• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 8

With Green injured, David now will get a ban whos next for Quins? Also with Murley away with England that Quins back 3 has taken a hit.

Maybe we should try the Charlie Matthews tactic in a few weeks at the Stoop although knowing our luck he'll probably fake an injury from it

Allan will be away with Italy I think, which likely means Edwards at 10.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Aaron Morris is fit again (for now) so he will probably get the nod at 15.

We don't play again in the Premiership until 25th Nov, so might be time for some injured players to come back in to the mix.

Allan will be away with Italy I think, which likely means Edwards at 10.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Aaron Morris is fit again (for now) so he will probably get the nod at 15.

We don't play again in the Premiership until 25th Nov, so might be time for some injured players to come back in to the mix.
Is Ross Chisholm still in squad?

Just not good enough, almost 70% possession in the 2nd half and nothing to show for it

Sale lacking a bit of creativity even whilst Sarries were down to 13 due to some pretty soft yellows, not sure how much Sarries got away with as I'm on a train with a lot of buffering going on but when a team is down to 13 and opp is allowed to neck roll and dive off feet all in a couple of minute.

Just to clarify by soft I mean pretty unnecessary with little to no pressure, neither were in the act of mounting pressure on the try line.

not sure how much Sarries got away with as I'm on a train with a lot of buffering going on but when a team is down to 13 and opp is allowed to neck roll and dive off feet all in a couple of minute.
Think you were watching a different game, Saracens got away with plenty, as BT kept pointing out
Not releasing on the jackle, high shots, players lying on the wrong side to prevent clearouts, offside player making a tackle on the tryline etc.

Didn't make a difference to the result, though, our decision making was shocking - could still be playing now, with Saracens at the bar, and still be struggling to get points on the board

Think you were watching a different game, Saracens got away with plenty, as BT kept pointing out
Not releasing on the jackle, high shots, players lying on the wrong side to prevent clearouts, offside player making a tackle on the tryline etc.

Didn't make a difference to the result, though, our decision making was shocking - could still be playing now, with Saracens at the bar, and still be struggling to get points on the board
I was commenting on a passage of play rather than the game as a whole, I wasn't using audio and as already stated there was a lot of buffering. Either way I reckon for a Sale fan watching them at the moment is rather infuriating as there is a lot to like and admire but a general lack of creativity outside of bullying the opposition when Ford is fit they will be a different prospect.

******* plastic pitch
I never quite got why the pitch - artificial or grass - is blamed. If there was an increase in injuries playing on artificial pitches, then you'd expect teams that play at home on such pitches would incur far more injuries, yet they don't.

Annoyingly I was really looking forward to this fixture because I think Sale will certainly be up there at the end and Sale are interesting to watch. Sanderson is a quality act and actions on and off the pitch are starting to have an impact. Both teams lacking their England contingent again underlines just how stupid rugby is to have international duties on at the same time as domestic fixtures; it dilutes the brand and people feel short-changed.

Sadly, I'm out of the country so had to resolve myself to viewing tries scored on Twitter. Bit infuriating that the guys conceded three yellow cards, but again the gamesmanship appears to have shone through to neutralise the - at one-point - two-man advantage. Looking forward to watching the replay video.

7 from 7; that's a pretty good start by most accounts. Hopefully European and international fixtures doesn't derail the momentum.

Latest posts