• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 8

Some tasty fixtures this weekend.

I'd go with home wins across the board again … just.

Scrub out Wasps v Falcons....

Two weeks on the trot without a game...not good for the finances.

The nerve of this Gloucester exec complaining about clubs voting for themselves instead of for the league when Gloucester was one of two clubs that voted against games going ahead when the Queen died and cost Bristol and Sale a **** load of money

Got we are lucky not to be 14 - 3 down by us being sloppy

Not sure that Exeter's gameplan of slowly passing to stationary forwards is going to be enough to breakdown this defence, but they don't look like they've got any other ideas in the back pocket

That is 100% a PT, it was going forward at 100mph before it was collapsed

That is 100% a PT, it was going forward at 100mph before it was collapsed
I don't disagree but one thing that gets me is that's a yellow card awarded yet two off side infringements in the build up to Glaws try didn't result in a YC, to me if a single incident collapsing a mail illegally is a yellow so should two or more offences of another kind be, I don't really get why a maul automatically trumps all else.

It's not like every collapsed maul is a yellow, that was going over the line and really blatantly collapsed. Similar to how not every deliberate knock-on is a yellow
Not comparable to a step offside, imo

It's not like every collapsed maul is a yellow, that was going over the line and really blatantly collapsed. Similar to how not every deliberate knock-on is a yellow
Not comparable to a step offside, imo
I mean two obvious offsides within a meter of the try line vs a collapsed maul moving at the rate of knots, both pretty likely to result in a try if not done and a two to one ratio, yellow cards are without A doubt far more frequently awarded for collapsed maul than offsides which only ever really come from repeat offences.

Gloucester beat Exeter, 38-22. 👍 Great job!

1666989673895.png

Last edited:
Not sure that Exeter's gameplan of slowly passing to stationary forwards is going to be enough to breakdown this defence, but they don't look like they've got any other ideas in the back pocket
That was not good enough at all, granted are missing a fair few that would have provided a point of difference but we just arnt converting our possession, all that physicality means nothing if you take zero away from a game.

Unashamed member of the LRZ fan club and last night he showed there's much more to his game than scorching pace. Class act.

Surely that is a red card for Simmons. Direct contact to the head with force, no attempt to dip.

Could argue reduced to yellow as Quin's player changed his running angle and gave Simmons less time to react

Sprints 50 metres, throws his shoulder into the guys face, you might as well carry on running down the tunnel.

Latest posts