some point beforehand

Absolute coach killer try! Easily avoidable try conceded straight after scoring!

Bristol completely undone not sure how a player trips up the clearing player and his side wins the pen that really shouldn't have been an Exe try but In the context of this game it doesn't really matter

Latest posts